Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 New @ KVR
legowiggle
KVRer

1 post since 4 Dec, 2017

Postby legowiggle; Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:54 pm Repro5 effects in Repro 1

Is there any chance of this ever happening? Jaws is nice but it's not exactly an all rounder and I think the distortion and saturation in repro 5 is really really nice and I would love to have it in repro 1 too.
electro
KVRAF

4238 posts since 5 May, 2002

Postby electro; Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:39 pm Re: Repro5 effects in Repro 1

FX don't really belong on synths, especially emulations of old Analogs. We have VSTHosts for chaining effects to synths then also look into creative tools like DDMF Metaplugin. Better to have that specific flavor of distortion available in a separate U-he VST effect than to go tinkering with Repro. Try Cytomic's Scream which has a powerful tweaks page

https://cytomic.com/index.php?q=scream
Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM
EvilDragon
KVRAF

15448 posts since 6 Jan, 2009, from Croatia

Postby EvilDragon; Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:46 pm Re: Repro5 effects in Repro 1

electro wrote:FX don't really belong on synths, especially emulations of old Analogs.

Completely disagreed. FX can be a powerful addition to a patch, and dealing with that in the host, while certainly possible, makes it more complicated, when you can have FX stored with a patch. Thankfully Repros have pretty great FX onboard.
c_bomb
KVRist

219 posts since 3 Apr, 2012, from Melbourne

Postby c_bomb; Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:16 am Re: Repro5 effects in Repro 1

Yep, throw the saturator into Repro 1 please!
AnX
KVRAF

2322 posts since 17 Nov, 2015

Postby AnX; Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:45 am Re: Repro5 effects in Repro 1

EvilDragon wrote:
electro wrote:FX don't really belong on synths, especially emulations of old Analogs.

Completely disagreed. FX can be a powerful addition to a patch, and dealing with that in the host, while certainly possible, makes it more complicated, when you can have FX stored with a patch. Thankfully Repros have pretty great FX onboard.

Why would you store fx with a patch*, the fx chain in the project is saved with the song, same thing.

*Ppl who make banks ALWAYS drench sounds in fx making them useless
EvilDragon
KVRAF

Postby EvilDragon; Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:48 am Re: Repro5 effects in Repro 1

Not the same thing at all. Nevermind.
AnX
KVRAF

Postby AnX; Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:06 am Re: Repro5 effects in Repro 1

Yes it is. You can add any fx you like in the host and they are saved with thr project either as part of the song or as a template etc. No need for fx built into a synth. They are only there to sell the sound in the factory banks, usually compensating for something.
EvilDragon
KVRAF

Postby EvilDragon; Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:24 am Re: Repro5 effects in Repro 1

I disagree. You don't get an effect like Jaws in a DAW, not the same by any margin.
AnX
KVRAF

Postby AnX; Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:59 am Re: Repro5 effects in Repro 1

In a host, maybe not, i dont use every host, but certainly 3rd party.
Urs
u-he

21753 posts since 7 Aug, 2002, from Berlin

Postby Urs; Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:20 am Re: Repro5 effects in Repro 1

I kind of knew the topic would come up :cry:

Glad it took almost a month :clown:

The Gist: JAWS is more gutsie than R5 distortion, but it uses a lot more CPU. Hence it didn't go to R5 per voice. As R5 wouldn't have a pleasing poly distortion, we took the best pleasing poly distortion we have (Satin) and added it. R1 in our view does not need a distortion which is pleasing on poly, it just needs one with guts.
Echoes in the Attic
KVRAF

5627 posts since 12 May, 2008

Postby Echoes in the Attic; Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:51 am Re: Repro5 effects in Repro 1

Besides, R5 can be used in mono anyways, so good enough I would think if you really want the R5 effects in mono.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit. Once I have something clever, I will certainly fill it in.
Cinebient
KVRAF

3031 posts since 16 Nov, 2014

Postby Cinebient; Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:57 am Re: Repro5 effects in Repro 1

As there would be ever an analog synth used without FX or amplifier on top :clown:
FX belong to a good synth these days. You can modulate them, sometimes even at audio rate (not in Repro).
And if the FX are really good, why not. But for purists....there is a FX button to turn that off :wink:
electro
KVRAF

4238 posts since 5 May, 2002

Postby electro; Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:16 pm Re: Repro5 effects in Repro 1

Nothing could be worse than a commercial synth bank drenched in FX. The Good thing about U-he synths is its easy to be permanently rid of onboard FX.
AnX wrote:
EvilDragon wrote:

Why would you store fx with a patch*, the fx chain in the project is saved with the song, same thing.

*Ppl who make banks ALWAYS drench sounds in fx making them useless
Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM
EvilDragon
KVRAF

Postby EvilDragon; Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:37 pm Re: Repro5 effects in Repro 1

If those FX are good and well programmed, I see no issues there.
AnX
KVRAF

Postby AnX; Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:56 pm Re: Repro5 effects in Repro 1

If.... :P
Next

Moderator: u-he Mods

Return to u-he