Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Repro

TSynth wrote:
as for reputation... we done worse... not proud of it, but shit happens
This is what you say to your customers?

You just found yourself some well funded competition. I highly suggest reading basic business books.

This is all just GUI design and DSP. Bitch work and creative thinking to optimize algorithms. It's not terribly hard. And it's nothing hard to invest capital into putting together a team of passionate people more than willing to do the work. The marketing and customer service, especially in this market, is almost zero compared to most ventures.

This is no joke. And I hope you say something smart-ass like to this post so you can reference it in the future.

Within 5 years your business will fold, aside from your "loyal" customer base. Which in this space, when something better sounding and more optimized comes out... everyone will jump ship regardless of what will be said in response to this.

You have been very foolish towards your customers. There is no excuse for saying what you said, even if you provide great products.

Only a fool or complete groupie would accept an answer along the lines of "Check this out! But wait years, because then the quality will be awesome! And CPU's will get faster. And basically f**k you if you don't like it!"

There is some truth in that but your attitude towards people that feed you and your employees is insane.

Another example in response to someone Hyped about "Zebra 3", only because you set yourself up to hear such things by immaturely suggesting a product will come out that is nowhere near finished. The only reason you did so, was damage control of revenue because sales of Z2 plummeted.

Yeah, I'm sorry, but life is a bitch.
:clap:

ROFL... a new member, who knows it better, because we are all going to buy from him and his newly created LLC, where even a lawyer is part of, just started pissing around on a company that I think IS very popular JUST BECAUSE THEY ARE TRANSPARENT AND HONEST. On top they release top notch software, as a side dish :D

I wish most other companies would manage their communications like U-he. And for your sake, you better cut a big piece of U-he's cake and learn from them, instead of "knowing" it better.

Your post reminds me of some classic industry management classes, where they still teach rules from the 50s. Like "Always lie to the customer, never tell them the truth, and if a shit storm is coming, just barricade yourself and stop all communication, at all costs!" :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Image stardustmedia - high end analog music services - murat

TSynth wrote:Man, this was my greatest attempt thus far at trying to get Urs to release a product sooner.

First, months ago. I decided I would sign up as "TSynth", posting as Thomas Newmann, the composer of Skyfall. I did this, because I was so jealous that the Germans were being partial to Hans Zimmer. I figured, with my mighty intellect, that because Urs is German, that he is giving goods under the table and early stuff to Hans Zimmer, so he can make these whack soundtracks to whack films. Because he is German as well. Not because they are Germans really, but because they both SPEAK German. You see I speak over 18 languages, and I know how annoying it can be to have to speak more than one, especially whaen it's not your native tongue. I have keen insight into such things, that I believe most of your don't. Too smart, I know.

SO

I said I was Thomas Newmann, and wrote a post, that was about a page long, explaining why ZEBRA 3 can NOT have wood panels (IDK it sounded like a good reason at the time). I thought I would get called a rich asshole, you know... "You compose crap for a living and I sit here with amazing synthezisers, making way better music than you, and YOUR music is what gets played in James Bond?" Oh yeah, I was expecting that. And I got a little bit of that while posing as Thomas Newmann. I figured that if I was HANS it wouldn't happen, and I still to this day think I am right. That guy... :x

MUCH TO MY SURPRISE Urs actually mentioned the wood panels, in a Superbooth video about the new Zebra 2 update. And when he went out of his way to mention the wood panels... The TROLL inside me was very gratified. I needed more. Or....

IT... needed more.

So I made a plan. During that same superbooth, I saw REPRO 5, and needed to have it. I decided I would put pressure on him posing as another businessman, that would put him out of business if he didn't release it. But I had no ammo to go off of. Yet one night, while playing around with some others synths (not U-He ones, because I was upset about the wait for REPRO 5), I was browsing through the forum and saw him say LIFE IS A BITCH to some jerk customer expecting more than he deserved. I knew then I had my ammo. But I needed more. I waited... what felt like years... for another piece of ammo to use against this synthesis "genius". When I heard him basically say whatever about his reputation, I knew I could possibly get a bigger response than "Hey you fools, we need wood panels and I'm saying it nicely."

