Repro-5

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Repro

ulph wrote:Stay safe on your sonic safari urs! seems move theaters is rather wild down in germany!
Hehehe, I guess my humour doesn't always translate well online :oops:

If you are German and traveling west never say the word 'funny' because people will think you are calling them a fanny or wanting some and things will go downhill from there.
:hyper: M O N O S Y N T H S F O R E V E R :hyper:

spunkmuffin wrote:If you are German and traveling west never say the word 'funny' because people will think you are calling them a fanny or wanting some and things will go downhill from there.
I was once talking with a Swede who was making a joke and I called him silly.. he got very angry with me and became rather hostile. I later realized he thought I was telling him that I found him foolish or stupid... which I was not... but he would not be consoled. Language translation can be very harrowing.. :o

Yeah you always gotta watch those Swedes, they're trouble. Grumpy...morose...they need sun. And they can't tell a joke, luckily they don't often try.

VitaminD wrote:
spunkmuffin wrote:If you are German and traveling west never say the word 'funny' because people will think you are calling them a fanny or wanting some and things will go downhill from there.
I was once talking with a Swede who was making a joke and I called him silly.. he got very angry with me and became rather hostile. I later realized he thought I was telling him that I found him foolish or stupid... which I was not... but he would not be consoled. Language translation can be very harrowing.. :o
What did you mean then?

not sure, but i suppose its about how you say it, as we use similar ambigous terms to acknowledge jokes

/ a swede having been called silly nunerous times
PhasePhckr (modular MPE VSTi) G+
Fatar88Lux (dyi MIDI brain) bitbucket
Assault Opera - sound cloud | spotify

Well, i would call someone a 'silly bugger' or something similar. It means they are a fool/foolish...but in a 'nice' way... as opposed to calling them a 'f**king twat' :hihi:

What makes you believe that?

Urs wrote:Update on prospect of internal beta: The meeting on Tuesday went fine, but there were still two or three things to be looked into. Then, yesterday, out of the sudden came two crash bugs (instant show stoppers), of which the logs say they're fixed now and just need review. We'll think about its ripeness again today, but tonight we're booked into the last row in our theatre of choice for a Zebra spotting session aka Blade Runner 2049.

Also, today I'm getting three new Eurorack modules and my wife's assistant is on vacation. She usually does the conversion from Modulargrid to hardware - which puts me into the comfortable position that I can swap hardware modules by mouse click, with just a few hours of latency. But today I'll have to fix the rack myself and I won't be able to resist the temptation of a good play. Very excited!
Zebra did indeed sound sweet in 2049. The whole soundtrack sounded great to me. Significantly better than the original, which always sounded way to overly sentimental and grandiose to me.

But more importantly... wouldn't it be your wife's job to set up the modular when her assistant's on vacation? :hihi:
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

zerocrossing wrote: Zebra did indeed sound sweet in 2049. The whole soundtrack sounded great to me. Significantly better than the original, which always sounded way to overly sentimental and grandiose to me.
Deaf person itt
Murderous duck!

zerocrossing wrote:wouldn't it be your wife's job to set up the modular when her assistant's on vacation? :hihi:
"Honey, look, I put this module here and that module there, it just felt better this way!"

(anyhow, I just did a quick test, Argos Bleak is amazing, but I still need a second quantizer next to it... or maybe I have to put more patience into setting up sequences... and while I find Data ugly as hell, it's display is absolutely beautiful)

Although I have no modular hardware (one day...), I totally get it Urs. Have fun!

Love this thread

Urs wrote:
zerocrossing wrote:wouldn't it be your wife's job to set up the modular when her assistant's on vacation? :hihi:
"Honey, look, I put this module here and that module there, it just felt better this way!"

(anyhow, I just did a quick test, Argos Bleak is amazing, but I still need a second quantizer next to it... or maybe I have to put more patience into setting up sequences... and while I find Data ugly as hell, it's display is absolutely beautiful)
Urs has caught the modular bug bad... there is no help for him now. I'm more into 5u hell, but it is hell none the less.
If you have to ask, you can't afford the answer

AnX wrote:
VitaminD wrote:
What did you mean then?
I found him acting humorous and jokey.. funny.. pleasant.

It is one of those cases where the pure definition is largely not used in place of another, undefined one (at least as far as the dictionary goes). As a result, It caught me off guard because I've never heard or used the term 'silly' as 'foolish' or 'stupid' before.. despite it being the proper dictionary definition.

chk071 wrote:
What makes you believe that?
Sorry my assistant wrote that while I was AFK but she is Swedish and likes silly jokes. What can you do? :oops:

Return to “u-he”