Skins and presets sales without license ?

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi all,

I recently sold as much music/audio related software and hardware as I could as I need to invest in video hardware stuff (my real job) and has less and less time for music.

That includes all my U-he licenses.

Like many independants, money comes and goes. I'll buy them again later, when tides are turning again.

In the recent years, I've crafted a lot of patches, all free, and was getting more and more experienced each time.

I believe my latest patches for Diva to be of Professional level : expressive, innovative enough, playable, with useful modulation options and level matched.

Also I've started a complete skin 6 months ago and I still intend to deliver it when it's done.

So I guess my question would be (I also guess It's been asked before and I'm sorry for not having found the answer) :
Is it possible to sell Skins and patches libraries while not having a single U-he license anymore ?

Thanx in advance.

Your question is like "can I write tracks with no license by u-he?". Why not?
Before I got my Zebra2 license I've wrote couple tracks with its demo version. Yeah, I've reload project every (I believe) 10 or 12 minutes, or freeze some finished individual tracks, but I've done it.
If it's not forbidden, it's allowed (I believe) :)
๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ฆ

I would be more concerned as to how much troubleshooting you can provide with Demo versions of the plugins.
Meaning, what if you made your presets in a specific Mac AU Version and someone using it in a PC VST format tells you that there is something wrong with the preset.
Same goes for the skin.

But hey, if the presets and the skin are THAT good, then yeah, people may take the chance!
But then a strange fear gripped me
and I just couldn't ask....

Return to โ€œu-heโ€