Is the Repro5 really happening?

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello chaps. Is the Prophet 5 version of the Repro really happening? I'm inline for a prophet type synth and I'm looking at the Prophet 6 but would prefer to not spend thousands. If this is in the pipeline I'd rather just hold off and get the u-he version. Any idea? Timelines? Anything? Thanks so much. Cheers.

Nothing official so far.

I doubt very much it will happen any time soon. It will seriously kill the sales of the repro1.

supposed to be an update/addition to repro-1 if i remember right.

Hi,

we're on the case. ;) A few people in the office are working on what we currently call Repro-5 (name might change). Because I don't want to be the one who spills out wrong information, I'll have to be a bit vague here. So that's all I can say for now but I assume that there will be a more official comment on that in the somewhat-near future.

Cheers
William

u-he-william wrote:Hi,

we're on the case. ;) A few people in the office are working on what we currently call Repro-5 (name might change). Because I don't want to be the one who spills out wrong information, I'll have to be a bit vague here. So that's all I can say for now but I assume that there will be a more official comment on that in the somewhat-near future.

Cheers
William
Tits. One insta-buy right here. :hyper:

AnX wrote:It will seriously kill the sales of the repro1.
To the contrary. I can't find the post right now, but the options were outlined in detail, including concepts that make Repro-1 users happy.

However, there's still a big IF or two. Hence, while some guys are working on the ingredients we can neither deny nor confirm any plans to release this.

Urs wrote: Hence, while some guys are working on the ingredients we can neither deny nor confirm any plans to release this.
While Urs is enjoying his vacation time?
Murderous duck!

david.beholder wrote:
Urs wrote: Hence, while some guys are working on the ingredients we can neither deny nor confirm any plans to release this.
While Urs is enjoying his vacation time?
Absolutely!
UrsHeliUluru.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Urs wrote:
To the contrary. I can't find the post right now, but the options were outlined in detail, including concepts that make Repro-1 users happy.
Free upgrade? Even so, if a pro5 comes out, why would anyone buy a pro1 (given that a poly version was the biggest request)

AnX wrote:
Urs wrote:
Free upgrade? Even so, if a pro5 comes out, why would anyone buy a pro1 (given that a poly version was the biggest request)
Cause there may be functionality in the mono version that is not in the poly version

pdxindy wrote:
AnX wrote:
Urs wrote:
Cause there may be functionality in the mono version that is not in the poly version
Yes, im aware of that, but i still think a pro5 will kill sales of the pro1. They made an error of judgement with pro1 imo.

Urs wrote:Absolutely!
UrsHeliUluru.png
Australia?
AnX wrote: Yes, im aware of that, but i still think a pro5 will kill sales of the pro1. They made an error of judgement with pro1 imo.
Pro1 has highest sales in U-he history already. Please add it to considerations.
Murderous duck!

AnX wrote:They made an error of judgement with pro1 imo.
Yeah... making the best analog emulation yet is an error of judgement :lol:

david.beholder wrote:Pro1 has highest sales in U-he history already. Please add it to considerations.
In the after release rush, yes. However, by now Diva and Zebra are selling higher numbers.

(which we expected)

Return to “u-he”