Glitches on DIVA's tracks when I bounce a project

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello Hello ,

I'm a new DIVA users, I have bought it a few weeks ago and I have been playing with it since with great pleasure.

However, since a few days I'm a on a new tracks that needs two sets of pad (the same one but at different pitches and starting at different moment) generated by two DIVA's. I'm not sure why (the sound doesn't sounds that complex) but one pads seems to need a lot of DSP (80%) and in order to properly work with two, I had to freeze everything, that's not perfect but it works.

Once I more or less finish the draft, I switched the two DIVA in divine mode and I bounced the project. When I listened to the results I heads lots of glitches and weird noises as soon as the pads started in the tracks.

I'm quite surprised as I thought that exporting a project was pure computation and it wouldn't matter (except for the time needed to export the project) how needy the plugin was.

Does someone has an idea of what's going on?

Thank you in advance :phones:

Windows 10
i5 7600K, 4.1Ghz, 32Gb Ram
Ableton 9.7.1, RME Fireface (256 samples, I tried to export with 512 and it's the same), Latest version of DIVA in VST2 64 Bit.

That's real strange - I've a very similar setup to you (though only 8gb ram) and, like you, can sometimes struggle to get a few simultaneous Divas to play at the same time in realtime unless I switch quality to fast or draft. However (like you seem to do) when rendering down I switch everything to 'divine' and let it chug away (sometimes it'll take up to twice as long to render the track as the length of the song itself!) - but everything will render out glitch free.... so, yeah weird - as you say it's doing all the calculations 'offline' so shouldn't matter how taxing it gets with the CPU.

By 'bounce down' can I check you mean exporting the track via File -> Export Audio/Video ?

Is it definitely Diva causing it - do you have any other plugins on the same track or on the return or master track that may cause a problem (like with them being in demo mode or something like that ?)

mcbpete wrote:By 'bounce down' can I check you mean exporting the track via File -> Export Audio/Video ?
Exact
mcbpete wrote:Is it definitely Diva causing it - do you have any other plugins on the same track or on the return or master track that may cause a problem (like with them being in demo mode or something like that ?)
Everything is legit, the glitches start as soon as Diva start, you ca listen a short sample here --> https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/134 ... itches.m4a

I have never used Ableton, though in Cubase you can export audio in real time as opposed to doing it faster (2X or faster). I have avoided audio glitches by exporting in real time in the past (this did not involve Diva as far as I remember, though it might have).
You can hear my original music at this link: https://www.soundclick.com/artist/defau ... dID=224436

aaron aardvark wrote:I have never used Ableton, though in Cubase you can export audio in real time as opposed to doing it faster (2X or faster). I have avoided audio glitches by exporting in real time in the past (this did not involve Diva as far as I remember, though it might have).
I'll check tonight at home if it's possible on Ableton but knowing that it's impossible to listen to project without freezing the tracks (the DSP goes to 140%) wouldn't be even worse if I do real time?

aaron aardvark wrote:I have never used Ableton, though in Cubase you can export audio in real time as opposed to doing it faster (2X or faster). I have avoided audio glitches by exporting in real time in the past (this did not involve Diva as far as I remember, though it might have).
I was going to say the same thing. Some plugins, for whatever reason, don't manage well with non-real time rendering. I've had issues with Zynaptiq and GRM tools.

so weird..it is even getting the filter and delay fx over the glitch ...did you try to change the Buffer settings?

*never mind the skin. The settings are the same;
Buffer latency.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Oooh good spot I've never seen that setting before - Yeah that definitely seems a possibility !

Hi mcbpete,

I'd also like to take a look at that, would it be possible for you to send us the Ableton project to support[at]u-he.com, that would be fantastic :)

I would think the faster you export, the more CPU you are using. You are processing the data faster, so it takes more "computer power".
You can hear my original music at this link: https://www.soundclick.com/artist/defau ... dID=224436

oops, double post.

Return to “u-he”