Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 New#KVRDeals

Repro-5

User avatar
Urs
u-he
 
21580 posts since 7 Aug, 2002, from Berlin

Postby Urs; Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:57 am Re: Repro-5

ulph wrote:Stay safe on your sonic safari urs! seems move theaters is rather wild down in germany!

Hehehe, I guess my humour doesn't always translate well online :oops:
spunkmuffin
KVRian
 
507 posts since 5 Sep, 2014

Postby spunkmuffin; Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:52 am Re: Repro-5

If you are German and traveling west never say the word 'funny' because people will think you are calling them a fanny or wanting some and things will go downhill from there.
:hyper: M O N O S Y N T H S F O R E V E R :hyper:
VitaminD
Pick Me Pick me!
 
8590 posts since 11 Mar, 2002, from a state of confusion

Postby VitaminD; Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:08 am Re: Repro-5

spunkmuffin wrote:If you are German and traveling west never say the word 'funny' because people will think you are calling them a fanny or wanting some and things will go downhill from there.


I was once talking with a Swede who was making a joke and I called him silly.. he got very angry with me and became rather hostile. I later realized he thought I was telling him that I found him foolish or stupid... which I was not... but he would not be consoled. Language translation can be very harrowing.. :o
"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except the best." - Henry Van Dyke
spunkmuffin
KVRian
 
507 posts since 5 Sep, 2014

Postby spunkmuffin; Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:22 am Re: Repro-5

Yeah you always gotta watch those Swedes, they're trouble. Grumpy...morose...they need sun. And they can't tell a joke, luckily they don't often try.
:hyper: M O N O S Y N T H S F O R E V E R :hyper:
AnX
KVRAF
 
2155 posts since 17 Nov, 2015

Postby AnX; Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:14 am Re: Repro-5

VitaminD wrote:
spunkmuffin wrote:If you are German and traveling west never say the word 'funny' because people will think you are calling them a fanny or wanting some and things will go downhill from there.


I was once talking with a Swede who was making a joke and I called him silly.. he got very angry with me and became rather hostile. I later realized he thought I was telling him that I found him foolish or stupid... which I was not... but he would not be consoled. Language translation can be very harrowing.. :o


What did you mean then?
ulph
KVRist
 
89 posts since 7 Jan, 2011, from stockholm, sweden

Postby ulph; Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:22 am Re: Repro-5

not sure, but i suppose its about how you say it, as we use similar ambigous terms to acknowledge jokes

/ a swede having been called silly nunerous times
PhasePhckr (modular MPE VSTi) G+
Fatar88Lux (dyi MIDI brain) bitbucket
Assault Opera - sound cloud | spotify
AnX
KVRAF
 
2155 posts since 17 Nov, 2015

Postby AnX; Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:46 am Re: Repro-5

Well, i would call someone a 'silly bugger' or something similar. It means they are a fool/foolish...but in a 'nice' way... as opposed to calling them a 'f**king twat' :hihi:
chk071
KVRAF
 
13796 posts since 10 Apr, 2010, from Germany

Postby chk071; Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:54 am Re: Repro-5

spunkmuffin wrote:If you are German and traveling west never say the word 'funny' because people will think you are calling them a fanny or wanting some and things will go downhill from there.

What makes you believe that?
Good synths don't have a sweet spot. They ARE the sweet spot.
User avatar
zerocrossing
KVRAF
 
9071 posts since 26 Jun, 2006, from San Francisco Bay Area

Postby zerocrossing; Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:20 pm Re: Repro-5

Urs wrote:Update on prospect of internal beta: The meeting on Tuesday went fine, but there were still two or three things to be looked into. Then, yesterday, out of the sudden came two crash bugs (instant show stoppers), of which the logs say they're fixed now and just need review. We'll think about its ripeness again today, but tonight we're booked into the last row in our theatre of choice for a Zebra spotting session aka Blade Runner 2049.

