Login / Register 0 items | $0.00 New @ KVR
Erkenfresh
KVRist

226 posts since 31 Jan, 2013, from United States

Postby Erkenfresh; Mon Jan 01, 2018 9:03 pm Re: Filterscape?

Filterscape is a plugin I've demoed on more than two occasions. I play around with it some and come up with some wacky sounds, and I get very close to clicking that buy button. I have just about everything else U-he offers, why not? But, I never can seem to pull the trigger. I feel it probably wouldn't get much use in my arsenal. I seem to be able to do similar wacky stuff with the built-in effects and modulators of Bitwig, do I really need another? Reluctant yeees.... maybe... ehh no?

I think the GUI is a bit dated now. I think Fabfilter spoiled me with Pro-Q in terms of EQ plugins. I don't recall if Filterscape shows a spectrum analysis under the EQ curve, but I'm thinking it doesn't and that would be a huge value. It could definitely benefit from some additional filter models, like the ones used in Diva. I'd really like to see a Divine mode in Filterscape as well.

I know you all are busy making awesome products, but Filterscape 2.0 would be a welcome sight.
woodsdenis
KVRian

1475 posts since 24 Feb, 2005

Postby woodsdenis; Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:39 am Re: Filterscape?

Same as above, the only UHe plugin I don’t own. Still have it sitting there in demo mode and try it out again before the noise gets too bad. Great plugin but needs a serious GUI overall.Surely the dynamic Eq and synth are redundant now ? Why not at some stage split them up.
Last edited by woodsdenis on Thu Jan 04, 2018 7:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mac Pro
10.12.6 Digi 96 io
Cubase 9, Ableton Live 9.7, Bitwig 1.3
NullDevice
KVRer

12 posts since 9 Apr, 2001, from Madison

Postby NullDevice; Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:48 am Re: Filterscape?

Conversely, I'd love to see morphing filters like that built into Zebra or hell, even Diva, just so things could be triggered from envelopes. That's a HUGE ask, though, I realize. But a guy can dream, right?
Elevated_being
KVRist

213 posts since 30 Jan, 2014, from Denmark

Postby Elevated_being; Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:10 am Re: Filterscape?

I have a dream that filterscape 2 becomes a mix of the current filterscape and Cytomics the Drop.....
I can't lie to you about your chances, but... you have my sympathies.
bmrzycki
KVRAF

4055 posts since 11 Aug, 2006, from Austin, TX

Postby bmrzycki; Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:33 am Re: Filterscape?

NullDevice wrote:Conversely, I'd love to see morphing filters like that built into Zebra or hell, even Diva, just so things could be triggered from envelopes. That's a HUGE ask, though, I realize. But a guy can dream, right?

You might actually get that wish for Z3...

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 3#p6813559

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 3#p6813700
Feel free to call me Brian.
NullDevice
KVRer

12 posts since 9 Apr, 2001, from Madison

Postby NullDevice; Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:40 am Re: Filterscape?

EEP.
zerocrossing
KVRAF

9270 posts since 26 Jun, 2006, from San Francisco Bay Area

Postby zerocrossing; Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:56 am Re: Filterscape?

Erkenfresh wrote:Filterscape is a plugin I've demoed on more than two occasions. I play around with it some and come up with some wacky sounds, and I get very close to clicking that buy button. I have just about everything else U-he offers, why not? But, I never can seem to pull the trigger. I feel it probably wouldn't get much use in my arsenal. I seem to be able to do similar wacky stuff with the built-in effects and modulators of Bitwig, do I really need another? Reluctant yeees.... maybe... ehh no?

I think the GUI is a bit dated now. I think Fabfilter spoiled me with Pro-Q in terms of EQ plugins. I don't recall if Filterscape shows a spectrum analysis under the EQ curve, but I'm thinking it doesn't and that would be a huge value. It could definitely benefit from some additional filter models, like the ones used in Diva. I'd really like to see a Divine mode in Filterscape as well.

I know you all are busy making awesome products, but Filterscape 2.0 would be a welcome sight.

The GUI is dated... maybe not even good when it was first released, but that morphing filter! :love: You get used to the UI pretty quickly and once you do, it’s really a great plugin. I especially use the VA version. If they put that filter into Zebra 3, I’ll be a happy man.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~
Sampleconstruct
KVRAF

14091 posts since 12 Oct, 2008, from Here and there

Postby Sampleconstruct; Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:27 am Re: Filterscape?

One of my first commercial soundware releases 7 years ago was an expansion for Filterscape, a totally underrated can of sonic worms.

https://soundcloud.com/sampleconstruct/ ... collection
tech44
KVRist

156 posts since 4 Jun, 2004

Postby tech44; Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:59 am Re: Filterscape?

Urs wrote:....These don't bind as many resources as Hive or Repro or VST3/AAX/RE did, and we'll have the chance to rescue Filterscape from being a second class citizen in our product line....

Would you say MFM is in a similar position?
Urs
u-he

22355 posts since 7 Aug, 2002, from Berlin

Postby Urs; Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:07 am Re: Filterscape?

tech44 wrote:
Urs wrote:....These don't bind as many resources as Hive or Repro or VST3/AAX/RE did, and we'll have the chance to rescue Filterscape from being a second class citizen in our product line....

Certainly. But for MFM2 we already have new functionality implemented and revised UIs on the way. Just not in a state worth showing.
Elevated_being
KVRist

213 posts since 30 Jan, 2014, from Denmark

Postby Elevated_being; Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:09 am Re: Filterscape?

Urs wrote:
tech44 wrote:

Certainly. But for MFM2 we already have new functionality implemented and revised UIs on the way. Just not in a state worth showing.

Any screenshots to share? :D

*Edit

Ahh, I was to fast, didn't see the "Just not in a state worth showing" part :(
I can't lie to you about your chances, but... you have my sympathies.
medienhexer
KVRian

688 posts since 16 May, 2007, from At home. Good bye city ways!

Postby medienhexer; Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:53 am Re: Filterscape?

I‘m hoping for the best.

The new Zebra GUI made such a difference for my understanding of the instrument. I feel pretty stupid now for not getting it before - it‘s so easy.

The previous iterarion of the Zebra GUI was probably fine for any serious synthesist but it kept me from experimenting and well within the Preset zone. I just couldn’t see what was going on. Can’t even put my finger on what is better now except colors and shapes. But I would just not find stuff.

And that was probably one or two iterations ahead of Filterscape. So you can imagine how confident I am with navigating the latter :-)

If I could have simular improvements in Filterscape and MFM2, I would spend way less time skipping through presets and so much more time experimenting.
..off to play with my music toys - personal music endeavors, as well as library music production.
http://www.medienhexer.de
Previous

Moderator: u-he Mods

Return to u-he