Repro-5

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Repro

spunkmuffin wrote:
Urs wrote:We do however have a very fast interface for tagging. You can have it open all the time, browse your presets and save them tagged.
Cool. So in the new browser with a preset open if we for example click the 'Aggressive' and 'Phat' tags so they are 'active' will they be auto-saved for that patch? Or do we have to save the patch after we have 'activated' a tag selection? Hehe I guess we will find out pretty soon. 8)
AFAIK you'll have to save. That's how it is in Diva and Repro-1 right now. But that doesn't mean a thing, I could be mistaken, the implementation might have changed.

Re the new browser, can one still browse presets using the cursor keys, as it is at the moment? Thx.

Aspects of Tone wrote:Re the new browser, can one still browse presets using the cursor keys, as it is at the moment? Thx.
Yes of course! IIRC one of the remaining problems is that some hosts swallow the cursor keys though.

Looking good 8)

In addition to the comfy tag interface, tags can be added & removed right in the preset description.

As you can see, there's a search history. Preset designers are searched with @, tags with #, while everything else searches in preset names and description.

Favourites come in 8 colours, each colour has its own folder (this concept basically replaces user defined tags, which we don't do because of the vast culture of preset exchange and 3rd party banks)

Each tag and author has their own folder within the directory browser. There's even a chance for a "untagged" folder, which we might add, if people find it useful.

When saving, presets can automatically go in the user folder, and automatically be saved incrementally (adding enumeration to the name). These are options in the preferences panel, otherwise it stays as is.

There are however a lot of possible hiccups and chances for logical fails (tagging and saving a Favourited preset over from within the Favourites folder ends up as copy in User folder and I go "uhm, it didn't take my tags", because I didn't see it). There'll be a very intense testing phase, even though we anticipated expected behaviour as much as we possibly could. There will be a learning phase for our users, but the days of "hmmm, can't remember where this preset was..." are going to be over, most definitely.

Urs wrote: the days of "hmmm, can't remember where this preset was..." .
Story of my life

Thanks.....really really looking forward to this.
rsp
Urs wrote:Image
In addition to the comfy tag interface, tags can be added & removed right in the preset description.

As you can see, there's a search history. Preset designers are searched with @, tags with #, while everything else searches in preset names and description.

Favourites come in 8 colours, each colour has its own folder (this concept basically replaces user defined tags, which we don't do because of the vast culture of preset exchange and 3rd party banks)

Each tag and author has their own folder within the directory browser. There's even a chance for a "untagged" folder, which we might add, if people find it useful.

When saving, presets can automatically go in the user folder, and automatically be saved incrementally (adding enumeration to the name). These are options in the preferences panel, otherwise it stays as is.

There are however a lot of possible hiccups and chances for logical fails (tagging and saving a Favourited preset over from within the Favourites folder ends up as copy in User folder and I go "uhm, it didn't take my tags", because I didn't see it). There'll be a very intense testing phase, even though we anticipated expected behaviour as much as we possibly could. There will be a learning phase for our users, but the days of "hmmm, can't remember where this preset was..." are going to be over, most definitely.
sound sculptist

WOW :love: That is the most hard-core heavy-duty browser in the whole synth world. :o :D

Thank you for making the coloured favourites dots/spots and not stars. :hail: :hail: :hail:

97+ presets by Howie! :hyper:

Went from Rev.6401 to Rev.6411 in a day :hihi: 8)

That screenshot clearly came from Howard....notice he keeps Output at 200! So so Emo :lol: :clap:
:hyper: M O N O S Y N T H S F O R E V E R :hyper:

Urs wrote:
Aspects of Tone wrote:Re the new browser, can one still browse presets using the cursor keys, as it is at the moment? Thx.
Yes of course! IIRC one of the remaining problems is that some hosts swallow the cursor keys though.
Great! thx Urs.

Wow had no idea...fantastic stuff here! This really is an enthusiast's browser. Our toolkit is now larger! This feels like it opens things up because now the browser can enhance and be part of my workflow. Psyched!

I can see how a lot of design decisions have gone into this. You have made it powerful but not bloated. A [surprisingly] rare achievement in software land.
It's one thing to make software with lots of functionality, but it is quite another to make it usable and elegant. It looks like you have done both.
I really appreciate the effort that has gone into this. Really worth it.
Thanks u-he.
Still, maybe I speak too soon. The proof of the pudding is in the eating and we havn't tasted it yet. Heheheh nomnomnom...
:hyper: M O N O S Y N T H S F O R E V E R :hyper:

Sorry if this has already been mentioned in one of the 50 pgs but how does the cpu hit look on this synth compared to Diva, Repro, etc?

seamoss wrote:Sorry if this has already been mentioned in one of the 50 pgs but how does the cpu hit look on this synth compared to Diva, Repro, etc?
Similar, if not a bit easier on CPU than Diva. Still, HQ should be avoided when possible, modern 4+ core CPUs benefit vastly from MultiCore support.

Leaving JAWS away and doing a more generic per-voice distortion was a CPU decision.

Can I just buy this already? :D

quantum7 wrote:Can I just buy this already? :D
You can. Just buy Repro-1 and we'll upgrade you when it's out :clown:

Return to “u-he”