Survey comment

Official support for: u-he.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Urs wrote:
Benutzername wrote:I don't think that any of the other 85% will have a problem with an optional subscription model from u-he. Communication is the key here.
Thing is... I'm not sure if - for us - it's an either-or. Or, at least a third kind of option. Serial numbers and subscription don't pair well. We would have to go internet activation and all that shit. Them Horrors.
We use license files with termination dates built into them for subscriptions or rentals, so no internet activation. But we have a dedicated person who produces the licenses - which may be a problem for you given the size of the company. Lot of overhead for not much value potentially.

Urs wrote:FYI after almost 2000 surveys, 11% are in favour of subscriptions today, 15% in future.

Of course, this is our actual user base. It may not be represenative for our potential user base.

We'll cross reference this with, say, people who don't have any of our products in a month or so.
Dont forget there is also a possibility that some of those people who dont speak english might think Subscribtion mean paying out by credit like Serum/Sylenth1 a.k.a. pay to rent and eventualy pay out. You never know how nonsense some of english translations of certain words are in some languages :D

#rob wrote:
Lastly - I noticed that some of you (7 people in total) seem to have submitted the survey several times over, probably hoping to get multiple codes. This behaviour doesn't upset or annoy us, but it would somewhat falsify the outcome of the survey, so we'd like to discourage it.

We made our system smart enough to tell when someone already received a coupon (also when we send out the next batch/es), so you won't be getting two coupon codes. Individual coupon codes can't be combined with other coupons or discounts anyway.

:)
Should just give them the extra coupons but make each one subsequent to the first multiplicative - ie. 15% of 15% of 15% etc :) That will stop people re-submitting.
Last edited by bcm70 on Thu Nov 09, 2017 5:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Double post

Elektronisch wrote:
Dont forget there is also a possibility that some of those people who dont speak english might think Subscribtion mean paying out by credit like Serum/Sylenth1 a.k.a. pay to rent and eventualy pay out. You never know how nonsense some of english translations of certain words are in some languages :D

they asked both. "subscription" and "rent to own" were separate options.

Some comments:

1.- Personally I am not against subscriptions, I get office 365 because I think it is great value, what I don't like particularly is to get to much of the same in the bundle. In u-he case even if I love all his products I really don't find value in having so many synths, I am pretty much a "minimal" set up guy, I use two soft synth plugs: diva and serum, and that's it. I have had Bazille, ACE and hive at some point but they are either too similar or I don't have the time to learn them. And while I like the u-he effects I am not much into getting many and I don't need any of the ones offered by u.he so a sub by u.he wouldn't be interesting to me.

In the same sense Slate stuff is utterly boring to me, I would bet most people getting these subscription don't even use 20% of it, it is all part of the plugin GAS that many people can't control. Same for Kush and other developers with a limited portfolio.

To me the only company that could offer an interesting subscription service would be NI because they have a diverse catalog.

Rent to buy is more interesting, IMHO; for companies like u-he, many people in my country can't spend 180 on a synth, but might be able to pay 9 USD monthly.

2.- I would love u-he hardware, Diva mainly would be my dream: 5 octave keyboard with 80+ knobs, bi timbral and add a sequencer.

3.- About future products I am mainly interested in a drum machine emulation, I think that apart of microtonic the rests sucks. Tremor is good but i don't like FXpansion as a company, and the GUi is kind of small. The one by Xils has an horrible GUI, I really think there is a gap in the market for a good drum machine which combines emulation of classic old ones with newer features, that can make old+new sounds.

I would also like to see a saturation plugin, something between elysia karacter and fabfilter saturn. I would like to hear what u-he could do.
dedication to flying

Every time I try to complete the survey, the page errors and won't render (usually after the 2nd or 3rd page.) This has happened every day for the past 3 days.

Is this happening to anyone else?

MtL wrote:Every time I try to complete the survey, the page errors and won't render (usually after the 2nd or 3rd page.) This has happened every day for the past 3 days.

Is this happening to anyone else?

no problem when I did the survey,have you tried using a different browser?
2012 Mac Pro,3.46 Ghz,12 core 96g ,Mojave,RME, DP11.01, Logic 10.51,RME UCX, Great River ME-1NV, a few microphones,Spectrasonics, U-he Komplete12U & way too many VI's,Synths & FX galore!, UAD,Mimic Pro/SD3,Focal Twin 6 monitors, Shunyata ....

MtL wrote:Is this happening to anyone else?
Hm, that definitely shouldn't happen.

There are a few things you could try:
- verify that JavaScript and (session) cookies are enabled and allowed in your browser
- temporarily disable any ad-blocker you may have running (they tend to screw up some JavaScripts)
- empty your browser's cache (if a JavaScript was incorrectly downloaded, it's stored incorrectly on your hard drive and loaded incorrectly every time you visit the survey; emptying the browser cache will make the browser re-download, this time hopefully correctly)
- reset your modem/router, the easiest way would be to unplug it and wait for a few seconds, then reconnect. (If your ISP assigned your connection a DNS server that doesn't know the address of something the survey scripts are looking for, reconnecting will usually make the ISP assign you a different one)
- reboot your machine (Sounds silly, but worked miraculously for similar issues many times in the past)
- try another browser or computer
Cheers
Rob
u-he | Support | FAQ | Patch Library

Thanks, Rob.

Solved with a different browser.

Too much to read.. I'd be happy to have rent-to-own synths from U-He.

Online activation or similar for the time that partial thingy is on, serial after all is paid.

Where is the actual survey?
My latest release 'News to Me' features at #4 on Traxsource Essential Garage charts: https://www.traxsource.com/title/924594/january-29th

jordonpmusic wrote:Where is the actual survey?
The survey has ended.

Return to “u-he”