Login / Register 0 items | $0.00 New @ KVR
tripleflows
KVRist

106 posts since 21 Feb, 2012

Postby tripleflows; Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:24 am Re: Repro V1.1 released (including Repro-5, free update)

Playing a short Synthmorph sequence from the upcoming U-He Repro soundset. Coming soon...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xEQXFYg ... e=youtu.be
mustgroove
KVRist

458 posts since 23 Jun, 2005

Postby mustgroove; Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:42 am Re: Repro V1.1 released (including Repro-5, free update)

tasmaniandevil wrote:
mustgroove wrote:Thanks for the reply - I accidentally replied by PM but posting again here so it's in the thread, sorry about that
No problem. :wink:

mustgroove wrote:I do have the Favourites.db.txt file, but I don't have a PresetDatabase folder at all, not sure why that would be the case. I tried right-clicking in the preset browser and selecting "Refresh" but it hasn't done anything unfortunately

I think the PresetDatabase folder will be created the first time you start the plugin after installation.
On Mac it will be located here:
/Users/you/Library/Application Support/u-he/Repro-1/PresetDatabase

And on Windows, it will be directly inside your data folder:
YourInstallationPath\Repro-1.data\PresetDatabase

If you are on Windows and you don't see it there, did you maybe install the 1.1 update to a different location than the original version?
This would also explain why the favourites have not been imported in the first place.

Ah gotcha, I was looking for the PresetDatabase folder in the same place as Favourites.db.txt (/Library/Audio/Presets/u-he/Repro-1), didn't realise it would be in the user presets location.

Tried your method from a few posts earlier and it worked like a charm, my existing favourites are now in the new preset browser! Thanks!
studiocat
KVRist

127 posts since 1 Sep, 2005

Postby studiocat; Fri Jan 26, 2018 4:37 pm Re: Repro V1.1 released (including Repro-5, free update)

Old guy here. :) I bought a brand new Prophet 5 in the early 1980's. I miss it a little bit but really, I find Repro 5 more compelling to play and create with. I love the Prophet style skin. With regard to my "old guy" status, I would like to see an alternative to the red displays. I can read them but my eyes are not what they used to be! Maybe an OLED style display with white letters on black background wouldn't take away too much of the retro look? Anyway, love U-he plugs. With Repro and Zebra, I don't think there is much synth territory that can't be covered or surpassed. :tu: -Perry-
Sound Author
KVRian

554 posts since 8 Mar, 2008, from Crestview, Florida

Postby Sound Author; Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:53 am Re: Repro V1.1 released (including Repro-5, free update)

FR: The ability to scroll though Velvet's saturation presets with the mouse wheel.
zvenx
KVRAF

6261 posts since 16 Feb, 2005, from Kingston, Jamaica

Postby zvenx; Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:20 am Re: Repro V1.1 released (including Repro-5, free update)

Sound Author wrote:FR: The ability to scroll though Velvet's saturation presets with the mouse wheel.
and to switch them to automute. I know how to via the presets but I always have to remember that whenever I reinstall.

Rsp
Hanz Meyzer
KVRian

722 posts since 20 Oct, 2014

Postby Hanz Meyzer; Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:33 am Re: Repro V1.1 released (including Repro-5, free update)

Don't know if this is already implemented or pretty common, but what about a "voice stealing" mode that prioritizes not identical notes over identical notes? e.g. you play a-min and then a-maj, A and E would be stopped and restarted, but C->C# would get the full release? So maybe voices would not so easy sum up with long release times and the difference would be hardly noticeable?
EvilDragon
KVRAF

16294 posts since 6 Jan, 2009, from Croatia

Postby EvilDragon; Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:12 am Re: Repro V1.1 released (including Repro-5, free update)

This is an option on the Tweaks page. Look for Reallocate.
paologatto
KVRer

10 posts since 16 Apr, 2006

Postby paologatto; Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:28 am Re: Repro V1.1 released (including Repro-5, free update)

I'm a happy user of repro. I have a problem with the MIDI learn, trying to assign cutoff with MIDI data from the expression pedal in my stage piano RD700GX. I see the CC coming in the daw but repro apparently don't recognize them. It recognizes and assign CC from mod bend but not from the pedal.
BTW, I use also DIVA and it recognized correctly the MIDI CC from the same expression pedal. How can I do the same in repro? Thanks
exmatproton
KVRAF

2022 posts since 24 Apr, 2011

Postby exmatproton; Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:54 am Re: Repro V1.1 released (including Repro-5, free update)

paologatto wrote:I'm a happy user of repro. I have a problem with the MIDI learn, trying to assign cutoff with MIDI data from the expression pedal in my stage piano RD700GX. I see the CC coming in the daw but repro apparently don't recognize them. It recognizes and assign CC from mod bend but not from the pedal.
BTW, I use also DIVA and it recognized correctly the MIDI CC from the same expression pedal. How can I do the same in repro? Thanks

It should be possible to add any CC by hand;

addbyhand.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
paologatto
KVRer

Postby paologatto; Tue Feb 06, 2018 6:05 am Re: Repro V1.1 released (including Repro-5, free update)

I tried the manual Add feature, selected the Parameter (cutoff in my case) but the Controller cannot be changed
tasmaniandevil
KVRist

458 posts since 22 Mar, 2005, from Germany

Postby tasmaniandevil; Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:00 am Re: Repro V1.1 released (including Repro-5, free update)

paologatto wrote:I tried the manual Add feature, selected the Parameter (cutoff in my case) but the Controller cannot be changed

Channel and Controller have no dropdown menu. Mouse-click on channel or controller, keep the mouse button pressed down (i.e. don't release the mouse click) and drag the mouse up or down to change the values.
paologatto
KVRer

Postby paologatto; Tue Feb 06, 2018 2:17 pm Re: Repro V1.1 released (including Repro-5, free update)

tasmaniandevil wrote:
paologatto wrote:I tried the manual Add feature, selected the Parameter (cutoff in my case) but the Controller cannot be changed

Channel and Controller have no dropdown menu. Mouse-click on channel or controller, keep the mouse button pressed down (i.e. don't release the mouse click) and drag the mouse up or down to change the values.

YES! Finally it worked, moving the mouse!
Thank you tasmaniandevil and exmatproton for the hints!
Hanz Meyzer
KVRian

722 posts since 20 Oct, 2014

Postby Hanz Meyzer; Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:54 am Re: Repro V1.1 released (including Repro-5, free update)

I am still open-mouthed how fast Repro1/5 opens. Nowadays you are used to slow GUIs and code, invoking multiple JIT-compilers and VMs at once or whatever. If there was such a category in the Guinness Book of Records, surely U-He would have won.
studiocat
KVRist

127 posts since 1 Sep, 2005

Postby studiocat; Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:08 pm Re: Repro V1.1 released (including Repro-5, free update)

I grew up near Disneyland in CA in the 1970's. Repro 5 reminded me of Michael Iceberg's music for the Electrical Light parade. I could only manage a few bars...and now it's stuck in my head for another 40+ years. :/ Thanks, Urs! :( https://soundcloud.com/perryleed/light-parade
Sound Author
KVRian

554 posts since 8 Mar, 2008, from Crestview, Florida

Postby Sound Author; Sun Feb 11, 2018 2:04 pm Re: Repro V1.1 released (including Repro-5, free update)

Just wondering if anyone has managed to fine tune Lyrebird's delay time with Key Follow. Is it possible to get close?
PreviousNext

Moderator: u-he Mods

Return to u-he