Look What You Made Me Do - I changed DAW

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Thanks to a great cross company discount, I changed from Ableton to Bitwig.

Cheers U-He! :clown:

It is a great deal...eapecially since I don't yet have Bazille. I'm very tempted. Reading up on Bitwig now.

haha just had the same idea.

so i do it here.

thx to gabe heckmann for making me plundering my bank account like in a true gabe newell steam summersale reincarnation hahaha. half a year earlier than planned, but the offering was too good to neglect. i was lucky enough to have an 8track license, and now i will get bitwig 2 AND,finally, u-he presswerk.
would have preferred hive, cos ia already own bazille, but anyway...a simple nobrainer

thx urs and team

I use Bitwig for creation. On Linux, there's not much choice. For what I do it's great. It could, and will, have other features that people are asking for, especially those used to other DAWs although for me, who has not worked with any equivalent, it's great. When done creating in Bitwig I export the tracks and do proper mixing using Harrison's Mixbus32C.

Bitwig is a GREAT daw! You won't be disappointed!

Love Bitwig & love u-he (just own Bazille now, but will definitely buy more).

It would be awesome if down the line we could some deeper collaboration between the two companies, e.g. with u-he coding some native instruments or effects for Bitwig, the way AAS or Cytomic did with Ableton's Live. Fingers crossed :)
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

Bitwig will be my ideal DAW when they they add signature changes, and make the tempo map easier to edit. The last is minor, and the former only matters when you need it, but when you need it, you really need it.

I still prefer Bitwig to Ableton for most things.

It was a pretty great deal. I bought Repro-1 to get the coupon to upgrade Bitwig 8-track, then upgraded that to get Presswerk. I wasn’t planning on upgrading any time soon, but that was a deal since I wanted both Repro-1 and Presswerk anyway.

teilo wrote:Bitwig will be my ideal DAW when they they add signature changes, and make the tempo map easier to edit. The last is minor, and the former only matters when you need it, but when you need it, you really need it.

I still prefer Bitwig to Ableton for most things.
Since buying the Linnstrument, I've stopped using Bitwig cause the u-he synths do not fully work with MPE mode in Bitwig. Logic does so I'm using that. I'm sure that will eventually get sorted out for Bitwig (along with signature changes). I quite like Bitwig so look forward to that day...

Bitwig is a fantastic DAW, in my opinion. One thing is the features in itself, who cover all the ground I need covered, but its that abstract feel when using it, all the little nifty details and coherent interface that makes me love it.

Return to “u-he”