Pattern randomizer presets for Repro-1

Official support for: u-he.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello everybody.

Here's a small collection of scripted presets that should make working with patterns in Repro-1 a little bit more joyful. 36 presets in total.

01 Enable Arp Mode.h2p
Enables Arpeggiator and Sequencer. Effectively turns any preset into a sequenced one, while keeping all other synth settings intact.

Next is a bunch of note randomizers. Each time you run these presets they will generate a different set of notes from predefined scales. Each preset has its own feel, and some of them are more random then the others:
02 Randomize Notes (Bassline).h2p
03 Randomize Notes (Alt 1).h2p
04 Randomize Notes (Alt 2).h2p
05 Randomize Notes (Alt 3).h2p
06 Randomize Notes (Octaves).h2p
07 Randomize Notes (Pentatonic).h2p
08 Randomize Notes (4+5).h2p
09 Randomize Notes (News).h2p
10 Randomize Notes (Tresor).h2p
11 Randomize Notes (Twins 1).h2p
12 Randomize Notes (Twins 2).h2p
13 Randomize Notes (Waterfall).h2p
14 Randomize Notes (Wild).h2p

Note type randomizers:
15 Randomize Type (Rest).h2p
16 Randomize Type (Tied).h2p
17 Randomize Type (Wild).h2p

Velocity randomizers:
18 Randomize Velocity (1-127).h2p
19 Randomize Velocity (1-10).h2p
20 Randomize Velocity (1-64).h2p
21 Randomize Velocity (64-127).h2p

This one will shuffle the number of active steps in both patterns, while keeping the length of the resulting sequence:
22 Rebalance Active Steps.h2p

The rest are helper scripts.

Duplicate stuff (if there's enough space to duplicate to):
23 Duplicate Notes.h2p
24 Duplicate Types.h2p
25 Duplicate Velocity.h2p

Transpose notes by semitones or octaves:
26 Notes +1.h2p
27 Notes -1.h2p
28 Notes +12.h2p
29 Notes -12.h2p

Increase and decrease velocity:
30 Velocity +10.h2p
31 Velocity -10.h2p

Reset parameters:
32 Reset Notes.h2p
33 Reset Types.h2p
34 Reset Velocity to 1.h2p
35 Reset Velocity to 64.h2p
36 Reset Velocity to 127.h2p

All presets except 22-25 are active pattern aware and will only affect parameters in the currently active pattern. This allows you to target specific areas using Pattern switch (1, 2, 1+2) in the Sequencer panel of the Repro-1.

There's a reason why these presets may stop working in future versions of Repro-1. If this happens, I'll need to update them. But until then have fun

2021-04-01 - Updated to work with any Repro-1 version :party:
---
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by drzhnn on Wed Mar 31, 2021 10:07 pm, edited 3 times in total.

I'm surprised the scripting engine still works after all these years :lol:

(we will have to block "dangerous" parameters from it... ones that are for internal use only and could blow up the audio)

It'd probably be used way more if it were documented properly... just like the GUI editor :P

EvilDragon wrote:It'd probably be used way more if it were documented properly... just like the GUI editor :P
or, if its bugs were fixed... ever... :oops:

Urs wrote:I'm surprised the scripting engine still works after all these years :lol:

(we will have to block "dangerous" parameters from it... ones that are for internal use only and could blow up the audio)
I haven't seen any audio issues but my Reaper crashed quiet a few times while I was eyeballing what those Global.Parameter IDs actually control :) So it's safe to say that the "dangerous parameters" are well protected from people like me :hihi:

<stupid question>
Will these scripts work with Zebra?
</stupid question>

Thanks drzhnn :tu:

As you said lots of fun to be made with this and also handy with reset functions.
Sound C loud
Band C amp
Clicks and pops is all I get

chardin wrote:<stupid question>
Will these scripts work with Zebra?
</stupid question>
No, the scripts target parameters specific to Repro-1. But I will probable make something similar for Zebra in the future. I believe there's a Randomizers folder which comes along with official Zebra installation and has some scripted presets in it.

Great stuff, drzhnn :tu:
The ones I'm particularly interested in are the semitone transposition scripts, but they immediately crash my preferred hosts. Any ideas why?

Howard wrote: The ones I'm particularly interested in are the semitone transposition scripts, but they immediately crash my preferred hosts. Any ideas why?
Are you using the latest official release version (1.0.0 r5332) or an internal beta?

Aha! Good question. It seems I'm at 5325 on the laptop (Mac). Trying latest version now...
5354 internal version also crashes when I load the semitone transposition scripts. Will try official 1.0 now.
Official release version 5332 also crashes here. Tested in Reaper64 and "Ju-x AU hosting".

That's weird. Is it just a specific script or all of them cause a crash? I'm on Windows and testing in Reaper x64 and SAVIhost. All scripts work as expected in vst and vst3 versions of Repro-1. Unfortunately I can't test on mac... But there are several reasons why they can crash in general:

1. It's a bug in the script and I'm too stupid to spot it (but I'll keep trying).
2. Script engine in mac versions is less tolerable to errors in scripts.
3. Mac versions of Repro-1 use different parameter IDs.

Most likely it's the #1 but could be anything else. I access parameters by their numeric IDs (like Global.Parameter[123]), because most named identifiers in Repro-1 (like Pattern 1.Step 1 Note) contain spaces and therefore inaccessible from scripts. Or I'm yet to find out how to do that.

If anyone else have tested the scripts please leave a comment with your results. Maybe they're crashing for everybody except me and then it's better to just delete this whole thread :shrug:

I'm on Win 10 64 and no crashing here.
Sound C loud
Band C amp
Clicks and pops is all I get

They worked for me, also in HostingAU.

I can try to figure out how to make them future proof, i.e. how to get the relevant parameter IDs.

sbj wrote:I'm on Win 10 64 and no crashing here.
That's encouraging. Thank you sbj. Let's hope it's just a mac thing...
Urs wrote:I can try to figure out how to make them future proof, i.e. how to get the relevant parameter IDs.
That would be super cool! :hyper:

Return to “u-he”