Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 New @ KVR
80 posts since 17 Dec, 2009

Postby Ploki; Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:39 am Re: Hive redesign?

Gotta say (having searched in hexagon thread)

Hive as it looks now in my opinion complements the sound best. All the GUI pics in the hexagon thread give me a different vibe
134 posts since 11 Aug, 2016

Postby re23071998; Sun Jan 28, 2018 7:59 pm Re: Hive redesign?

I love module placement from this skin http://i.imgur.com/p14ZUdI.jpg but with some changes.
like fx and mod matrix on different tab. like this https://imgur.com/a/11ArL (my dirty gimp works LOL )
and also easy modulation like plugmon skins. http://plugmon.org/con808/images/zebra/ ... by_how.png

106 posts since 21 Nov, 2017

Postby nichttuntun; Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:25 am Re: Hive redesign?

there are some nice skins...although I think HIVEs original blue and orange beehive design is so much special and intuitive, I really don´t see the necessity to change.

I think the bright light grey design looks too much like a bigger version of a TB303 and for my that doesn´t represent the character and the possibilities of HIVE at all ;)

146 posts since 19 Nov, 2017, from Los Angeles

Postby dlarseninclusive; Thu Mar 08, 2018 12:07 pm Re: Hive redesign?

I would agree with the look as it is, is solid. Hive looks and sounds like the future, more than the past. (I have also been watching Dan's videos on repeat every night for about a week so I am pretty locked into it right now) The look and character would fit right for the band playing at a 'Belter' bar on 'The Expanse'.
557 posts since 29 Mar, 2014

Postby dangayle; Thu Mar 08, 2018 4:08 pm Re: Hive redesign?

recursive one wrote:On topic, this UI is absolutely gorgeous but for the Italic font

Agreed 100%
106 posts since 21 Nov, 2017

Postby nichttuntun; Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:55 am Re: Hive redesign?

I really hope - no matter what new skins there will be out there - the user will always have the possibility to stay with the original skin design - which already perfect surround HIVEs inside.

I get the feeling that all those new skins try to aim towards certain real synth layout and disign out there and that doesn´t feel quite fitting to me because HIVE is HIVE and not a Roland/Moog/whatnot hybrid or something like this. It´s HIVE and I can´t imagine a more suitable skin like the original one.

I really hope that goes into consideration at U-hes tec-lab-graphic-design-appartment :)

144 posts since 29 Jan, 2015

Postby hihu; Fri Mar 09, 2018 3:18 am Re: Hive redesign?

I think the actual interface is very nice. It's also very clear how the routing is working.
There are a lot of new interfaces shown but I think they are aimed towards to more advanced synth users and sound designers with lots of controls added to the interface.

But what I like about Hive that it's a very good sounding synth and it's very straightforward to create a sound.
Especially for me as a beginner in sound design it's very easy to create some good sounding results whereas in other synths I have always struggle to get something "out" of it.

Hope the old workflow will remain like it is.

Moderator: u-he Mods

Return to u-he