Login / Register 0 items | $0.00 New @ KVR
rz70
KVRer

8 posts since 17 May, 2014

Postby rz70; Wed Dec 27, 2017 6:02 am Re: Repro V1.1 released (including Repro-5, free update)

zvenx wrote:The factory banks already come in nks format..
If you arent seeing them do a rescan in kk or maschine whichever one u use nks in.
rz70 wrote:Hello Urs,
nice work - fantastic synth. Do you have a schedule for the NKS presets?
Nice xmas!
Richard

Perfect, but the Prehear function doesn't work.
Urs
u-he

21962 posts since 7 Aug, 2002, from Berlin

Postby Urs; Wed Dec 27, 2017 6:20 am Re: Repro V1.1 released (including Repro-5, free update)

rz70 wrote:
zvenx wrote:The factory banks already come in nks format..
If you arent seeing them do a rescan in kk or maschine whichever one u use nks in.
rz70 wrote:Hello Urs,
nice work - fantastic synth. Do you have a schedule for the NKS presets?
Nice xmas!
Richard

Perfect, but the Prehear function doesn't work.

You need to download the NKS Preview files. They would triple the size of our installer, so we made them a separate download:

https://www.u-he.com/cms/repro <- under the download icons on the right
mrj1nx
KVRist

279 posts since 29 Nov, 2015

Postby mrj1nx; Wed Dec 27, 2017 12:05 pm Re: Repro V1.1 released (including Repro-5, free update)

So regarding my multicore problem on my iMac i wrote about like one page back. I was able to do some testing now, and I did a search where people said it helped alot by closing down the GUI and just play the synth, that worked for me, no more clicks and pops, so it seems like theres something about the UI that takes up a considerable amount of CPU. It also seemed to me like when you choose the bottom tab to display effects instead of keys, it clicked and popped less.

Actually, after reading up a bit more in other threads and checking out the manual, I realized that the HQ mode shouldn't just be always turned on by default, so that obviously helped alot :)
Last edited by mrj1nx on Thu Dec 28, 2017 12:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
rz70
KVRer

8 posts since 17 May, 2014

Postby rz70; Wed Dec 27, 2017 5:07 pm Re: Repro V1.1 released (including Repro-5, free update)

Urs wrote:You need to download the NKS Preview files. They would triple the size of our installer, so we made them a separate download:

https://www.u-he.com/cms/repro <- under the download icons on the right

Das macht Sinn - Danke - Thanks :-)
Augren
KVRian

1221 posts since 8 May, 2003, from Munich

Postby Augren; Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:42 am Re: Repro V1.1 released (including Repro-5, free update)

Turns out, after all, that much of the time I insert an instance of Repro 1 or 5, midi CCs other than CC1 aren't being received by the plugin instance in Cubase 9 pro (the little light in the vsti GUI window indicating the vsti is getting midi data) just stays dark).

First I thought it must be Cubase acting up, but then I realized I''m not getting this erratic behavior on other vstis, and midi monitor is displaying the incoming data correctly, too.

Anyone else observed this?
Funkybot's Evil Twin
KVRAF

5380 posts since 15 Aug, 2006

Postby Funkybot's Evil Twin; Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:39 am Re: Repro V1.1 released (including Repro-5, free update)

Augren wrote:Turns out, after all, that much of the time I insert an instance of Repro 1 or 5, midi CCs other than CC1 aren't being received by the plugin instance in Cubase 9 pro (the little light in the vsti GUI window indicating the vsti is getting midi data) just stays dark).

First I thought it must be Cubase acting up, but then I realized I''m not getting this erratic behavior on other vstis, and midi monitor is displaying the incoming data correctly, too.

Anyone else observed this?

