Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 New @ KVR
zvenx
KVRAF

6058 posts since 16 Feb, 2005, from Kingston, Jamaica

Postby zvenx; Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:43 am Re: u-he refurbished Preset Browser discussion

noiseboyuk wrote:Thought uploading a video might be easiest, tasmaniandevil. I'm getting it on Windows too, so this is Windows 10, Cubase 9.0.20.

https://youtu.be/5yj0kU0jA-o

Once restored, nothing I do in selecting tags makes any difference to the tag results.

Works fine at my end, just tried it again.

Will try on my PC shortly but that has Nuendo not Cubase.
Any reason you aren't at least on 9.0.30? I am guessing you are afraid of the new video engine? :-)
rsp
Howard
KVRAF

3453 posts since 23 May, 2004, from Bad Vilbel, Germany

Postby Howard; Fri Dec 08, 2017 3:09 am Re: u-he refurbished Preset Browser discussion

noiseboyuk - I can confirm that bug. The guys are on the case already :-)
noiseboyuk
KVRAF

1933 posts since 25 Jan, 2007

Postby noiseboyuk; Fri Dec 08, 2017 3:12 am Re: u-he refurbished Preset Browser discussion

Phew, thanks Howard! zvenx - interesting you're not getting it when u-he are. And yes, fear of the new video engine is exactly it! Waiting for the next round of updates before I try updating Cubase.
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.afterschoolvideoclub.com/
W10 Pro Anniversary, i74930k, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 2x GT610, PT12 HD, Cubase Pro 9.0.10
MBP 2015 OSX 10.11.4 2.8ghz 16gb 1TB SSD
zvenx
KVRAF

Postby zvenx; Fri Dec 08, 2017 3:16 am Re: u-he refurbished Preset Browser discussion

I am right now on my Windows 10 Pro Nuendo 8.1 computer and I still can't replicate it.

Let me try it in Nuendo 7
rsp
zvenx
KVRAF

Postby zvenx; Fri Dec 08, 2017 3:34 am Re: u-he refurbished Preset Browser discussion

Couldn't replicate in Nuendo 7 either.
The one difference I now realise is that I have Aubergine set as my initial/startup patch whilst you have init as your start up patch.
Don't know if that is the difference.
rsp
noiseboyuk
KVRAF

Postby noiseboyuk; Fri Dec 08, 2017 3:45 am Re: u-he refurbished Preset Browser discussion

Maybe - u-he are on it though so I'll leave it with them. I do get the same behaviour in the AAX version in PTHD 12.8.1.
W10 Pro Anniversary, i74930k, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 2x GT610, PT12 HD, Cubase Pro 9.0.10
tasmaniandevil
KVRist

365 posts since 22 Mar, 2005, from Germany

Postby tasmaniandevil; Fri Dec 08, 2017 3:56 am Re: u-he refurbished Preset Browser discussion

noiseboyuk wrote:Maybe - u-he are on it though so I'll leave it with them. I do get the same behaviour in the AAX version in PTHD 12.8.1.

Yes, we are on it, don't worry. I was finally able to reproduce it.

After you select a new restore preset, you have to hit the restore button two times. Then it suddenly won't create a new search history entry if you try to search for something.
To make the search work again in such a case, switch over to the directory view and click on a different folder. Then the search works again (at least until you hit the restore button again).
zvenx
KVRAF

Postby zvenx; Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:02 am Re: u-he refurbished Preset Browser discussion

tasmaniandevil wrote:
noiseboyuk wrote:Maybe - u-he are on it though so I'll leave it with them. I do get the same behaviour in the AAX version in PTHD 12.8.1.

Yes, we are on it, don't worry. I was finally able to reproduce it.

After you select a new restore preset, you have to hit the restore button two times. Then it suddenly won't create a new search history entry if you try to search for something.
To make the search work again in such a case, switch over to the directory view and click on a different folder. Then the search works again (at least until you hit the restore button again).

'wicked'.

hopefully you guys figure out my windows long update issue too....
I have ever faith you will (pressure much? :-) )

rsp
tasmaniandevil
KVRist

Postby tasmaniandevil; Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:10 am Re: u-he refurbished Preset Browser discussion

zvenx wrote:hopefully you guys figure out my windows long update issue too....
Nothing better than a little stress on a Friday morning. :) One problem at a time. I'll check your mails in a minute and will reply asap. We'll figure it out.
zvenx
KVRAF

Postby zvenx; Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:18 am Re: u-he refurbished Preset Browser discussion

tasmaniandevil wrote:
zvenx wrote:hopefully you guys figure out my windows long update issue too....
Nothing better than a little stress on a Friday morning. :) One problem at a time. I'll check your mails in a minute and will reply asap. We'll figure it out.

:-)
makes the friday night at the bar even more useful/necessary :-).

thanks
rsp
noiseboyuk
KVRAF

Postby noiseboyuk; Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:40 am Re: u-he refurbished Preset Browser discussion

tasmaniandevil wrote:To make the search work again in such a case, switch over to the directory view and click on a different folder. Then the search works again (at least until you hit the restore button again).

Thank you and all you fine u-he folks, that's a very helpful workaround.
jbraner
KVRian

712 posts since 8 Jan, 2003

Postby jbraner; Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:17 am Re: u-he refurbished Preset Browser discussion

Sorry if this has been covered (I didn't see any mention in a search).

In Repro-1, i don't see anything happening with the different "Auto Tag Features" settings.

- do you have to reload the plugin if you change this?
- If I'm looking at old user presets, which don't have any tags - is "if empty" or "on load" supposed to populate some tags?

The manual says "The on load option causes Repro-1 to generate appropriate ‘Features’ tags whenever a preset is loaded, hiding any existing Features. The if empty option is similar but doesn’t hide existing tags."

- but where would I see this?
tasmaniandevil
KVRist

Postby tasmaniandevil; Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:27 pm Re: u-he refurbished Preset Browser discussion

jbraner wrote:In Repro-1, i don't see anything happening with the different "Auto Tag Features" settings.

Oopsie :oops: . Looks like it's broken.
jbraner
KVRian

Postby jbraner; Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:44 pm Re: u-he refurbished Preset Browser discussion

Well, I'm late to the beta party, but glad to be helpful! ;-)
jbraner
KVRian

Postby jbraner; Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:52 am Re: u-he refurbished Preset Browser discussion

tasmaniandevil wrote:
jbraner wrote:In Repro-1, i don't see anything happening with the different "Auto Tag Features" settings.

Oopsie :oops: . Looks like it's broken.

Is it supposed to work in the new RC2?
It still doesn't seem to do anything (I have some Repro-1 presets that are untagged)
PreviousNext

Moderator: u-he Mods

Return to u-he