Transformations - A new soundset for Diva

Official support for: u-he.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Diva

I already posted about this in the soundware forum, but I thought it would interest you guys here as well. Sorry if that's considered spam.

Diva is meant to be a "Dinosaur impersonating virtual analog" synth, in other words: it's meant to emulate sounds from the past.

With this soundset, I tried to check out what the boundaries of Diva's relatively simple synthesis structure are, to come up with unique presets which go beyond classic analog sounds. Once you dive deeper into Diva's synthesis possibilities, she has quite a few tricks up her sleeve! I tried to use these tricks to tweak every preset as much as possible.

The result is a small set of 38 presets that contains very elaborate sounds, which still have the lush sound of classic analog synths, but are not limited by their limitations.
As a contrast, I also included a few classic presets, which still use some of Diva's more advanced capabilities to make them sound as good as possible.

All presets are categorized, have a description and have common MIDI controls assigned to useful parameters. Simply turning the modwheel or applying aftertouch often drastically transforms the sounds into something completely new.

You can download a demo bank of 5 presets here.

Below you can find an audio demo of some of the included presets. All sounds are straight from the soundset and I only used assigned MIDI controls for automation in this demo.

https://soundcloud.com/nerdmcboon/transformations-demo

You can purchase this soundset for just 6€ here.

I added a few demo presets. You can download them here.

That Ancient Tape and the bass at 0:31 are amazing!
Will think about it, but the style suits me very well. Very different… world

User Data wrote:That Ancient Tape and the bass at 0:31 are amazing!
Will think about it, but the style suits me very well. Very different… world
Thanks a lot!

Yeah, the bass is very unusual. It's certainly not something you'd expect from a "simple" VA synth, but that kinda was my goal for most of the sounds in this set :)
It took ages to get the "brokenness" of the Ancient Tape pad right, so I'm glad you like it!

Diva can do a lot more than one would think at first glance. It was really fun to try to push her to the limits.

NerdMcBoon,
Some cool sounds! Thank you for the free patches!
You can hear my original music at this link: https://www.soundclick.com/artist/defau ... dID=224436

:tu: Rare attention to detail.

aaron aardvark wrote:NerdMcBoon,
Some cool sounds! Thank you for the free patches!
Thanks! I hope the free presets give a good idea about the other presets in this bank. I tried to choose them carefully.
Howard wrote::tu: Rare attention to detail.

Details are the fun part, aren't they? Diva has enough options to add just enough detail to make even seemingly simple sounds unique, which I like a lot.

For example, with Zebra I always feel like "I could have done more to improve this sound", simply because there are so many options. That's not Zebra's fault, but my stupid perfectionism, I suppose :hihi:
Your presets are a great inspiration in that regard! They are amazing and unique, but often also very very simple and streamlined. I really could learn a thing or two from that :hihi:

Thanks to everyone who bought this so far and also thanks for the very positive feedback! Very encouraging :)

Interesting soundz. Love the Synthex style inverted sweep and Ancient Tape. Added to my list to get, will grab the full set after I get Kyhon's Diva set.
"Freedom inhibits creativity" Brian Eno

aesthete wrote:Interesting soundz. Love the Synthex style inverted sweep and Ancient Tape. Added to my list to get, will grab the full set after I get Kyhon's Diva set.
Thanks a lot :)

Ok… this is a beautiful set of sounds. Actually I just got it because of Ancient Tape and Smooth Fella, but I ended up marking the half of them as favorite (especially the drums). Some sounds are already known but they all got their own individual subtleties and details.

Thanks

User Data wrote:Ok… this is a beautiful set of sounds. Actually I just got it because of Ancient Tape and Smooth Fella, but I ended up marking the half of them as favorite (especially the drums). Some sounds are already known but they all got their own individual subtleties and details.

Thanks
Thanks a lot! :)

Yes, I included some classic sounds in this set as well, but I tried to make them unique enough to make them stand out.

Just took a listen to the audio demo... sounds (really) great! :tu:

3ee wrote:Just took a listen to the audio demo... sounds (really) great! :tu:

Purchased. Again, very nice job, hope we see more.
"Freedom inhibits creativity" Brian Eno

aesthete wrote:Purchased. Again, very nice job, hope we see more.
Thanks!

I'm already working on some new stuff, but it will probably take me a while to get something ready.

Return to “u-he”