REPRO 5 no NKS Preview in Komplete Kontrol

Official support for: u-he.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

No there definitely was v1.1 update to NBPL.

Urs wrote: The preview files were overlooked by the guy who designed our new website, i.e. as far as I know, it was forgotten to add them. We're waiting to fill the web guy position to have someone fix it.

In the meantime, this link will work:

https://uhedownloads-heckmannaudiogmb.n ... eviews.zip
Urs, the target folder for these (Library/Application Support/u-he/Repro-1/NKS/Repro-5) already has a load (953 to be exact) of what appear to be the preview files in there, these are NKSF files, and there is a folder called PAResources in there.

Do I need to delete all that or just leave them there and add these new files you have sent me the link for?

No, you don't touch those files - those are actual preset files used by KK. You need to have the .previews folder that is in the ZIP file unpacked to NKS/Repro-5 folder (so, it'd be NKS/Repro-5/.previews).

Brilliant, previews finally working.

Thanks for all the help folks. A bit bemused why it didn't just work first time, but there we go. Cheers.

I can't understand why anyone would want single-note audio previews.
What's the advantage?

Howard wrote:I can't understand why anyone would want single-note audio previews.
What's the advantage?
The browser shows presets from multiple instruments, but only one plug-in is open at a time. Being able to preview the preset even in a non-optimal way is considered better than opening a plug-in and loading the preset in order to figure out what it sounds like. It's a time saver.

Howard wrote:I can't understand why anyone would want single-note audio previews.
What's the advantage?
In my own humble (completely personal) opinion, this "feature" is a creativity-killer.

While on the search for the 'right sound':

* How many times have you accidentally found a cool melody or an idea for a new song, because you actually had to play the presets, even if you were just noodling around

* Or how many times did you discover an amazing preset you could use for this project, or another, by playing a few notes and using the performance features, like Velocity, Modwheel, Aftertouch, ... You might have never given that preset a chance at all if you just heard one short, recorded note.

* How many times did you find out that this other sound you just played for a few seconds is actually much better suited for your track than the sound you originally were searching for

Just clicking through presets and getting to hear one short, pre-recorded note of a sound completely kills this creative process, in order to save a bit of time. Hooray.

But yes, if you are short of time, and just need to look for a very specific sound, it might be of some use.

But definitely not my cuppa coffee.
That QA guy from planet u-he.

Many others seem to disagree and have actually found those previews facilitating and speeding up their workflow...

Agreed....at the very least you can rule out sound that don't come close to working in the context of your mix and do it quickly.
EvilDragon wrote:Many others seem to disagree and have actually found those previews facilitating and speeding up their workflow...

EvilDragon wrote:Many others seem to disagree and have actually found those previews facilitating and speeding up their workflow...
Yep, as I said, just my very personal feelings about this.
I am sure NI did put quite some thinking into this, they wouldn't have made it if they didn't have thought it to be a beneficial feature for many users.
Just for me, it's nothing more than a waste of hard-drive space.
That QA guy from planet u-he.

Urs wrote:
What's the advantage?
The browser shows presets from multiple instruments, but only one plug-in is open at a time. Being able to preview the preset even in a non-optimal way is considered better than opening a plug-in and loading the preset in order to figure out what it sounds like. It's a time saver.
I think it's also an accessibility feature - NI have put a lot of work into making Komplete Kontrol accessible for visually impaired musicians which is really cool. So it's audibly browsable, not just visually.

tasmaniandevil wrote:Just for me, it's nothing more than a waste of hard-drive space.
Not just for you :hug:

I just copied the .preview forder into that data directory like in the txt description and restarted komplete kontrol but nothing happend. nothing there... any Idea?

the other preview files are in the samples folder of NI with a cryptical number. Don't know which one would be the right one.

BTW I am on a PC. UHE please can't you just make an installer that puts the previews on the right position? Why such a hassle..?

just found the answer for my problem. The description is wrong for PC. you have to put it into the NKS/Repro-5 folder directly in the repro folder NOT in the repro-1.data/NKS/Repro-5 folder

aMUSEd wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:43 pm
Urs wrote:
What's the advantage?
I think it's also an accessibility feature - NI have put a lot of work into making Komplete Kontrol accessible for visually impaired musicians which is really cool. So it's audibly browsable, not just visually.
+1 to this. I hope we see more companies create more accessible applications for music moving forward.

Return to “u-he”