Urs, Repro5 is so good you should do a dedicated Roland JUPITER-6 next..

Official support for: u-he.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Urs wrote:
hakey wrote:
Elektronisch wrote:So RePro is a huge success? i kind of suspected that because its the only "right" Prophet emulation
I've yet to see a 'the filter/oscillators/envelope/tiny detail etc doesn't sound like my Prophet' comment, which must be a first for such an emulation.
Hehehe, there are shiploads of those from people who apparently don't own a Prophet-5.

Ehhh, here's another one :/

https://www.gearslutz.com/board/electro ... st13029652

EvilDragon wrote:
Urs wrote:
hakey wrote:
Elektronisch wrote:So RePro is a huge success? i kind of suspected that because its the only "right" Prophet emulation
I've yet to see a 'the filter/oscillators/envelope/tiny detail etc doesn't sound like my Prophet' comment, which must be a first for such an emulation.
Hehehe, there are shiploads of those from people who apparently don't own a Prophet-5.

Ehhh, here's another one :/

I think alot of those analog die hards are forgeting that they are hearing not a clean sound but sound going via cables (and possiblity to soundcard and from soundcard to speakers) wich might lead to some sound colorisation. If i run my virus via cable to my Focusrite soundcard it sounds a little bit different (more pleasant) then runing audio via usb.

I mentioned in another thread (or maybe a Facebook post) that I thought it'd be a good idea to also push out some really good emulations as standalone plugins, so I'm glad to see Repro doing so well.

I guess the polyphony thing is a bit of a stumbling block for some punters, but in that case perhaps just put out some emulations of polyphonic synths. If Arturia can base almost all of their software business model in making such plugins (often not very well imo), then I'm sure U-he can do very well at it too.

I would love to see a Juno plugin (I loved my JU-06, but there's no way I'd enter the Roland cloud just to get hold of the plugin only version), something Oberheim and even a Polysix. I already have the Korg version which does sound decent, but they'll never sort the UI out and my eyes are old enough for that to be a problem. :hihi:

tehlord wrote:I mentioned in another thread (or maybe a Facebook post) that I thought it'd be a good idea to also push out some really good emulations as standalone plugins, so I'm glad to see Repro doing so well.

I guess the polyphony thing is a bit of a stumbling block for some punters, but in that case perhaps just put out some emulations of polyphonic synths. If Arturia can base almost all of their software business model in making such plugins (often not very well imo), then I'm sure U-he can do very well at it too.

I would love to see a Juno plugin (I loved my JU-06, but there's no way I'd enter the Roland cloud just to get hold of the plugin only version), something Oberheim and even a Polysix. I already have the Korg version which does sound decent, but they'll never sort the UI out and my eyes are old enough for that to be a problem. :hihi:
What about this one https://tal-software.com/products/tal-u-no-lx ?

Wow, you guys sure like your analogue emulations!

...well, actually, I like em' too, but see, a there is a new synth in town, and it is called Aparillo.

I would like to say to Urs, I have loads of respect for U-he, surely your products are quality an have made, and continue to make, an impact, a real difference in the industry. For the betterment of humanity, of course! :hihi: :hihi: :hihi:

But you guys got nuthin' like Aparillo, pure and simple. This synth has got innovation and fresh energy coming out of the woodwork, and I am no "fan guy"... just talking plainly.

Can U-he answer this with a suitably innovative product? And no, it won't be Zebra 3...or a new vintage emulation...Aparillo, man that is somewhat of a different ballgame here.

Innovation, lol, it's a FM synth with waveshaping and stuff. Korg did that on OASYS years ago. Perhaps the orbiter is unique, but that's about it.

I firmly believe Z3 will overrun that one, and then some.

Urs wrote:
hakey wrote:I've yet to see a 'the filter/oscillators/envelope/tiny detail etc doesn't sound like my Prophet' comment, which must be a first for such an emulation.
haha, I suppose that's to be expected.

