Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Repro

Any official beta date release?

Cheers

Why dont you ask in one of the THREE other threads ??? :roll:

Not yet, no.
We'll be announcing it here and in a newsletter when the time comes.
Cheers
Rob
u-he | Support | FAQ | Patch Library

#rob wrote:Not yet, no.
We'll be announcing it here and in a newsletter when the time comes.
Thanks Rob. I'm excited to get this free update from Repro-1.

Nobody said it will be free. It will be affordable, though.

EvilDragon wrote:Nobody said it will be free. It will be affordable, though.
I think it will. Watch the interview with SonicState, He mention the average price for new buyer and said it's a free update for owner of Repro-1. Unless I didn't understand. I cannot confirm, I'm not at home. I'll check again tonight.

I saw that video, and here's to refresh your memory, he did not say free.

https://youtu.be/50QNZziKsYk?t=734

Urs said "all current owners will have a very very very happy upgrade, very sure to have a very pleasing offer". Offer means a price. Not free.

EvilDragon wrote:I saw that video, and here's to refresh your memory, he did not say free.

Urs said "all current owners will have a very very very happy upgrade, very sure to have a very pleasing offer". Offer means a price. Not free.
Thanks for the refresh ;) English is not my first language. I'll buy it anyway :wink:

Cheers

EvilDragon wrote:I saw that video, and here's to refresh your memory, he did not say free.

I can offer to you something for free, offer doesn't mean a price.

Anyway, I can't wait, whatever the upgrade price will be.

Yeah ED may have inside info, but certainly there is nothing that I have seen Urs say to eliminate it being free.

I think he isn't saying it is a free update for two possible reasons:
1) It gives him room to change his mind and charge a nominal update fee, although for a nominal fee the admin time to deal with upgrade license etc may not be worth it....maybe what will happen is your repro-1 license number will work with your repro-5 license as well, the repro bundle?
2) If it is announced as a free update and the retro bundle starts off at $129, people would buy now and not when it is announced, thus cutting into initial income surge from a new synth. Whereas a free update would be very very very good to his already existing repro customer base.

Pure speculation on my part of course :)

rsp
Last edited by zvenx on Sat Apr 29, 2017 3:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
sound sculptist

If you think about it it kind of has to be free (for Repro-1 owners). You cannot force people to pay for an upgrade. So uhe would have to prepare 2 products - one for the people who pay for the upgrade and one for the people who do not. But we know that it is not going to be 2 products, don't we. :wink: So.....hehe

On the positive side for uHe, maintaining 1 (bundled) product is actually less work than maintaining 2 seperate products, and Urs won't have to deal with sooky crybabies and argumentative types in the forums on this. Also giving it free creates a lot of goodwill towards uHe with Repro-1 owners and from people who just hear about it. It also makes people who wanted to buy perk up and pay attention for the next release. 8)

This is just my little thought bubble. Don't anybody quote me on this because if it is not free I will edit this post post facto and deny I ever wrote this sh*t hehehehehe.
:hyper: M O N O S Y N T H S F O R E V E R :hyper:

The other option is, we don't want people to prematurely buy Repro-1 when in fact they want Repro-5 - which they can't test yet.

One of the biggest problems in the past was people (impulse) buying stuff based on assumptions of future development. Then sometimes these developments go in different directions or turn out to be something they didn't expect.

After all, Repro-5 is a CPU hog. If people run Repro-1 just fine doesn't mean Repro-5 will. Repro-5 furthermore doesn't have JAWs, the arpeggiator and the sequencer. It has less control over how envelopes and glide are triggered.

In other words, people expecting Repro-5 to be a CPU friendly, polyphonic and supersaw enabled version of Repro-1 will be utterly disappointed. Hence whatever incentive we have for Repro-1 users won't be announced before Repro-5 can be evaluated.

8)

Urs stop talking down your new product! :D
:hyper: M O N O S Y N T H S F O R E V E R :hyper:

:oops:

Urs- why not do something similar to what you've done with Zebra and Zebralette and make Repro 1 and Repro 5 a combined package? They appear to look as if they are genetically related except that you would not be able to load patches from one to the other given their inherent differences. Or at least make that a possibility as a price structure, maybe combining them for a fair price, I am not saying a giveaway price as I'm sure the amount of work put into Repro 5 is pretty substantial and I've never been one to think anyone's labours should be discounted.

Return to “u-he”