Bazille Oscillator in VCVRack?

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I don't suppose there is any chance that you would consider porting Bazille's oscillator to VCVRack Urs? As a commercial module of course.

Or for that matter, build anything else for VCVRack?

lnikj wrote:I don't suppose there is any chance that you would consider porting Bazille's oscillator to VCVRack Urs? As a commercial module of course.

Or for that matter, build anything else for VCVRack?
Depends.

On? Bad memories of the early days of Reason Rack Expansions?

Or is that the 'Zen' answer Sensei? :wink:

lnikj wrote:On? Bad memories of the early days of Reason Rack Expansions?

Or is that the 'Zen' answer Sensei? :wink:
There are loads of options for conditional variables in this case. For instance, whether or not we build a Bazille oscillator for Eurorack. Whether or not we find VCVRack suitable for prototyping (but it seems that we can hold our prototypes in our hands quicker than we could ever create a VCVR module). And all of that depends on how our (very cautiously planned) impact will be, if any.

I didn't realise that you were considering a move into hardware. Interesting. Michael Hetrick seems to have been able to port his some of Unfiltered Audio stuff (released yesterday) fairly quickly but I don't know how difficult that was, not being a dev.

Don't forget those of us who will never be able to smuggle any hardware into our houses though without the spouse noticing ;)

Cheers.

lnikj wrote:Don't forget those of us who will never be able to smuggle any hardware into our houses though without the spouse noticing ;)
I use my business as an excuse to buy, well, a lot. I use our babysteps into hardware to build modules that I miss, either because they don't exist or because the ones existing don't do it for me.

lnikj wrote:I didn't realise that you were considering a move into hardware. Interesting. Michael Hetrick seems to have been able to port his some of Unfiltered Audio stuff (released yesterday) fairly quickly but I don't know how difficult that was, not being a dev.

Don't forget those of us who will never be able to smuggle any hardware into our houses though without the spouse noticing ;)

Cheers.
I´m a bit scared about that too. If hardware would work better in the future for U-he i could understand that but at the same time i would think if they want to sell hardware they won´t give us cheap software which sounds as good then maybe anymore and that would make me left U-he as customer in a heartbeat (dramatized).
Alone the possible mention of it makes me nervous and let me look at other software developers :hihi:

No worries, our software won't go away.

Urs wrote:No worries, our software won't go away.
:hail:

Urs wrote: I use my business as an excuse to buy, well, a lot. I use our babysteps into hardware to build modules that I miss, either because they don't exist or because the ones existing don't do it for me.
- I can totally relate to that.

I have been tinkering with VCV Rack since the big press release around Sept. It is showing promise and not even at v1 yet. I would think the VST wrapper they have been promising might be timed to release around NAMM opening this year which will blow up its user base.

The part that kept me from even investigating development is how fast the market was flooded by huge sets of rack modules both free and not. At this time I find it hard to assess quality, or even know where to begin comparing modules. I would like to know who is basically repackaging the open source modules with a new face plate. The bar for entry right now seems a little low. The law of the Jungle should take care of that in time.

This has nothing to do with U-he of course, I just find that market scary to get involved in until it calms down.

My imagination is headed towards merging software and Analog CV, I think that is where the art is.. at least right now.

This very much got my attention as far as software and hardware

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03iE-g2LjHw

Return to “u-he”