I'm not 100% sure, but I thought I read somewhere that VST3 and MIDI Learn were kind of a no-go together. Are you using the VST3 version of RePro? If so, does switching to the VST2 version resolve the issue? Couldn't hurt to try deleting the VST3 version if that's what you're using. You can always reinstall it later.
Augren
KVRian

1221 posts since 8 May, 2003, from Munich

Postby Augren; Fri Dec 29, 2017 11:27 am Re: Repro V1.1 released (including Repro-5, free update)

:scared:

that was actually it. Thanks!
mrj1nx
KVRist

Postby mrj1nx; Fri Dec 29, 2017 11:54 am Re: Repro V1.1 released (including Repro-5, free update)

I went ahead and bought Repro the other day and been playing a bit with it now. Really like the sound of it. The only thing I think is missing personally, mostly in Repro 5 is more Mod Matrix slots. Just to be able to do more with Velocity and Modwheel. I'm convinced that that feature would open up for more expressive sounds. An alternative could be adding more of the small velocity knobs. If one would add mod matrix slots at the bottom row a'la Hive (which seems like an obvious solution), you wouldn't be able to drag and drop to the effect knobs which becomes a bit of a design flaw. The way it's designed atm is very clean and complete in a sense that everything has a clear place. An alternative would be to move the effects into a page with a button like the tweaks page. That would also not be as nice and clean looking. Another solution that might be the best one would be to add two buttons over the current mod matrix with arrows, and have that be paged. I get why one wants to keep things simple :)
EvilDragon
KVRAF

16273 posts since 6 Jan, 2009, from Croatia

Postby EvilDragon; Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:28 pm Re: Repro V1.1 released (including Repro-5, free update)

That was already discussed ad nauseam...
dlarseninclusive
KVRist

150 posts since 19 Nov, 2017, from Los Angeles

Postby dlarseninclusive; Fri Dec 29, 2017 3:40 pm Re: Repro V1.1 released (including Repro-5, free update)

EvilDragon wrote:That was already discussed ad nauseam...

Splendid use of Latin Sir! :D
mrj1nx
KVRist

Postby mrj1nx; Sat Dec 30, 2017 1:37 pm Re: Repro V1.1 released (including Repro-5, free update)

And what was the official conclusion? I'm gonna guess that it was a no. Seems probable that it would have been in the final release otherwise.
EvilDragon
KVRAF

16273 posts since 6 Jan, 2009, from Croatia

Postby EvilDragon; Sat Dec 30, 2017 1:51 pm Re: Repro V1.1 released (including Repro-5, free update)

Officially it was not a definitive no. Maybe in an update after a year or two. They want to keep it more streamlined and let it not stray far too much from the original. Plus, it's not that Repro-5 isn't capable of expressive sounds... factory patches are full of expressiveness!
Sound Author
KVRian

550 posts since 8 Mar, 2008, from Crestview, Florida

Postby Sound Author; Sat Dec 30, 2017 4:49 pm Re: Repro V1.1 released (including Repro-5, free update)

Has anyone else noticed that, with Repro-5 in FL Studio, the Sample & Hold wigs out in the sequencer? It happens when the LFO is synced to the host. I tried to recreate the problem in Ableton, but everything works fine there, so I guess it's strictly an FL issue.
Funkybot's Evil Twin
KVRAF

5380 posts since 15 Aug, 2006

Postby Funkybot's Evil Twin; Sat Dec 30, 2017 9:50 pm Re: Repro V1.1 released (including Repro-5, free update)

Sound Author wrote:Has anyone else noticed that, with Repro-5 in FL Studio, the Sample & Hold wigs out in the sequencer? It happens when the LFO is synced to the host. I tried to recreate the problem in Ableton, but everything works fine there, so I guess it's strictly an FL issue.

It's a known issue with Fruity Loops. They're still trying to track it down.
tvdv
KVRer

22 posts since 16 Jul, 2016

Postby tvdv; Sun Dec 31, 2017 11:24 am Re: Repro V1.1 released (including Repro-5, free update)

For some reason the NKS presets for REPRO-5 are not showing up in Maschine for me. I’m wondering if anyone else has this issue and has been able to resolve it.

The NKS presets are showing up for REPRO-1 in Maschine’s Library panel, but when I select REPRO-5, only an “-- init --” preset is shown.

I’ve re-installed the plugins using the V1.1 installer, and I’ve installed the separate NKS preview files. I’ve also re-scanned all plugins in Maschine, but none of this made a difference.

I can find NKS files on disk at the following path:

/Library/Application Support/u-he/Repro-1/NKS/Repro-5/

What’s a bit strange is that there’s also an empty directory named “Repro-5” at:

/Library/Application Support/u-he/Repro-5/

Any suggestions as to what can be wrong and/or how I could fix this?

EDIT: Seems like I confused re-scanning the plugins and the library… Moving on… ;)
PreviousNext

Moderator: u-he Mods

Return to u-he