Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 New#KVRDeals

Look What You Made Me Do - I changed DAW

joris.roling
KVRer

11 posts since 2 Apr, 2017

Postby joris.roling; Fri Sep 01, 2017 5:44 am Look What You Made Me Do - I changed DAW

Thanks to a great cross company discount, I changed from Ableton to Bitwig.

Cheers U-He! :clown:
clangorous
KVRist

193 posts since 12 Nov, 2013, from Charlotte, North Carolina

Postby clangorous; Fri Sep 01, 2017 3:10 pm Re: Look What You Made Me Do - I changed DAW

It is a great deal...eapecially since I don't yet have Bazille. I'm very tempted. Reading up on Bitwig now.
anttimaatteri
KVRist

171 posts since 17 Nov, 2015

Postby anttimaatteri; Sat Sep 02, 2017 8:22 am Re: Look What You Made Me Do - I changed DAW

haha just had the same idea.

so i do it here.

thx to gabe heckmann for making me plundering my bank account like in a true gabe newell steam summersale reincarnation hahaha. half a year earlier than planned, but the offering was too good to neglect. i was lucky enough to have an 8track license, and now i will get bitwig 2 AND,finally, u-he presswerk.
would have preferred hive, cos ia already own bazille, but anyway...a simple nobrainer

thx urs and team
mevla
KVRian

643 posts since 3 Nov, 2015

Postby mevla; Sat Sep 02, 2017 12:36 pm Re: Look What You Made Me Do - I changed DAW

I use Bitwig for creation. On Linux, there's not much choice. For what I do it's great. It could, and will, have other features that people are asking for, especially those used to other DAWs although for me, who has not worked with any equivalent, it's great. When done creating in Bitwig I export the tracks and do proper mixing using Harrison's Mixbus32C.
xx JPRacer xx
KVRAF

1886 posts since 25 Jun, 2008, from Montreal, Canada

Postby xx JPRacer xx; Sat Sep 02, 2017 8:36 pm Re: Look What You Made Me Do - I changed DAW

Bitwig is a GREAT daw! You won't be disappointed!
antic604
KVRian

519 posts since 4 Jan, 2017, from Warsaw, Poland

Postby antic604; Thu Sep 28, 2017 4:18 am Re: Look What You Made Me Do - I changed DAW

Love Bitwig & love u-he (just own Bazille now, but will definitely buy more).

It would be awesome if down the line we could some deeper collaboration between the two companies, e.g. with u-he coding some native instruments or effects for Bitwig, the way AAS or Cytomic did with Ableton's Live. Fingers crossed :)
teilo
KVRist

36 posts since 29 Mar, 2008

Postby teilo; Thu Sep 28, 2017 6:26 pm Re: Look What You Made Me Do - I changed DAW

Bitwig will be my ideal DAW when they they add signature changes, and make the tempo map easier to edit. The last is minor, and the former only matters when you need it, but when you need it, you really need it.

I still prefer Bitwig to Ableton for most things.
dangayle
KVRist

414 posts since 29 Mar, 2014

Postby dangayle; Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:36 am Re: Look What You Made Me Do - I changed DAW

It was a pretty great deal. I bought Repro-1 to get the coupon to upgrade Bitwig 8-track, then upgraded that to get Presswerk. I wasn’t planning on upgrading any time soon, but that was a deal since I wanted both Repro-1 and Presswerk anyway.
pdxindy
KVRAF

12560 posts since 2 Feb, 2005, from in the wilds

Postby pdxindy; Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:04 pm Re: Look What You Made Me Do - I changed DAW

teilo wrote:Bitwig will be my ideal DAW when they they add signature changes, and make the tempo map easier to edit. The last is minor, and the former only matters when you need it, but when you need it, you really need it.

I still prefer Bitwig to Ableton for most things.

Since buying the Linnstrument, I've stopped using Bitwig cause the u-he synths do not fully work with MPE mode in Bitwig. Logic does so I'm using that. I'm sure that will eventually get sorted out for Bitwig (along with signature changes). I quite like Bitwig so look forward to that day...
Beamboom
KVRist

151 posts since 2 Apr, 2014

Postby Beamboom; Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:42 am Re: Look What You Made Me Do - I changed DAW

Bitwig is a fantastic DAW, in my opinion. One thing is the features in itself, who cover all the ground I need covered, but its that abstract feel when using it, all the little nifty details and coherent interface that makes me love it.

Moderator: u-he Mods

Return to u-he