Is the Repro5 really happening?

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Zebra 3 is going to seriously kill sales of Zebra 2. They made an error of judgment with Zebra IMO.

News From The Sky wrote:Zebra 3 is going to seriously kill sales of Zebra 2. They made an error of judgment with Zebra IMO.
Maybe not.

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 3#p5091993
Feel free to call me Brian.

Product X+1 is going to seriously kill sales of Product X.
Sounds like meme.
Murderous duck!

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote:Urs, I didn't know you're a pilot. What do you fly?
Hah, I wished...

Pilot sits next to me in a small helicopter (no idea what brand). I got to sit in the front seat next to him because I was operating the camera. The pic is my attempt at a selfie with myself and Uluru inside.

waltercruz wrote:BTW, from my memory, Repro1 had 2 main objectives to Urs: proving to himself that he was capable of building good filters and being a 'class' to teach the employes of U-He. This part of Knowledge transfer is really what keeps a company open in the long run. Now there's someone working on The Cat, probably some others working on Repro5 and Urs is having his deserved vacation and will get back to Z3. So, the outcome of Pro1 is more than financial.
Well put!

Urs wrote:...with myself and Uluru inside.
I won!
beholder wrote:Australia?
Murderous duck!

bmrzycki wrote:
News From The Sky wrote:Zebra 3 is going to seriously kill sales of Zebra 2. They made an error of judgment with Zebra IMO.
Maybe not.

Price for Zebra3: 249$
:o

Didn't know it'll cost more than Zebra 2. Quite a steep one.

bmrzycki wrote:
Maybe not.

Give your sarcasm meter a good hard flick with your finger, I think I pegged the needle.

:hihi:

Having gone over the comments I have to say I disagree with the skepticism about sales preventing the Repro 5 project from going ahead. I disagree on the basis of historical record I guess. I don't know of any company where I got so much stuff for very little over the years. I bought Diva in 2011 and since then I seem to recall getting constant refinements for free. I also remember getting quite a few free soundware packages and I think there was a free Oberheim filter in there as well as a free oscillator model; both of which expand the scope of the synth considerably. After six years of ownership I've not paid a single pence towards it but the product kept getting better/bigger. But hey even if it was about the money I couldn't really hold it against them. I mean what a bunch of a$$holes trying to make a living right?! Kidding aside I don't think there is any need for the skepticism on that particular point.

Urs wrote: To the contrary. I can't find the post right now, but the options were outlined in detail, including concepts that make Repro-1 users happy.

However, there's still a big IF or two. Hence, while some guys are working on the ingredients we can neither deny nor confirm any plans to release this.
Urs, who difficult/easy would it be to emulate a Prophet VS, based on Repro-know how?
It would be great to have an emulation of that synthie that captures its magic...

Arrested Developer wrote:Urs, who difficult/easy would it be to emulate a Prophet VS, based on Repro-know how?
It would be great to have an emulation of that synthie that captures its magic...
Yes please yes please yes please.

I don't have a VS... can't say...

Urs wrote:I don't have a VS... can't say...
..and if you read between the lines, what Urs is really saying is that you have to donate a Prophet VS to him :hihi:
Win 10 -64bit, CPU i7-7700K, 32Gb, Focusrite 2i2, FL-studio 20, Studio One 4, Reason 10

LOL, please don't... I'm currently trying to reduce my collection.

Return to “u-he”