Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 NewWhat is KVR? Submit News Advertise

Rent-to-own?

.maki
KVRAF

4274 posts since 21 Jan, 2008, from oO

Postby .maki; Sat Sep 30, 2017 10:00 am Re: Rent-to-own?

I once paid Krishna by Devine Machines on installments..after last one they disappeared probably due to bankruptcy. I wouldn't want that to happen to u-he, so i'd vote no to such experiments.
spunkmuffin
KVRist

406 posts since 5 Sep, 2014

Postby spunkmuffin; Sat Sep 30, 2017 10:15 am Re: Rent-to-own?

Hmm yeah if I wanted to see u-he go extinct, one way would be to try to encourage Urs to embrace some new financial experiment. Then sit back and watch as it doesn't go exactly to plan. Hehehe.
:hyper: M O N O S Y N T H S F O R E V E R :hyper:
antic604
KVRist

328 posts since 4 Jan, 2017, from Warsaw, Poland

Postby antic604; Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:25 pm Re: Rent-to-own?

I just noticed iZotope offers Neutron 2 and Ozone 8 as rent-to-own via Splice.com, so maybe it's not as difficult as it seems and they offer a platform to do it in a streamlined way?

https://splice.com/plugins
Music: https://soundcloud.com/antic604
Hardware: Surface Pro 4 i7 8/256GB, Arturia Minilab, Bayerdynamic DT990 Pro
DAWs: Bitwig 2, Live 9 Suite, Studio One 3 Pro
Plugins: Bazille, Reaktor 6, Codex, Element 2.0, Phoscyon, Neutron 2, H-Series Bundle
el-bo (formerly ebow)
KVRAF

8675 posts since 24 May, 2009, from A galaxy, far far away

Postby el-bo (formerly ebow); Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:48 pm Re: Rent-to-own?

From personal experience, I have been so tempted to buy software via RtO that I would not have considered buying outright :shrug: I've not bitten the bullet, but clearly a lot of people have.

Were I to own a company with an extensive catalogue of software, I'd definitely give it a trial run with a title that perhaps was not shifting so many copies as it once did, or one that was cheap enough (in total) to make it a no-brainer :tu:
Previous

Moderator: u-he Mods

Return to u-he