Latest Builds: Diva 1.4.3 (beta)

Official support for: u-he.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

EvilDragon wrote:Those sorts of cases have been extremely rare with u-he. I wouldn't worry so much.

There doesn't seem to be any change in tags as they are now.
You're right. I'm being overly cautious here.

/C
ANALOG DEEP HOUSE 2 for U-HE DIVA
HARDWARE SAMPLER FANATIC - Akai S1100/S950/Z8 - Casio FZ20m - Emu Emax I - Ensoniq ASR10/EPS

double post -- deleted

The "registered to..." info in the preset title area won't display the 'Umlaut' in my name anymore?!?! ;-)
Listen to STROMFIRE on YouTube:
Stromfire - Schoolyard Days
My bygones on YouTube:
DMOC - Lost Inside Myself - Aram Chaos - These Things About You

Stromfire wrote:The "registered to..." info in the preset title area won't display the 'Umlaut' in my name anymore?!?! ;-)
Hmm, weird, it definitely should.
The old versions were not able to display Umlauts in the user name.
But we switched the registration system to UTF-8, and this should now work.
I just tested it again with Diva revision 7114 and some user names which contain Umlauts, they all show up fine.

Update: Okeydokey, found the bug. Was a stupid oversight of me when I tested the UTF-8 support for user names.
That QA guy from planet u-he.

tasmaniandevil wrote:
dermage wrote:I can save this preset for you and send it to you later.
Yes, this would be great. You can send it to support @ u-he dot com, if you don't want to post it here.
Tried it, but couldn't reproduce the problem yet, so a preset would certainly help a lot.
today i had this problem again. on a completely different project. i was moving the cutoff parameter in ableton live 10.0.2b7 and suddenly around the center value it clicked and Diva again put out the subsonic noise.

dermage wrote:today i had this problem again. on a completely different project. i was moving the cutoff parameter in ableton live 10.0.2b7 and suddenly around the center value it clicked and Diva again put out the subsonic noise.
We had tested it with the preset you had supplied but were not able to reproduce the issue yet.
We will have to do a deeper investigation of the issue to find out what's causing it.
It's definitely not forgotten, there was simply not enough time to dig deeper. But we'll find the issue, I'm sure.
That QA guy from planet u-he.

Soarer wrote:I had really hoped for a Stepped arpeggiator... :neutral:
Hope it won't take too long.
Had hoped for a new filter model....

Just kidding, or not... :clown:

tasmaniandevil wrote:
dermage wrote:today i had this problem again. on a completely different project. i was moving the cutoff parameter in ableton live 10.0.2b7 and suddenly around the center value it clicked and Diva again put out the subsonic noise.
We had tested it with the preset you had supplied but were not able to reproduce the issue yet.
We will have to do a deeper investigation of the issue to find out what's causing it.
It's definitely not forgotten, there was simply not enough time to dig deeper. But we'll find the issue, I'm sure.
yes i understand. just wanted to report it's also happening with 1.4.3 (forgot to mention that).
it's really not happening often, but in totally different situations.

Thrilled about the +/-48 pitchbend... playing Diva with my Seaboard 49 right now! Are there instructions anywhere for MPE config for Diva? I can't figure out how to split the voices to separate MIDI channels.
"I don't need a signature, do I?"

You don't need to do anything, Diva automatically recognizes notes coming from whichever MIDI channel. Just set CC #74 in preferences and off you go.

Ah! Thanks, my friend... I literally just found it in the user guide before I came back to check here, and realized my Seaboard was in mono mode, which I in my haste to try this out forgot to check. Whoops! I'm absolutely thrilled at what this opens up! Got the CC74 stuff figured out, too.

I really have to give Urs & company some love here: this has to be one of, if not THE best audio software companies on the planet: the degree to which you listen and respond to the community, the transparency, the lack of bullshit PR... it's all wonderfully refreshing, and these instruments are just beyond thrilling!

I sent back a REV2 recently due to hanging notes crashing the OS on two units in a row (bought a Peak and Montage 6 instead--yay 8 op FM), and I honestly don't miss it, because I spent an evening A/B-ing it with Repro, and I have to say, some of the available filters on Repro sounded, well, objectively better, and I actually really like the Curtis filters on the REV2.

What you all have accomplished is simply astonishing, and you should be very proud.

OK, next question: how would I assign poly pressure to cutoff for individual notes and not the cutoff knob itself, which I can do with the Pressure source directly or ADD mofication? I'm scratching my head on this; it's probably something simple I'm not seeing... any pointers appreciated! The issue is that the values are competing and making it sound kinda like a S/H modulator, rather than individual cutoff values for each note. Is there a way around this?

DrWashington wrote:OK, next question: how would I assign poly pressure to cutoff for individual notes and not the cutoff knob itself, which I can do with the Pressure source directly or ADD mofication? I'm scratching my head on this; it's probably something simple I'm not seeing... any pointers appreciated! The issue is that the values are competing and making it sound kinda like a S/H modulator, rather than individual cutoff values for each note. Is there a way around this?
I think you need to send polyphonic aftertouch, not multi-channel pressure (or whatever it's called), but I'm no Seaboard expert. PolyAT should work fine - just modulate the Cutoff knob with pressure: The filter of each voice will get its own individual offset. Works here with my CME Xkey. Not sure whether the Seaboard can send PolyAT.

Thanks, Howard... but, I've tried everything, and no dice. I think the Seaboard is just set up to send aftertouch per-channel (this is it's default MPE mode, which I need to use to be able to do the pitch slides for which it is known). There's no way I can tell to get it to send MPE. If u-he were to get a Seaboard and make sure your instruments work with them out-of-the-box, that would be a HUGE thing for me, and I'm sure many others.

So, I can do everything now with Diva but true poly-aftertouch. Drat!

FWIW, the Roli Dashboard reports that polyphonic aftertouch (not to be confused with poly pressure, apparently) is working just fine, and their built in Equator synth is not suffering the same, competing parameter changes as Diva.

So, in order to accommodate these new MPE instruments, I think Diva has to support per-channel aftertouch. Urs, can you please make this happen? This would be such a huge deal for me! I would use it all the time!

OK, I figured out that you can turn off MPE in the Roli Dashboard; then, you can select "Poly Aftertouch" as the "Press Mode" instead of "Channel Pressure". That works!

However, I realized that notes are bending relative to one another and not independently, as the are with Equator. In other words, if I'm playing a C major chord and start to spread my outermost fingers apart, I'd expect the chord to fall apart. It doesn't: it picks one finger and moves the entire chord relationship, so there are the exact same numbers of semitones between notes, like the whole chord is bending.

Return to “u-he”