Repro-5

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Repro

aaron aardvark wrote:Urs,
I'm just brainstorming here. Even though I've been using Repro-1 for several months, I haven't spent loads of time turning the HQ option on and off. I remember Diva has 3 or 4 levels of sound quality. Not sure how feasible that would be for Repro-5, and have it done by yesterday ;)
In 2011 it was certainly important to offer low quality modes. But transistor density has doubled more than twice since, and what was a new computer back then is considered the bottom end today. In relation, Repro today uses not much more CPU than what it was to run Diva in "fast" mode back then, or "great" with HD switched on. Also, we start with a MultiCore option for Repro-5 straight away, which, once it came to Diva made the low quality modes more or less surplus.

Therefore, like in Bazille, I think it isn't necessary to offer modes that I'd consider too much of a trade off. If anything, in future we might offer more extreme high quality modes for offline processing :clown:

Urs wrote:If anything, in future we might offer more extreme high quality modes for offline processing :clown:
Yes please!!!

David Else wrote:
Urs wrote:If anything, in future we might offer more extreme high quality modes for offline processing :clown:
Yes please!!!
:hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :tu:
Computer musician / Ableton Certified Trainer / Mastering engineer
.com
3OP

Yes, 256 X oversampling for everything, including reverb :D

That would be brilliant. I wish all developers would offer that option

Buy the plugin and get a free puter with it that can handle it.
(the price of the pligin would be somewhat ... higher)

Or have your machine checked before you buy and get either an "ok" or "sorry, but you are not qualified for this. Please don't mingle with the folks on the hill..."
Windows 7, Cubase 9.5 and some extra plug-ins | Takamine EN-10C and PRS Mira

It is surely a better way as the quality of the plugin would be more about how much time you are willing to wait bouncing rather than what hardware you have

Well, 256x is certainly a bit over the top. Envelopes wouldn't process anymore because the difference between two samples would be below floating point resolution.

As I said before, any higher sample rate has to be tested.

But is it a viable solution ? or is it just for the sake of "here's MORE"...
Professional technicians are assessed by the abilities they possess.
Amateur technicians are assessed by the tools they possess - and the amount of those tools, with an obvious preference to the latest hyped ones.
(Gabe Dumbbell)

Urs wrote:Well, 256x is certainly a bit over the top. Envelopes wouldn't process anymore because the difference between two samples would be below floating point resolution.

As I said before, any higher sample rate has to be tested.
There are a few tools which offers this but of course i don´t know if that is just marketing BS.
I also think it would be way over the top and for a complex synth it is another thing anyway. :D

Is jaws out of the equation for poly 5? from what i recall in the video you said you might think of way to put it in.

Thank you Urs for replying to my comment. My iMac is 8 years old and still works pretty well.
You can hear my original music at this link: https://www.soundclick.com/artist/defau ... dID=224436

David Else wrote:
Yes please!!!
+1

nrosko wrote:Is jaws out of the equation for poly 5? from what i recall in the video you said you might think of way to put it in.
It is out of equation. Distortion from Hive per voice instead.

EvilDragon wrote:
nrosko wrote:Is jaws out of the equation for poly 5? from what i recall in the video you said you might think of way to put it in.
It is out of equation. Distortion from Hive per voice instead.
Is this confirmed that the per voice distortion is going to remain? I hope so, I'm really looking forward to this.

Return to “u-he”