Diva 2 Wishlist (purely hypothetical, nothing in development)

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

zosoaudo007 wrote:- Better stability and reliability with this baby. Every time I open a project and discover that a VST isn't working, it is with 90% likelihood that it's Diva.
It would be great to get these reports sent to support at u-he dot com - it is with 90% likelihood that our team can eliminate the root cause of the issue :clown:

It's Cubase 8.5 and Nuendo 7 on OSX and PC. It's possible that it's issues with the boxes, but it's two different PCs and the synth constantly gives me grief. The OSX version is much more unstable.

Elektronisch, you're right. The real-time/offline rendering options are available on one machine and not the other. Must be a version behind on one machine. Thanks for the tip.

zosoaudo007 wrote:Things I'd like to see in Diva 2:

- Better stability and reliability with this baby. Every time I open a project and discover that a VST isn't working, it is with 90% likelihood that it's Diva.
Personally I've never had stability problems with any of the U-he plugins that I use (Repro, Diva, Zebra, Presswerk, Satin running in Cubase 9 and Wavelab 9 on 2 separate Windows 7 systems).

zosoaudo007 wrote:It's Cubase 8.5 and Nuendo 7 on OSX and PC. It's possible that it's issues with the boxes, but it's two different PCs and the synth constantly gives me grief. The OSX version is much more unstable.
Please send your report to our support team. It's very likely *not* Diva creating the instability.

I'm waiting eagerly on zebra 3 and repro-5, but I'm curious if diva 2 will be done eventually too?

SiliconDeath wrote:I'm waiting eagerly on zebra 3 and repro-5, but I'm curious if diva 2 will be done eventually too?
There will eventually be a Diva 2, but not anytime soon. Probably years away.

Urs wrote:Hehehe, I just hope we don't need to create a "Diva 2 Info" thread that lasts for 100+ pages.
^^needs to be quoted on every page...

This thread had been open something like 10 months and it's only 9 pages, at that rate Urs, it would take over 9 years to get to 100 pages. Plenty of time for a Diva update. :wink:

Wait until browser curse is over. May be it would be 20 pages then.
Murderous duck!

CS-80 Style Ring Mod or as a Uhbik module.

Stepped glide (may already be possible ?)

synth_punk wrote:Stepped glide (may already be possible ?)
Also make sense to allow different temperaments like natural and equal and scales
Murderous duck!

Any tidbits on diva 2 development? Will Zebra 3 come before diva 2?

david.beholder wrote:
synth_punk wrote:Stepped glide (may already be possible ?)
Also make sense to allow different temperaments like natural and equal and scales
It's a Diva so should also have a wider range of temperaments like angry, pettish, seductive, temperamental, overbearing and self centred.

SiliconDeath wrote:Any tidbits on diva 2 development? Will Zebra 3 come before diva 2?
Zebra3 will DEFINITELY come before Diva 2, the latter of which is likely years away. There's been no indication that Diva 2 is any more than a list of features and enhancements tucked away in Urs' brain somewhere.

In the last few weeks I've been thinking that it'd be cool if Diva 2 had a true-stereo signal path with the option to load and pan oscs and filters (this would require doubling up from one primary filter module to two). Also, a third envelope might be nice, even if just a simple, Roland-style A/D.

Lastly, I can't help but think it would be a lot of fun to mix and match individual oscillators versus loading an entire oscillator bank. For instance, what if I want to combine a Supersaw osc with a Moog square. I'm not sure how that would work considering the oscilator banks in Diva are much more than just their waveforms, but just thinking out loud.

Still, the most important feature for me in a potential Diva 2 reamains MIDI mapping improvements. More than anything, I'd kill if U-he could sort out MIDI mapping so Diva could be more controller friendly particularly when it comes to mapping the tuning and the oscillator waveform selection. I'd pay for a Diva 2 upgrade if that was the only thing it did differently.

Return to “u-he”