Simulating Minimoog sounds with Uhe ACE

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
ACE (Any Cable Everywhere)

Hi Everyone,

I would like to know if there is any sound designing tutorials for Ace whereby I can learn to setup ACE in a 3 OSC setup and try to replicate Minimoog type bass and lead sound with ACE... I love Diva but I must use what I have at the moment as I cant afford Diva right now

Regards

Any One that can assist?

Inspiration for an hour tweaking ACE :-).
Here's a template preset to get you started (see attachment). Includes several little "detunes".
Details are written into the preset "Information", but here's a copy:

* LFO2 plays the role of oscillator 3.
* Filter 2 is used for overdrive only - adjust the Gain.
* All oscillators are free-running (‘reset’ is off)
* LFO1 vibrato (via mod wheel) is much deeper than usual
* A little noise is added
* The cutoff is set lower than zero (see map!) and the filter envelope strength is doubled (see multiplex 2)
* The Ramp is an extra unipolar LFO in case you need it. Connected for PWM here.
* The sub oscillator is set to -2 octaves, but isn’t used because it is phase-locked to oscillator 1.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tip: Get to know ACE much more by reading the manual ;-)

Thank You so much Howard!! I am really a noob on sound designing and Ace I think way above my Fireplace!!

Thank you for the template, Howard! Your presets absolutely rule, man!

ACE is hard when you're new to synthesis, I was relatively experienced when I started with it and had a fair bit of trouble. Once you break your stride with it, though, it's killer ;)
http://sendy.bandcamp.com/releases < My new album at Bandcamp! Now pay what you like!

Sendy wrote:ACE is hard when you're new to synthesis, I was relatively experienced when I started with it and had a fair bit of trouble. Once you break your stride with it, though, it's killer ;)
I must just sit and go through the tutorials that can be found on the net.. been googleling and found some

Thanks for all the replies :tu:

FOLLOW UP 2021

Return to “u-he”