Repro V1.1 released (including Repro-5, free update)

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Repro

Except Diva is hardly a "49CC moped" compared to any other synth in terms of CPU consumption. It just wasn't the best example.

Though myself I always welcome when a developer doesn't sacrifice quality for less cpu/ram/gfx, whatever. My take on this is "bring me the best quality you can squeeze out of your product and let me worry about my config". If it needs to, I'll upgrade, I have no problem with that. I'll understand the necessity of an upgrade if you make a difference. And I think difference was made this time. Milestones in software synths like Repro-5 don't happen too often, lets be honest.

Urs wrote:The filter cutoff range and modulation depths of Repro are much higher than those of Diva. Therefore Repro's "low quality" setting begins where Diva has it's highest quality setting. It's been a completely different challenge.
Thanks Urs. So basically, if I am reading right, it is not technically possible to get a realtime/offline accuracy mode as Diva? Is this because the draft mode in Repro would be anyway CPU consuming as the high quality Diva?

12deadpixels wrote:Thanks Urs. So basically, if I am reading right, it is not technically possible to get a realtime/offline accuracy mode as Diva? Is this because the draft mode in Repro would be anyway CPU consuming as the high quality Diva?
We didn't add the option because it can sound quite differently in settings that need it.

Elektronisch wrote:
All i can see is you lack common sense when adding the odds and so to repeat: Diva is not RePro and yes it is CPU hungry and thats how it should be.
WOW, I didnt see the need to be insulted.

I asked a valid question, but to your point if I do lack something it is MEMORY, I keep forgetting that you cant ask anything in this forum without having an insult thrown at you.

this is why I have been registered on this site for 12 years and have so few posts. jeeezzzz....
But then a strange fear gripped me
and I just couldn't ask....

Garzita wrote:
Elektronisch wrote:
All i can see is you lack common sense when adding the odds and so to repeat: Diva is not RePro and yes it is CPU hungry and thats how it should be.
WOW, I didnt see the need to be insulted.

I asked a valid question, but to your point if I do lack something it is MEMORY, I keep forgetting that you cant ask anything in this forum without having an insult thrown at you.

this is why I have been registered on this site for 12 years and have so few posts. jeeezzzz....
Sorry for insulting, but your question seemed to be led by very arrogant statement (at least in my eyes).

Urs wrote:
Garzita wrote:But Repro-5 is way more CPU hungry than that, same Voice Polyphony and ADSR settings: boom, Ableton and CPU go red hot... and I dont even like my Snap, Crackles and Pops for breakfast.

I am unbelievably satisfied with Repro-1 and that to me justifies having bought the product, but I cant see any value in Repro-5 at this point with my current setup, which handles Diva, Bazille and ACE with no problems at all.
The filter cutoff range and modulation depths of Repro are much higher than those of Diva. Therefore Repro's "low quality" setting begins where Diva has it's highest quality setting. It's been a completely different challenge.
Gotcha, I thought about asking considering that when Diva came out, there were some revisions and the CPU load was improved upon, I was wondering if the same measures were being considered for Repro-5.

Thanks for the reply.

yes!
Yes!
YES!
holiday´s coming, holiday´s coming...

thank to the whole u-he team making my Xmas this year great again :tu: :party: :ud: :love:

I also made little advertising in the german recording-forum, hehe

a very very peaceful Merry Christmas to all @u-he and the nice guys/girls(?) here in KVR-forum,
regards,
The Sarge!

(here again, cause the other topic sleeps)

Elektronisch wrote:
Sorry for insulting, but your question seemed to be led by very arrogant statement (at least in my eyes).
Nah, I deserve it, I just never learn my lesson in this forum, you just cant ask a damn fu#$%ing thing without being treated like dirt... back to lurking...

Urs wrote:
12deadpixels wrote:Thanks Urs. So basically, if I am reading right, it is not technically possible to get a realtime/offline accuracy mode as Diva? Is this because the draft mode in Repro would be anyway CPU consuming as the high quality Diva?
We didn't add the option because it can sound quite differently in settings that need it.
Thanks Urs,
Cool, bouncing and freezing then (quite appropriate for xmas). Not a big deal though, the fantastic quality of the sound is worth the hassle :phones:

Hey Urs & team,

thank you very much for your Repro-5 synth, finally a good mobile replacement for my Rev-3 Prophet-5!

Repro-5 sounds like a slightly cleaner version of the real synth to my ears, it has a VERY rich and analogish sound, typically u-he!

It's so much fun to program your own custom sounds with it, especially using a fitting midi controller like the "Alkex Professor".

Here's a little two-track demo song I just recorded (using only internal effects - distortion and reverb -, no
external effects whatsoever). Quite 1980s, hehe...

https://soundcloud.com/markus808-1/repr ... rn-effects

Christmas this year will be quite analog, I guess... :wink:

Cheers
Markus808

lovely tune!
thx 4 sharing with us

Thanks, (The) Sarge!

Nice job, reminds me of Wally Badarou Echoes album.
Markus808 wrote: Here's a little two-track demo song I just recorded (using only internal effects - distortion and reverb -, no
external effects whatsoever). Quite 1980s, hehe...

https://soundcloud.com/markus808-1/repr ... rn-effects

Christmas this year will be quite analog, I guess... :wink:

Cheers
Markus808

Wow, synth_punk, that's exactly the album my tune reminded me of (after hearing it several times after improvising it)!
I re-discovered "Echoes" some weeks ago, and liked it a lot. Wally Badarou is a very creative synth-player, and the Prophet-5
was one of his favourite synths then, if I remember correctly. Funny how the sub-consciousness works sometimes... ;-)

Great minds think alike!! :wink: Pretty sure Wally used a Prophet 5 along with his Synclavier.
Markus808 wrote:Wow, synth_punk, that's exactly the album my tune reminded me of (after hearing it several times after improvising it)!
I re-discovered "Echoes" some weeks ago, and liked it a lot. Wally Badarou is a very creative synth-player, and the Prophet-5
was one of his favourite synths then, if I remember correctly. Funny how the sub-consciousness works sometimes... ;-)

Return to “u-he”