Diva location of favorited patches?

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello all,

Could anyone please tell me where Diva stores any favorited patches (right click patch > make favourite)? I would like to be able to copy the marked favorites from my composer boss's computer to my own to see which patches are most usable for a given project.

Additionally, my boss says he is having an issue with favorites disappearing, though I have not seen this happen yet and can't reproduce the behavior on my computer. Knowing where the favorites are saved would be a great help for tracking down this issue.

I have checked the typical places where preferences might be stored (Mac HD/Library/Application Support/u-he, and user/Library/Application Support/u-he), but could not find anything beyond UI preferences.

Thank you for any assistance!
Dashiel

Ah, never mind. :roll:

I found it two minutes after posting that. It's in /Library/Audio/Presets/u-he/Diva/Favourites.db.txt. It never fails. I'll leave this here in case anyone else is curious where they're stored.

Cheers!

This reminds me - I believe I've requested it before, but I'd really like the ability to go to "Patches" and hit a "Favorites" button (or go to some sort of smart folder) and see all my Favorited patches collected together in one place. Hoping that shows up in an update at some point.

+1

Has this maybe changed with more recent updates of Diva?

Unfortunately I cannot find any file 'Favourites.db.txt' in the folder /Library/Audio/Presets/u-he/Diva/

Also checked in the folder /Application Support/u-he/Diva, but nothing there either...

I'm running Diva version 1.4.3. on MacOS 10.14.6 (Mojave). Thanks for any tips!

With version 1.4.3 Diva got our new browser, favourites are now stored in a preset database.
You might want to update Diva to version 1.4.4, as this version includes an option to export or import favourites.
To export, simply hold the Shift key while dragging either the main favourites smart folder, or one of the eight individual smart folders out of the plugin browser onto the desktop.
This creates a file containing information about the favourites. You can open it in a simple text editor if you want to know what is stored in it.
To import favourites, simply drag the favourites file from the desktop onto the desired favourites folder in the plugin browser.
That QA guy from planet u-he.

On Linux, dragging from a plugin to a folder/desktop doesn't always work. In which case, you must copy/sync everything in the "PresetDatabase" folder to your backup location--everything except the .lock file.

This works even where using something like Nextcloud to synchronize favorites/presets. Just be aware that updates to the database files while a plugin is running is frequent. Which has obvious consequences if actively synchronizing two workstations where the same plugin is running; you should probably pause sync on one workstation to prevent overwrites in that case.

lunardigs wrote: Sun Apr 12, 2020 4:39 pm On Linux, dragging from a plugin to a folder/desktop doesn't always work.
That's because we haven't actually implemented drag & drop in the Linux versions of our plugins yet. :wink:

tasmaniandevil wrote: Sun Apr 12, 2020 5:36 pm
lunardigs wrote: Sun Apr 12, 2020 4:39 pm On Linux, dragging from a plugin to a folder/desktop doesn't always work.
That's because we haven't actually implemented drag & drop in the Linux versions of our plugins yet. :wink:
Ahh, I see ...
Maybe you can tell me, if and when you implement it, will there only be support for Gnome/GTK? I use KDE and, for instance, with Bitwig, their implementation of drag & drop only seems to work with Gnome.
Btw, this is hardy a feature I'd say is essential for me. Nonetheless, perhaps with wavetables for Hive/Z3, it could be great--if that's a current or planned feature at all.

lunardigs wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 4:43 am Ahh, I see ...
Maybe you can tell me, if and when you implement it, will there only be support for Gnome/GTK? I use KDE and, for instance, with Bitwig, their implementation of drag & drop only seems to work with Gnome.
While it's on our to do list, it hasn't been planned through yet, so I don't know how we are going to implement this on Linux.

tasmaniandevil wrote: Sun Apr 12, 2020 10:53 am With version 1.4.3 Diva got our new browser, favourites are now stored in a preset database.
You might want to update Diva to version 1.4.4, as this version includes an option to export or import favourites.
Great, good to know. Thanks for the quick reply!

Return to “u-he”