AIKO Skin (for U-he Diva)

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Diva

Ho do you install this? I've put the file in the "Themes" folder but can't see how to change the skin anywhere. Just trying to Demo!

Clock on the 'cog' on the far right of Diva to bring up the Settings menu and one of the options will be for choosing theme

mcbpete wrote:Clock on the 'cog' on the far right of Diva to bring up the Settings menu and one of the options will be for choosing theme
Thanks man :tu: :phones:

It won't load for me, i have it in my Themes folder, latest version of Diva, Live 9.5 on OSX10.8.5
The name doesn't show in the 'cog' menu or with a right click on the top bar thing… bummer, was very much looking forward to demoing this skin. Looks amazing! Well thought out.

This is an awesome looking skin. I think I'll be buying.

Note: I think the ADSR faders on the digital envelopes would look better if they were a little wider. It would improve readability a bit IMO compared to the very narrow/tall faders.

I tried the demo yesterday, running it at 130%.

It seems that when trying to apply modulation the mouse courser is a bit off. You have to navigate a bit below what you expect, before the modulation is applied. Several times I ended up turning the knob instead of applying modulation.
I can't lie to you about your chances, but... you have my sympathies.

sqigls wrote:It won't load for me, i have it in my Themes folder, latest version of Diva, Live 9.5 on OSX10.8.5
The name doesn't show in the 'cog' menu or with a right click on the top bar thing… bummer, was very much looking forward to demoing this skin. Looks amazing! Well thought out.
There are two possibility I can think.
(1)The theme folder's path is "Macintosh HD/Library/Application Support/u-he/Themes”. I'm afraid you put the folder to "(your user name)/Library/....."

(2)A theme folder must be unzipped and placed like following:

Elevated_being wrote:I tried the demo yesterday, running it at 130%.

It seems that when trying to apply modulation the mouse courser is a bit off. You have to navigate a bit below what you expect, before the modulation is applied. Several times I ended up turning the knob instead of applying modulation.
Excuse me but could you tell me more specific? I don't see the situation.
ImageMONA, the new skin for DIVA is released! | Follow me on Twitter.

nah dude, it's in the right folder. Unzipped.
I ain't no newbie

[edit] it's Diva rev 4078, and it doesn't show up.
BTW, my HD is named "SanDisk240", not "Mac HD whatever" also, not sure if this is an absolute path you've used in your scripts or something??

May sound silly, but have you tried to make Live (hard-) re-scan the plugin folder yet?
Cheers
Rob
u-he | Support | FAQ | Patch Library

that DOES sound silly

sqigls wrote:nah dude, it's in the right folder. Unzipped.
I ain't no newbie

[edit] it's Diva rev 4078, and it doesn't show up.
BTW, my HD is named "SanDisk240", not "Mac HD whatever" also, not sure if this is an absolute path you've used in your scripts or something??
No, I just meant that it is not user library but the system library that the theme has to be installed.
If other themes don't show up either, it will be a more fundamental problem. If it happens only for AIKO skin, actually I have no more idea.

sqigls wrote:that DOES sound silly
So did it work?

Live seems to not just create an index of installed plugins, it seems to do more. It happened several times, even at our office, that a new plugin version was installed but the old revision number was still visible on the GUI. Doing a hard re-scan solved this.

Yes, it sounds silly. Thank you for confirming that. And yet it is a valid thing to ask in order to exclude this behaviour of Live as the underlying issue.
Cheers
Rob

plugmon wrote:If it happens only for AIKO skin, actually I have no more idea.
Maybe file/folder permissions?
Cheers
Rob

If you try to apply modulation to a knob, e.g. You have selected Lfo1 for filter cutoff. When you click the area now labeled Lfo1 and you move the mouse up or down to apply the amount of modulation, you often move the knob and NOT applying modulation.

Hope that makes sense.
I can't lie to you about your chances, but... you have my sympathies.

Elevated_being wrote:

If you try to apply modulation to a knob, e.g. You have selected Lfo1 for filter cutoff. When you click the area now labeled Lfo1 and you move the mouse up or down to apply the amount of modulation, you often move the knob and NOT applying modulation.

Hope that makes sense.
Oh, I got it!! Thanks.
There were invisible knobs overlaying the displays, some of which I found were not in the right position -- especially Mod1 for Cutoff.

I'll fix this in the next release.

Return to “u-he”