Triple Cheese flat themes

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

This is a reworked "flat" theme that uses only built-in vector shapes (i.e. no image files).

You can find more info and the theme files on Github.

https://github.com/dozius/triple-cheese-themes

Update 2016-08-07: Added alternate version.
Update 2017-05-21: Added Dracula flavour

Screenshots @ 150% GUI size.

Dracula

Monokai

OneDark
Last edited by Dozius on Sun May 21, 2017 8:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Really nice! I like minimalistic interfaces, so these are right up my alley!

Thanks a lot!

Like it a lot! Do you plan to skin other plugins like Podolski, Zebralette, Tyrell...?
yzcoruhT

/* static noise */
Last edited by noiseresearch on Tue Dec 01, 2020 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
/* whitenoise */ /* abandon */ /* reincarnated */

/* static noise */
Last edited by noiseresearch on Tue Dec 01, 2020 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

U-o wrote:Do you plan to skin other plugins like Podolski, Zebralette, Tyrell...?
Most likely for Zebralette at some point. Unlikely for anything else since I either don't own it, don't use it or am satisfied with the themes available already.
resistent wrote:Thanks but something went wrong. As soon as I close the GUI and reopen it the original skin is back, any ideas? It just work when I completly replace the script file in the main folder. However do someone know how to set the gui size to another default higher than 100%?
I guess Triple Cheese doesn't come setup for themes 'out of the box'. Strange since it supports themes. Anyways, I must have set it up myself at some point and forgot. Fortunately it is pretty easy to set up. Here are the steps for windows, not sure about Mac. Maybe someone else can chime in here for that platform, it must be similar.

1. Rename the original script /TripleCheese.data/data/TripleCheese.txt to /TripleCheese.data/data/TripleCheese_original.txt
2. Create a new file /TripleCheese.data/data/TripleCheese.txt
3. Open it in a text editor and add these two lines.

Code: Select all

ALTERNATIVE name='original' filename='TripleCheese_original.txt'
INCLUDE filename='default'
That's it. Now theme support should work properly.

As for saving the default scale, I am not sure it is possible. edit: Looks like you can set this, but not in the GUI. In the theme folder there is a file com.u-he.TripleCheese.Preferences.txt that contains the setting for the default UI size. Open it in a text editor and set it to whatever you want.

/* static noise */
Last edited by noiseresearch on Tue Dec 01, 2020 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

resistent wrote:Nice. Works. One last wish: Could you highlight the label text of the mod source?
You mean make the labels coloured like the dials? I tried that at one point during development and hated it, so I likely won't change it in the released theme. If I get a enough requests for it and some motivation, I suppose I could add an alternate version.

If someone else wants to do it and submit a pull request on GitHub that would be even better. :wink:

/* static noise */

Yes, you would need a GitHub account and know how to use git.

I saved you the trouble though. I went ahead and added the alternate version. :)

Added Dracula flavour. OP updated.

I use Triple Cheese in Renoise frequently and your flat themes would seem to compliment the Renoise GUI very well ...

The error: file couldn't be opened. C:/users/Jeff/Tools/vst64/TripleCheese.data/Data/Scripts/TripleCheesedefault.txt - this is a problem with file permissions, etc ...

FIXED: Evidently not really a permissions problem. I simply renamed the original /TripleCheese.data/Data/Scripts/TripleCheese.txt file to TripleCheese.orig and then created a new TripleCheese.txt file in the same directory and pasted in the XML code from Github. Works perfectly.

Thanks so much for the alternative theme. :)
“I'd far rather be happy than right any day.” ~ Arthur Dent, Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy

You're welcome! Glad you got it sorted.

Return to “u-he”