Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 New @ KVR
tasmaniandevil
KVRist

365 posts since 22 Mar, 2005, from Germany

Postby tasmaniandevil; Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:25 am Re: u-he refurbished Preset Browser discussion

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote:Is renaming a folder in Windows Explorer supposed to clear the favorites? That's definitely not ideal.

Expected Result: I'd expect the favourite setting to be a patch-level tag so if I do something like move a patch to a different folder using Windows Explorer, the favourite status is retained.

Note: I remembered there's a Rename Function in the Browser, which indicates to me I should've used that, but by the time I thought of it, it was already too late.

Favourites and junk status tagging are bound to the patch name and the folder they lie in.
Since you can theoretically have different presets with the same name in different folders (example: if you have installed two soundsets, there might be identically named presets in each of the soundsets, yet they are totally different presets), you'd get in trouble if the favourites would only be assigned by patch name.

If you change the folder structure from within the Windows Explorer or Mac Finder, then you will lose the favourite status of the presets in those renamed folders.

As you already mentioned, renaming (and other operations, like duplicating or deleting) files and folders can now be done directly from within the preset browser page. This way the database always knows what you changed and the favourite status of your presets will be kept intact.
tasmaniandevil
KVRist

365 posts since 22 Mar, 2005, from Germany

Postby tasmaniandevil; Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:27 am Re: u-he refurbished Preset Browser discussion

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote:This is more of a workflow feature request: please add the ability to for the folder section of the browser to scroll automatically while I click and drag.
Yup, as EvilDragon mentioned, it's already on the improvements list.
Previous

Moderator: u-he Mods

Return to u-he