[Repro-1] Released!

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Repro

Urs wrote:
TomSwitz wrote:With some presets a slider appears suddenly in the information window, even if there is nothing to slide really.
I think that's in the works...
a preset-morphing slider?????? :hyper:

Why no polyphony? Who wouldn't want a polyphonic pro one? :scared:

Timfonie wrote:
e@rs wrote:WTF, a few days ago the price was 77 EUR, now it's 80 EUR... :x
Even though U-he is a German company it seems the price in USD is fixed while the price in EUR increased as the dollar/euro rate went up.
It's stil around 80 euro incl. VAT which is not bad at all. Just don't wait until it's $99,- / €115,- ;)
Sorry, but it's not 'around' 80 EUR, it's 80.33 EUR. And for sure it's worse than 77 EUR. Unfortunately I'm not a rich guy and every $ or EUR counts.

e@rs wrote:
Timfonie wrote:
e@rs wrote:WTF, a few days ago the price was 77 EUR, now it's 80 EUR... :x
Even though U-he is a German company it seems the price in USD is fixed while the price in EUR increased as the dollar/euro rate went up.
It's stil around 80 euro incl. VAT which is not bad at all. Just don't wait until it's $99,- / €115,- ;)
Sorry, but it's not 'around' 80 EUR, it's 80.33 EUR. And for sure it's worse than 77 EUR. Unfortunately I'm not a rich guy and every $ or EUR counts.
If every penny counts, why would you buy plugins??

The Driven filter type is amazing. Its nice and really a new level to have such tweak abilities in a softsynth.

I have just downloaded the second beta and I was both very disappointed and very happy!!

It is almost not usable in Studio One v3 (damn! I have just upgraded to Pro from Artist :cry: ) and the performance in Cubase is so so :(

But opened it in FL Studio, and shock!! so smooth performance and even when changing presets, not a cough! Like it was designed for FL Studio!
Then in Live 9, and it is the same! Very smooth with cpu usage not exceeding 35% (not high performance power options in Win 10) and that with HQ enabled.
And of course Reaper is like the big brother for all VST instruments! :hihi:

Great sound. I felt bored from so many Moogs around, so this is a very nice refreshing sound :tu:

I just hope the support can omit the taxes from the price (I live in New Zealand!).

No problem here in Studio One 3 with HQ on. I am on Win10 with an i7

acidsmiley wrote:The Driven filter type is amazing. Its nice and really a new level to have such tweak abilities in a softsynth.
When was that released. I cant' seem to get a new filter type. I'm not a fan of the original in that you lose all the bass if you apply any res.

It's on the tweaks page under filter. ;)
Latest release and Socials: https://linktr.ee/ph.i.ltr3

Made In Machines wrote:
acidsmiley wrote:The Driven filter type is amazing. Its nice and really a new level to have such tweak abilities in a softsynth.
When was that released. I cant' seem to get a new filter type. I'm not a fan of the original in that you lose all the bass if you apply any res.
That won't change I'm afraid. This synth is about something else, not preserving gain for resonance. Actually, resonance would blow speakers if osc gain was preserved.

Yeah volume has to attenuate to compensate for filter resonance doesn't it? Or am i talking out my posterior?

Anyway grateful for the presets; i hadn't got into programming anything, was just tweaking but they really sell the synth and o nthat note i get the annoynace about vat on top but how much is a real pro one gonna set you back? Even a budget analog costs more.

Sonically i think i prefer it to the mopho, absolutely mahoosive bass , love the EH In Your Face Mod.
Latest release and Socials: https://linktr.ee/ph.i.ltr3

musikmachine wrote:Yeah volume has to attenuate to compensate for filter resonance doesn't it? Or am i talking out my posterior?
Different kinds of filters act differently on resonance. SVFs (Oberheim, Yamaha) or Sallen-Key (ancient Korg) don't lose bass and volume with resonance, but they get a lot louder overall - may hurt ears. 4 pole filters (transistor/diode ladder, cascade filters) usually drop in volume because the resonance/feedback actually subtracts the low pass filtered signal from the input. There are ways to compensate for this loss, but they're not without side effects. So you end up with either mental resonance (like SVF) or with a lot of distortion, i.e. not "juicy" or "lets one feel the electricity" at all.

To be clear, many synth with SVF filters *compensate* for the utterly loud resonance by lowering the output volume - so you end up in the same boat as with a four pole filter. Roland JP-6 / alpha Juno are examples.

However, in the digital world it's possible to at least compensate for the initial drop of volume, like, before things get messy. But that really is something best left for a digital synth, not an emulation.

I had some weird behaviour that I can't reproduce now.

I loaded up a preset I made with the last beta that had direct modulation on osc A & B freq. All three mod sources are set to direct but only mod osc b has any amplitude. Mod LFO and mod fil env are off. The preset wasn't making any sound at all when I loaded it up but if I flipped mod lfo to wheel modulation the patch went back to how it should sound. I played around a bit and it didn't seem to matter the amplitude of mod lfo, if it was set to direct it would just wreck the patch.

I then noticed if I held a note long enough I could hear some clicks once in awhile, kind of what I would expect with a very low frequency oscillation. I'm guessing the LFO "blew up" and was outputting some large constant DC value. Flipping through other presets at this point also seemed to have strange results with anything being modulated by mod LFO. Reloading RePro seemed to fix the problem. :shrug:

p.s. just noticed the known issues. Perhaps related to the sound glitches when switching presets?

Hehehe love the new filter types, you can really hear the differences between them. It's not subtle. They turn every patch into 2 more patches. :D

Don't like that the Save button is more cramped. It's the most important button on the whole synth! Pushed to the side by HQ and Zzz! How rude! Who invited them?!
Oh I know who invited them...it was all the CPU whiners on these forums. :x :hihi:
:hyper: M O N O S Y N T H S F O R E V E R :hyper:

Dozius wrote:I had some weird behaviour that I can't reproduce now.

I loaded up a preset I made with the last beta that had direct modulation on osc A & B freq.
Interesting. Could you eventually post this preset here, or send it to support@u-he.com? I'd like to take a look at its settings and see if I can reproduce the issue to find the cause.
That QA guy from planet u-he.

Return to “u-he”