Well, there seems to be less of this kind of thing and much more of the opposite view.

EvilDragon wrote:Ehhh, here's another one :/

Was my reply too harsh? :oops:

It was graceful as f**k :)

Grizzellda wrote:there is a new synth in town, and it is called Aparillo.
And I wish Robert and his gang all the best with it! It's always great to see that someone can pull off a new idea, especially when I consider them friends.

We're certainly a bit more conservative in our designs, but then we had a couple of good ideas too, which we still thrive upon.

That said, I take no offense. I *know* that doing emulations is more of an obligation than a creative break through. Which may also be a reason for keeping the time spent on emulations in moderation.

Elektronisch wrote:
tehlord wrote:I mentioned in another thread (or maybe a Facebook post) that I thought it'd be a good idea to also push out some really good emulations as standalone plugins, so I'm glad to see Repro doing so well.

Always room for more, like there are now 60,000 Minimoog emulations :party:

tehlord wrote:
Elektronisch wrote:

Always room for more, like there are now 60,000 Minimoog emulations :party:
Actually, there aren't many good ones. Which is probably why there's so many of them, because everyone thinks he can still improve it. :P Apart from it being the sought after iconic synth, of course.

Grizzellda wrote:Wow, you guys sure like your analogue emulations!

...well, actually, I like em' too, but see, a there is a new synth in town, and it is called Aparillo.

I would like to say to Urs, I have loads of respect for U-he, surely your products are quality an have made, and continue to make, an impact, a real difference in the industry. For the betterment of humanity, of course! :hihi: :hihi: :hihi:

But you guys got nuthin' like Aparillo, pure and simple. This synth has got innovation and fresh energy coming out of the woodwork, and I am no "fan guy"... just talking plainly.

Can U-he answer this with a suitably innovative product? And no, it won't be Zebra 3...or a new vintage emulation...Aparillo, man that is somewhat of a different ballgame here.
For some odd reason, I think that future Hive development should take note of Aparillo.

EvilDragon wrote:Innovation, lol, it's a FM synth with waveshaping and stuff. Korg did that on OASYS years ago.
So...you're gonna "laugh out loud" at me , huh? :hihi: :lol: :hihi:

Sure, and tell me off like some superior dude, but observe how I stand tall amidst this onslaught... :clap: :lol: :clap: :lol:

Alright, so first of all, there is not much hope that OASYS, with somewhat old tech, is anywhere near Aparillo. Did you even read my post??? Because, dude, I used the phrase "fresh energy", and to me that goes well beyond some new filter design...

It is emotional, spiritual...well, a bunch of stuff I don't feel like describing now...let's say...modern? The graphics! And unlikely to be available in an old Korg synth...and I really like old Korg synths.
EvilDragon wrote:Perhaps the orbiter is unique, but that's about it.
Holy shit, now you are a comedian! :lol: Unique, to be sure, as well as several other features on this lovely instrument...oh well, perhaps Evil Dragon just isn't ready for modern innovation...maybe he should just go and program another boring arpeggiator for Kontakt...
EvilDragon wrote:I firmly believe Z3 will overrun that one, and then some.
:hihi: :hihi: Well, concerning Zebra 3, I'm gonna get to Urs in my next post...but sure, it can be uber cool to firmly believe any damn fool thing, but here is how this plays out...

What I said in my first post, was that U-he had nothing like it...well it is the whole design, right? This synthesizer is holistic...it is all about how it all comes together with the Orbiter, the FM engine, the new esoteric modules, all under a holistic GUI!

And I think "holistic" means..."works well together"...or "all the pieces harmoniously cooperating"...stuff like that 8) 8) 8)

Come on!!! Dont'cha guys get it? :hihi:

And this isn't the first SugarBytes product that is along these lines...I'd like to see more companies explore these ideas...which is why I kinda called Mr. Heckman on it.,.. :lol: :D :lol: :D

<delete>
Last edited by egbert101 on Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
<List your stupid gear here>

Return to “u-he”