DIVA problem with sustain pedals + some gotchas

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

EDITED: sort-of my own fault, but still deserves at least a sideway glance. updated the post.

Currently building my own keyboard brain to get some nifty extra features for my fatar keybed.

Due to a problem where sometimes duped noteons get sent, which makes a note stuck as there is one more note on than note off, I mitigated by sending one noteoff before each noteon as a soft midi-panic. Not ideal - but works for the most part apart from this:

In DIVA, if
I press one key A,
press down sustain,
release A,
hit another key B and
then release the pedal (fully),
both A and B no longer sound even if I never actually stopped pressing B.

-- due to the extra noteoff? depends on how you check key states on sustain release...

Did not have the same issue with a couple of other U-he synths ( tried Zebralette for instance.).

cheers
Last edited by ulph on Tue Feb 07, 2017 8:40 pm, edited 5 times in total.
PhasePhckr (modular MPE VSTi) G+
Fatar88Lux (dyi MIDI brain) bitbucket
Assault Opera - sound cloud | spotify

Ok, so another quirk - can't believe I haven't payed attention to this before ... but it seems if I exceed the number of voices for the patch by playing the same chord x times all while having sustain down, when I release the sustain _all_ notes are killed even if I keep holding the chord.

I made a demo of the problem as a reaper project, recording my hand movement as well https://www.dropbox.com/s/leeudshg75xa0 ... 2.zip?dl=0 (show video windows in reaper to see it aligned to the midi data).

This seems a bit backwards to me.

Return to “u-he”