Login / Register 0 items | $0.00 New @ KVR
david.beholder
KVRian

1425 posts since 12 Sep, 2007

Postby david.beholder; Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:09 pm Re: Latest Builds: Zebra 2.8 *beta*

EDGEK8D wrote:In an article on AskAudio in June, 2017, they posted this picture and said Zebra3 was still at least a year away.

So Zebra 3 now requires Photoshop CC to run?
Image Murderous duck!
Sound Author
KVRian

554 posts since 8 Mar, 2008, from Crestview, Florida

Postby Sound Author; Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:00 pm Re: Latest Builds: Zebra 2.8 *beta*

Any word on when 2.8 will be out of beta?
mevla
KVRian

1135 posts since 3 Nov, 2015

Postby mevla; Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:24 pm Re: Latest Builds: Zebra 2.8 *beta*

Sound Author wrote:Any word on when 2.8 will be out of beta?

Saw your name there. ... Thanks for the "Night Lights" Hive sound set, quite amazing in dynamics and subtleties. I usually don't go for in-your-face IDM/EDM stuff, which is what Hive is more or less targeting, but this soundset can adapt to many sound scapes. Kudos.

Cheers.
JPTinAshland
KVRist

100 posts since 12 Sep, 2005

Postby JPTinAshland; Fri Feb 16, 2018 6:12 pm Re: Latest Builds: Zebra 2.8 *beta*

Has anyone noticed that when trying out the Zebra 2.8 beta, that it messes up the browser and the order of presets once you revert back to a 2.7.2 version ?

Also - the CPU usage on Zebra 2.8 is out of control. Can't believe it's so high.

Thanks for any input !

- JT
EvilDragon
KVRAF

16294 posts since 6 Jan, 2009, from Croatia

Postby EvilDragon; Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:36 pm Re: Latest Builds: Zebra 2.8 *beta*

That must be something with your system. I see no change in CPU usage in 2.8...
JPTinAshland
KVRist

100 posts since 12 Sep, 2005

Postby JPTinAshland; Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:37 am Re: Latest Builds: Zebra 2.8 *beta*

EvilDragon wrote:That must be something with your system. I see no change in CPU usage in 2.8...

Thanks for letting me know.
Howard
KVRAF

3534 posts since 23 May, 2004, from Bad Vilbel, Germany

Postby Howard; Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:05 am Re: Latest Builds: Zebra 2.8 *beta*

JPTinAshland wrote:Zebra 2.8 beta...messes up the browser and the order of presets

You're running High Sierra. Expect a fix in the next beta (will be available very soon, assuming there are no nasty showstoppers).
wackazong
KVRer

11 posts since 16 Mar, 2015

Postby wackazong; Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:22 am Re: Latest Builds: Zebra 2.8 *beta*

Hey, it seems to me that the problem with alphabetical sorting in High Sierra is not yet fixed for the MIDI Programs folder when using program change messages. Can you confirm that?

I used the following workaround: create a HFS disk image, put the presets in there and create a symbolic link to it from the /Library/Audio/Presets/u-he folder. That works. An Alias from the Finder will not do it.
Theturbinman
KVRist

32 posts since 11 Oct, 2015

Postby Theturbinman; Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:10 am Re: Latest Builds: Zebra 2.8 *beta*

wackazong wrote:Hey, it seems to me that the problem with alphabetical sorting in High Sierra is not yet fixed for the MIDI Programs folder when using program change messages. Can you confirm that?

I used the following workaround: create a HFS disk image, put the presets in there and create a symbolic link to it from the /Library/Audio/Presets/u-he folder. That works. An Alias from the Finder will not do it.

Hey is the hfs disk image fix for the long loading times with updating preset database on cold boot when u first open zebra?
tasmaniandevil
KVRist

458 posts since 22 Mar, 2005, from Germany

Postby tasmaniandevil; Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:08 am Re: Latest Builds: Zebra 2.8 *beta*

Theturbinman wrote:Hey is the hfs disk image fix for the long loading times with updating preset database on cold boot when u first open zebra?

The next Zebra2.8 beta will include a new 'scan on startup' preference, so users who experience too long loading times when opening the first instance of the plugin can disable this and run a refresh manually from the right-click menu in the browser when it's needed. There will also be a scan indicator displaying the progress of the database scan. And you can now already access presets while the scan is still in progress.
tasmaniandevil
KVRist

458 posts since 22 Mar, 2005, from Germany

Postby tasmaniandevil; Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:11 am Re: Latest Builds: Zebra 2.8 *beta*

wackazong wrote:Hey, it seems to me that the problem with alphabetical sorting in High Sierra is not yet fixed for the MIDI Programs folder when using program change messages. Can you confirm that?

Hey, thanks a lot, that's a very good find. :tu: I totally overlooked this. And during the tests I even found some more problems with the file sorting in High Sierra which we had overlooked until now. Will make a ticket in our bug-tracking system.
wackazong
KVRer

11 posts since 16 Mar, 2015

Postby wackazong; Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:04 am Re: Latest Builds: Zebra 2.8 *beta*

No, the fix is just to get the presets stored on a HFS volume. Could also speed up starting time but I did not check that.

Looking forward to the fix then!
Theturbinman
KVRist

32 posts since 11 Oct, 2015

Postby Theturbinman; Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:28 am Re: Latest Builds: Zebra 2.8 *beta*

wackazong wrote:No, the fix is just to get the presets stored on a HFS volume. Could also speed up starting time but I did not check that.

Looking forward to the fix then!

Awesome Thanks.

tasmaniandevil wrote:
Theturbinman wrote:Hey is the hfs disk image fix for the long loading times with updating preset database on cold boot when u first open zebra?

The next Zebra2.8 beta will include a new 'scan on startup' preference, so users who experience too long loading times when opening the first instance of the plugin can disable this and run a refresh manually from the right-click menu in the browser when it's needed. There will also be a scan indicator displaying the progress of the database scan. And you can now already access presets while the scan is still in progress.

Thank u my man i appreciate your reply and taking the time to get back to me brother :tu:
Sound Author
KVRian

Postby Sound Author; Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:59 pm Re: Latest Builds: Zebra 2.8 *beta*

mevla wrote:
Sound Author wrote:Any word on when 2.8 will be out of beta?

Saw your name there. ... Thanks for the "Night Lights" Hive sound set, quite amazing in dynamics and subtleties. I usually don't go for in-your-face IDM/EDM stuff, which is what Hive is more or less targeting, but this soundset can adapt to many sound scapes. Kudos.

Cheers.

Thanks so much, mevla! Haven't gotten much feedback on it so far, so that means a lot! :tu:
Sound Author
KVRian

Postby Sound Author; Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:05 pm Re: Latest Builds: Zebra 2.8 *beta*

I think I found a bug in Zebrify. FMO2's FM ModDepth knob is also controlling the FM Depth knob. DOH!

PreviousNext

Moderator: u-he Mods

Return to u-he