Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 New @ KVR
zvenx
KVRAF

6058 posts since 16 Feb, 2005, from Kingston, Jamaica

Postby zvenx; Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:00 am Re: u-he refurbished Preset Browser discussion

jbraner wrote:
tasmaniandevil wrote:
jbraner wrote:In Repro-1, i don't see anything happening with the different "Auto Tag Features" settings.

Oopsie :oops: . Looks like it's broken.

Is it supposed to work in the new RC2?
It still doesn't seem to do anything (I have some Repro-1 presets that are untagged)

I assume you read the manual on what it is supposed to do correct?
I read it shortly after your post and it isn't suppose to do what at least I thought it would do.
rsp
tasmaniandevil
KVRist

365 posts since 22 Mar, 2005, from Germany

Postby tasmaniandevil; Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:37 pm Re: u-he refurbished Preset Browser discussion

jbraner wrote:Is it supposed to work in the new RC2?
It still doesn't seem to do anything (I have some Repro-1 presets that are untagged)

Haha, no, sorry, it won't work at the moment. We are not always that fast in fixing stuff. :wink:
jbraner
KVRian

712 posts since 8 Jan, 2003

Postby jbraner; Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:34 pm Re: u-he refurbished Preset Browser discussion

Ok - I just wanted to be sure I wasn't expecting it to do something when it shouldn't. ;-)

so it *should* do something, when a patch has no tags - and it's not (but it will be fixed at some point)
evilantal
KVRian

744 posts since 13 Mar, 2008, from Arnhem, Netherlands

Postby evilantal; Fri Dec 15, 2017 5:27 am Re: u-he refurbished Preset Browser discussion

I hope commercial soundset designers will update their sets with tags once the new preset browser starts rolling out to the other synths...
Demo work: https://soundcloud.com/antaln
My post/prog rock band: http://www.sylvium.com
zvenx
KVRAF

Postby zvenx; Fri Dec 15, 2017 5:44 am Re: u-he refurbished Preset Browser discussion

evilantal wrote:I hope commercial soundset designers will update their sets with tags once the new preset browser starts rolling out to the other synths...

Is the plan still to do a Z2.8 beta next week?
Will anyone be even 'home' at u-he HQ next week ? :-)
rockbottom
KVRist

154 posts since 14 Aug, 2004

Postby rockbottom; Sat Dec 23, 2017 10:54 am Re: u-he refurbished Preset Browser discussion

it looks like the text display cannot accommodate a long name without truncating it;

• this one is an original preset name from the P5 factory set 3, and is 45 chars long…
  • the preset file itself is a regular h2p format.
formula 0.7.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
tasmaniandevil
KVRist

365 posts since 22 Mar, 2005, from Germany

Postby tasmaniandevil; Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:40 pm Re: u-he refurbished Preset Browser discussion

rockbottom wrote:it looks like the text display cannot accommodate a long name without truncating it

Yes, there are a few small issues with really long preset names. Most of them are remnants of the old browser, we just didn't have the time to iron all those issues out yet. It's on our radar, so this will be improved at some point.
waltercruz
KVRian

1499 posts since 3 Dec, 2011, from Brasília, Brazil

Postby waltercruz; Mon Dec 25, 2017 5:16 pm Re: u-he refurbished Preset Browser discussion

I upgraded my Repro to final version and lost my favourites...

Not a big deal, as there was only 5 or 6 favourites but... Will I need to backup favourites between updates? Where's the database of favourites? (I'm on Mac)
martijns
KVRer

4 posts since 3 Dec, 2006

Postby martijns; Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:43 pm Re: u-he refurbished Preset Browser discussion

I love the new preset browser but I was wondering why is it not possible to select the directories with the arrow keys on the computer keyboard and swith from the left of the browser where the folders are to the right where the presets are with the tab key this makes browsing and selecting sounds so much faster?
fourthmanfire
KVRist

126 posts since 31 Jan, 2014

Postby fourthmanfire; Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:50 pm Re: u-he refurbished Preset Browser discussion

waltercruz wrote:I upgraded my Repro to final version and lost my favourites...

Not a big deal, as there was only 5 or 6 favourites but... Will I need to backup favourites between updates? Where's the database of favourites? (I'm on Mac)

I had the same question and zvenx answered it for me in another thread.

~Library/Application Support/u-he/Repro-1/Presetdata/Repro-5.db.
Or something close to that ~Library means the Library folder in ur user folder not the general
Library.. Rsp

:tu:
Biome_Digital
KVRist

448 posts since 9 Jan, 2014, from Worldwide

Postby Biome_Digital; Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:08 am Re: u-he refurbished Preset Browser discussion

the new preset browser is really great - thank you!
zvenx
KVRAF

Postby zvenx; Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:16 am Re: u-he refurbished Preset Browser discussion

Hi,
I think it is now .presetsdb for completeness.
rsp

fourthmanfire wrote:
waltercruz wrote:I upgraded my Repro to final version and lost my favourites...

I had the same question and zvenx answered it for me in another thread.

~Library/Application Support/u-he/Repro-1/Presetdata/Repro-5.db.
Or something close to that ~Library means the Library folder in ur user folder not the general
Library.. Rsp

:tu:
Funkybot's Evil Twin
KVRAF

5085 posts since 15 Aug, 2006

Postby Funkybot's Evil Twin; Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:34 am Re: u-he refurbished Preset Browser discussion

Is renaming a folder in Windows Explorer supposed to clear the favorites? That's definitely not ideal. Here's what just happened...

1. I downloaded a bunch of patches from the Patch Library
2. Put them in a folder called "Patch Library" (or so I thought)
3. I spent about 2 hours tagging favorites
4. I noticed the damn folder was spelled "Path Library"
5. By default, I went into Windows Explorer and corrected the typo

Result: I relaunched Zebra and all the favourites were gone.

Expected Result: I'd expect the favourite setting to be a patch-level tag so if I do something like move a patch to a different folder using Windows Explorer, the favourite status is retained.

Note: I remembered there's a Rename Function in the Browser, which indicates to me I should've used that, but by the time I thought of it, it was already too late.
Funkybot's Evil Twin
KVRAF

5085 posts since 15 Aug, 2006

Postby Funkybot's Evil Twin; Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:27 pm Re: u-he refurbished Preset Browser discussion

This is more of a workflow feature request: please add the ability to for the folder section of the browser to scroll automatically while I click and drag.

The scenario/steps are:

1. Open the browser in a situation where you have a LOT of folders and might need to scroll up and down
2. Select a patch
3. Click and Drag it to move into a folder outside of view (either above or below the current scroll location)

Result: the browser doesn't scroll. You must unselect the patch, scroll first, then click and drag the patch to copy it to the correct location.

Desired Result: the browser would follow the mouse location and scroll up or down to the correct folder.
EvilDragon
KVRAF

15448 posts since 6 Jan, 2009, from Croatia

Postby EvilDragon; Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:51 pm Re: u-he refurbished Preset Browser discussion

Yep, that was already reported internally.
PreviousNext

Moderator: u-he Mods

Return to u-he