Now, I read some stupid marketing book and thought it was trash, but maybe learned enough to be even slightly convincing. And I figured coming across direct, and cold, would definitely make a bunchy of long haired synthesis freaks that stand up to "THE MAN" pissed off, and that maybe this could SOMEHOW make REPRO 5 come out sooner, due to all the drama. About 2 hours ago I deployed my plan.

Yet now.. I feel that things have gone too far.

I think the troll, took it's toll.

But it doesn't matter.

RELEASE REPRO 5 NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Name begins with T. Hot-headed, lengthy, personal, spiteful post. Claims to be working on plugins. Explains/apologizes for tantrum later.
Looking at his first posts here, he unleashed his temper before in the same way.
From an account that was created hours/days after ObsoleteAcc99 posted his last post.

Hm. I may be wrong, and I don't mean to point the finger in the direction of innocent people. But for me as a "newb but long-time lurker", all that's missing from this pattern is the "Every time I launch [insert name of random host], I get wet." signature.

A forum admin, which I assume Urs is, could check this guy's IP address for origin.
I'm putting a tenner on Melbourne. ;)
Confucamus.

david.beholder wrote:^ Idiot.

Rockatansky wrote:Name begins with T. Hot-headed, lengthy, personal, spiteful post. Claims to be working on plugins. Explains/apologizes for tantrum later.
Looking at his first posts here, he unleashed his temper before in the same way.
From an account that was created hours/days after ObsoleteAcc99 posted his last post.

Hm. I may be wrong, and I don't mean to point the finger in the direction of innocent people. But for me as a "newb but long-time lurker", all that's missing from this pattern is the "Every time I launch [insert name of random host], I get wet." signature.

A forum admin, which I assume Urs is, could check this guy's IP address for origin.
Proxy, my friend.

Anyways, don't take it too seriously. Yes this is ObsoleteAcc99, who cares? Let's get on with talking about REPRO.

* Please report TSynth to mods (there are board mods in power too).
* Please DON'T TALK TO TROLL.

Thanks
Murderous duck!

david.beholder wrote:* Please report TSynth to mods (there are board mods in power too).
* Please DON'T TALK TO TROLL.

Thanks
Here, I'll delete my account for you, or at least not login again, and sign up under a different one, new IP and the works... Bring the peace back to you all. Why waste your time getting heated about someone messing with you when you have no ability at all of pin-pointing who he is? I'm only screwing with you because you make it so easy to.

Be sure to alert the mods to new accounts made within the next few minutes...days...months.... years, even!?

Rockatansky wrote:Name begins with T. Hot-headed, lengthy, personal, spiteful post. Claims to be working on plugins. Explains/apologizes for tantrum later.

No, no resemblance to Theo at all. Much more like Blue-Eyed Blonde Ape, actually.

Interesting that you'd be trying to blame Theo, who's been gone way longer than you've had your account, though. Who were you before you were last banned?
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

You don't need a lawyer, you need therapy. Even better, have evolution take care of you before you procreate, lest another jackass movie is made.

edit: geez you guys post fast - to whom this is a reply you should get from context, gents.

Augren wrote:You don't need a lawyer, you need therapy. Even better, have evolution take care of you before you procreate, lest another jackass movie is made.
Please don't feed troll. Just don't and that's it.
Murderous duck!

My bad. Had to vent. Since I couldn't apply physical force.

Last edited by jbraner on Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
John Braner
http://johnbraner.bandcamp.com
http://www.soundclick.com/johnbraner
and all the major streaming/download sites.

Wow! Another case of a crude and absolutely despicable person shooting his mouth off while hiding behind the anonymity of the Internet. :roll:

Urs- take as long as you need to for Repro-5. Your wonderful products have brought a lot of joy and creativity to myself and many thousands of others. Keep up the fantastic work! :tu:
Last edited by quantum7 on Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mholloway wrote:
there's no WTF big enough.
:D
Internet losers. God love 'em.

Return to “u-he”