anyone see this yet ...drum machine !!!

Official support for: u-he.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Wow ...so there is a drum machine coming ..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wh7n1BB ... freload=10
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

With my 2 1/2 years of German that I took in school a million years ago, I understood maybe 10% of that video. Interesting. Sounds a lot better than it did a few months ago, from what I remember. I highly recommend having a lot of factory drum patterns to go with it.
You can hear my original music at this link: https://www.soundclick.com/artist/defau ... dID=224436

that video is from a few months ago. It's from superbooth16, the first time u-he showed that plugin. ;)

I'd pay some nice money for that prototype already.
Computer musician / Ableton Certified Trainer / Mastering engineer
.com
3OP

nilhartman wrote:I'd pay some nice money for that prototype already.
Altho U-he never sell prototypes. They usually give them for free but for limited time.
Murderous duck!

I know, I know ;)
I simply can't wait to use that, it sounds so promising. I've been experimenting with drum/percussion synthesis for years, and I'm pretty sure it'll be a fantastic addition to my kit.
Computer musician / Ableton Certified Trainer / Mastering engineer
.com
3OP

Hard to beat u-Tonic, hoping they do. Looking great but not feeling it in the video. I hope they concentrate on what they do well, syntheic and not acoustic replication, along with creative pattern/beat design.
"Freedom inhibits creativity" Brian Eno

aesthete wrote:I hope they concentrate on what they do well, syntheic and not acoustic replication
The comb modules in Zebra are capable of some quality acoustic sounds. I think u-he is well suited to physical modeling should that interest them.

looks kinda ordinary, tbh.
from urs, i was expecting at least, msegs for pitch and amp, but so far it just looks like a bit of freeware. cant really comment on the sound yet, though!

?!?

That's an old video with a bunch of preliminary information on something that is neither a drum machine nor an actual product. It's just a testbed for some acoustic drum modeling technology we're developing.

A final u-he product would indeed look very different.

Can't wait to see this plugin materialize. This is the one missing major component in the U-He library of tools, and what I personally miss the most on my Linux based audio workstation.

_al_ wrote:looks kinda ordinary, tbh.
from urs, i was expecting at least, msegs for pitch and amp, but so far it just looks like a bit of freeware. cant really comment on the sound yet, though!
It can't have msegs and such since the test bed plugin models the exact physical behavior of acoustic drums (designed for drummers to immerse right in and 'feel' their kit as they play). We're talking wave propagation along surfaces and within objects, sympathetic resonance and various kinds of complex interaction. A completely different approach than traditional synthesis. At least at this research stage. What we might come up with in total isn't set in stone yet.
Sascha Eversmeier
drummer of The Board
software dev in the studio-speaker biz | former plugin creator [u-he, samplitude & digitalfishphones]

aesthete wrote: I hope they concentrate on what they do well, syntheic and not acoustic replication
What part of "physical modeling" don't you understand.
This will be as much a game changer, if not more, as pianoteq was to virtual keys.

RedChameau wrote:This will be as much a game changer, if not more, as pianoteq was to virtual keys.
Hahaha, that would be cool, but let's keep our feet on the ground :clown:

Urs wrote:
RedChameau wrote:This will be as much a game changer, if not more, as pianoteq was to virtual keys.
Hahaha, that would be cool, but let's keep our feet on the ground :clown:
Just to notice - pianoteq is amazing if you've never tried it.
Murderous duck!

Return to “u-he”