Q: CC#64 (Hold) - Tyrell N6 and ZebraCM

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

My understanding is that "this holds (i.e., sustains) notes that are playing, even if the musician releases the notes. (i.e., The Note Off effect is postponed until the musician switches the Hold Pedal off)." (Jglatt MIDi Spec)

This does seem to work in all VSTis. For example, DuneCM and NI's B4 II perform as expected. But Tyrell N6 and ZebraCM both activate the Hold when the CC value > 64 is received, but do not stop holding the notes when the CC value of 0 is received. They carry on sounding for ever.

Have I missed something in those plug-ins? Or in my understanding?
vic_france wrote:For me, it is working fine on Mac OS X 10.9.5 (I have tried VST3 and VST2 in Cubase 8.5.20, and AU in Ableton Live 9.6.2). Are you using version 3.0.0 of Tyrell N6!?
Windows 7 64-bit
The Tyrell N6 VST2 dll file is dated September 2014.
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

Bug Confirmed for zebra cm, tyrell is working 4me.

Chris-S wrote:Bug Confirmed for zebra cm, tyrell is working 4me.
Tyrell is not working here too whatever i try. Logic Pro X (latest), OSX 10.11.6, latest version of TN6.

Hi guys,
can you check the 4-digit number in the bottom right corner of the TyrellN6 GUI?
If it's lower than 3898, then you're not using the latest version, in which case, you should update using the installer from the amazona page.

Viktor
u-he team

Cinebient wrote:Tyrell is not working here too whatever i try. Logic Pro X (latest), OSX 10.11.6, latest version of TN6.
Why, what's not working? Just the CC#64 thing?
Cheers
Rob
u-he | Support | FAQ | Patch Library

#rob wrote:
Cinebient wrote:Tyrell is not working here too whatever i try. Logic Pro X (latest), OSX 10.11.6, latest version of TN6.
Why, what's not working? Just the CC#64 thing?
Uupps...yes! The plug-in works fine, just there is no way to send a midi cc64 off message for me.

Are you using revision 3898? Does the plugin say 3898 in the lower right hand corner of Tyrell's GUI?
As my colleague Viktor pointed out a few posts back, if that number is lower than 3898, then you're not using the latest version. CC#64 works in 3898.
Cheers
Rob

#rob wrote:Are you using revision 3898? Does the plugin say 3898 in the lower right hand corner of Tyrell's GUI?
As my colleague Viktor pointed out a few posts back, if that number is lower than 3898, then you're not using the latest version. CC#64 works in 3898.
:roll: Thank´s....indeed it seems i´m using 2709. I thought the latest would be available on the U-he site. I also had to go to the default GUI to see the number.....so my fault, sorry.
So i will try to update now to 3898. I mean it´s a free software and i don´t have to whining in general. So thank you, it´s really appreciated :tu:

O.K. Rev 3898 solved it! Perfect! Thank´s and sorry to wasted your time :tu: :phones:

The unshushable Coktor wrote:Hi guys,
can you check the 4-digit number in the bottom right corner of the TyrellN6 GUI?
If it's lower than 3898, then you're not using the latest version, in which case, you should update using the installer from the amazona page.

Viktor
u-he team
There is no version number on the GUI I am using:

Image >>> http://i.imgur.com/3eqyG2X.png

Before I do any installs, is there any other way I can check it?
Inspired by ...

DarkStar wrote:is there any other way I can check it?
Well, switch back to the original theme temporarily. :)
Cheers
Rob

^^^
if I still had it I would. ;)

Anyway, I have now downloaded the latest version (3898), from
https://www.amazona.de/freeware-synth-tyrell-n6-v3-03/
and installed it.

Hold now works OK, sorry for the hassle. CC#64 values > 0 turn on Hold, CC#64 value of 0 turns it off.
Inspired by ...

Is Zebra Cm also updated? Is there a link? :help:

Don't think so, but maybe we will get a CM version of Zebra 3. :-)

Return to “u-he”