Also, today I'm getting three new Eurorack modules and my wife's assistant is on vacation. She usually does the conversion from Modulargrid to hardware - which puts me into the comfortable position that I can swap hardware modules by mouse click, with just a few hours of latency. But today I'll have to fix the rack myself and I won't be able to resist the temptation of a good play. Very excited!

Zebra did indeed sound sweet in 2049. The whole soundtrack sounded great to me. Significantly better than the original, which always sounded way to overly sentimental and grandiose to me.

But more importantly... wouldn't it be your wife's job to set up the modular when her assistant's on vacation? :hihi:
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~
User avatar
david.beholder
KVRian
 
1352 posts since 12 Sep, 2007

Postby david.beholder; Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:24 pm Re: Repro-5

zerocrossing wrote:Zebra did indeed sound sweet in 2049. The whole soundtrack sounded great to me. Significantly better than the original, which always sounded way to overly sentimental and grandiose to me.

Deaf person itt
Image Murderous duck!
User avatar
Urs
u-he
 
21580 posts since 7 Aug, 2002, from Berlin

Postby Urs; Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:14 pm Re: Repro-5

zerocrossing wrote:wouldn't it be your wife's job to set up the modular when her assistant's on vacation? :hihi:

"Honey, look, I put this module here and that module there, it just felt better this way!"

(anyhow, I just did a quick test, Argos Bleak is amazing, but I still need a second quantizer next to it... or maybe I have to put more patience into setting up sequences... and while I find Data ugly as hell, it's display is absolutely beautiful)
User avatar
clangorous
KVRist
 
193 posts since 12 Nov, 2013, from Charlotte, North Carolina

Postby clangorous; Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:20 pm Re: Repro-5

Although I have no modular hardware (one day...), I totally get it Urs. Have fun!

Love this thread
User avatar
SJ_Digriz
KVRAF
 
5120 posts since 4 Jul, 2001, from either Northern Idaho or Southern Canada, still trying to figure out which

Postby SJ_Digriz; Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:32 pm Re: Repro-5

Urs wrote:
zerocrossing wrote:wouldn't it be your wife's job to set up the modular when her assistant's on vacation? :hihi:

"Honey, look, I put this module here and that module there, it just felt better this way!"

(anyhow, I just did a quick test, Argos Bleak is amazing, but I still need a second quantizer next to it... or maybe I have to put more patience into setting up sequences... and while I find Data ugly as hell, it's display is absolutely beautiful)

Urs has caught the modular bug bad... there is no help for him now. I'm more into 5u hell, but it is hell none the less.
The trick is to realize there is no spoon. That's when you'll know you have been truly swindled.
VitaminD
Pick Me Pick me!
 
8590 posts since 11 Mar, 2002, from a state of confusion

Postby VitaminD; Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:33 pm Re: Repro-5

AnX wrote:
VitaminD wrote:
spunkmuffin wrote:If you are German and traveling west never say the word 'funny' because people will think you are calling them a fanny or wanting some and things will go downhill from there.


I was once talking with a Swede who was making a joke and I called him silly.. he got very angry with me and became rather hostile. I later realized he thought I was telling him that I found him foolish or stupid... which I was not... but he would not be consoled. Language translation can be very harrowing.. :o


What did you mean then?


I found him acting humorous and jokey.. funny.. pleasant.

It is one of those cases where the pure definition is largely not used in place of another, undefined one (at least as far as the dictionary goes). As a result, It caught me off guard because I've never heard or used the term 'silly' as 'foolish' or 'stupid' before.. despite it being the proper dictionary definition.
"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except the best." - Henry Van Dyke
spunkmuffin
KVRian
 
507 posts since 5 Sep, 2014

Postby spunkmuffin; Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:49 pm Re: Repro-5

chk071 wrote:
spunkmuffin wrote:If you are German and traveling west never say the word 'funny' because people will think you are calling them a fanny or wanting some and things will go downhill from there.

What makes you believe that?

Sorry my assistant wrote that while I was AFK but she is Swedish and likes silly jokes. What can you do? :oops:
:hyper: M O N O S Y N T H S F O R E V E R :hyper:
PreviousNext

Moderator: u-he Mods

Return to u-he