Latest Builds: Zebra 2.8 *beta*

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Zebra Zebralette Zebrify

EvilDragon wrote:It would be garbled mess when applied on sum of polyphonic voices, not very useful. Might as well use white noise instead.
I agree in most cases, but used tastefully like with two note chords it(root+5th) could create some nice intermodulation effects kinda similar, but different, form the the typical guitar amp distortion you get when applying clipping to polyphoinc voices.

have to say, i didn't like the design of the 2.8 when it was shown at superbooth and i do not like it now. i just don't understand how it is supposed to be easier on the eyes. would have just hoped for some hidpi graphics and fonts and thats it. hopefully someone who has similar eyeballs as me will reskin it soon. that said, thank you thank you thank you for the new browser. that search function is wonderful.

It's much easier on the eyes, things are aligned more properly and everything is laid out with a lot more sense. That's why it's so much better than the original skin.

hmm... what do other people think?

For me the Unempty dark horse original skin was alot easier on the eyes with the light teal zebra background when choosing presets which is now all black. The light cool background color was one of the main reasons i used the Unempty Dark horse skin because it was so easy on the eyes.

I love the new Dot8 skin. Everything is laid out even better than the old skin which was the best interface on any synth...until now.

I've spent many hours using it and it is so easy on my eyes and the workflow is even easier now. It's a real pleasure to work with. Am so happy with it I haven't even tried the alternate skin.

I use it zoomed at about 130% and it looks great.

I'll second the Dot8 skin. A pleasure to work with!

Many thanks team U-He.

+1 for Dot8. Works really well for me, no competition.
..off to play with my music toys - library music production.
http://www.FiveMinuteHippo.com

EvilDragon wrote:That is how "Set current as default" is supposed to behave. Only matters when instantiating Zebra.
Please carefully re-read my post (I added one more remark): The default currently is not always respected when instantiating Zebra.

andresnol wrote:hmm... what do other people think?
I like it. Looks much more "elegant" and clear than the design before.

Can't argue about taste ofc. :)

karrikuh wrote:
EvilDragon wrote:That is how "Set current as default" is supposed to behave. Only matters when instantiating Zebra.
Please carefully re-read my post (I added one more remark): The default currently is not always respected when instantiating Zebra.
Hmmm....

1. Open Zebra.
2. Select 'Mixer ' in Osc 1.
3. Close GUI.
4. Open GUI - Osc 1 now reads 'Phase'.

Expected behaviour?
Personally, I'd expect everything to be as I left it... :)

What is this new word "instantiating" ?

I do not own Zebra yet, but more than likely will soon. I despise dark screens. Very, very hard to work with. There's a reason back on Windows XP that Microsoft's default screen after installing the Operating System was that very pleasant greenish/blue color. Their expert testing showed that that color was easiest on the eyes for people who worked in offices and on their PCs all day long.

And I have to add as a request, and recent buyer of Repro, that it would be nice if when you double click a preset in the Windows Explorer window, that the particular synth that is open would simply load it then. Playing around with the Preset Browser method of the U-he synth is not intuitive.

Toddskins wrote:And I have to add as a request, and recent buyer of Repro, that it would be nice if when you double click a preset in the Windows Explorer window, that the particular synth that is open would simply load it then. Playing around with the Preset Browser method of the U-he synth is not intuitive.
That just won't work with the plugins being... plugins loaded into another program (and each DAW working differently, for that matter). So you can forget about that, and better get acquainted with the preset browser. It's really not that much different than Explorer.

JeeTee wrote:
karrikuh wrote:
Hmmm....

1. Open Zebra.
2. Select 'Mixer ' in Osc 1.
3. Close GUI.
4. Open GUI - Osc 1 now reads 'Phase'.

Expected behaviour?
Personally, I'd expect everything to be as I left it... :)

OK yeah, I can confirm that one.

EvilDragon wrote:OK yeah, I can confirm that one.
Yup, but afair this is not really a new bug, I think those (and a few other tabs in other modules) were never memorized.
I made an improvement ticket for this, so if there is enough time, someone will hopefully add memory parameters to those tabs (can't promise this though).
That QA guy from planet u-he.

Return to “u-he”