Login / Register 0 items | $0.00 New @ KVR
mevla
KVRian

1135 posts since 3 Nov, 2015

Postby mevla; Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:04 am Phase-4 and u-he ?

Is there any u-he technology behind's Bitwig new Phase-4 synth ? Just asking.
operator
KVRist

138 posts since 6 Jan, 2015, from Austria

Postby operator; Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:18 am Re: Phase-4 and u-he ?

mevla wrote:Is there any u-he technology behind's Bitwig new Phase-4 synth ? Just asking.

or Delay-4 (MFM2)... but i don´t think so... i think the Bitwig Guys just know what GOOD is... this was the point of creating an alternative to Live anyway...

the only thing i could imagine is that the Wigs admire u-he´s work the same way we do...

by the way... boy i´m i lucky to be on the bitwig train... phase-4 is much more appealing than this wavetable synth from ableton...

:clap: :clap: :clap:
pdxindy
KVRAF

13232 posts since 2 Feb, 2005, from in the wilds

Postby pdxindy; Thu Mar 08, 2018 12:24 pm Re: Phase-4 and u-he ?

Phase-4 is an excellent synth! Powerful and easy to use and a pleasing sound quality. I've been using it a lot.
EvilDragon
KVRAF

16294 posts since 6 Jan, 2009, from Croatia

Postby EvilDragon; Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:06 pm Re: Phase-4 and u-he ?

Yes, Bazille. Has both phase modulation and phase distortion.
pdxindy
KVRAF

13232 posts since 2 Feb, 2005, from in the wilds

Postby pdxindy; Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:29 pm Re: Phase-4 and u-he ?

One of the powerful features of Phase-4 is the Bitwig modulation system. Because it is a Bitwig instrument, the modulation can be polyphonic. So for example, one can use voice stacking, add an LFO and modulate a parameter with the LFO per voice and then use the voice stacking to offset the phase of each LFO voice. It's incredibly flexible and yet easy to use. It's an unlimited polyphonic modulation system that is easier to use than the mod matrix in a variety of synths.

Since MPE is voice per midi channel, it is my fantasy that the modulators will eventually be able to be polyphonic for VST's that support MPE (for example the u-he synths!!).
mevla
KVRian

1135 posts since 3 Nov, 2015

Postby mevla; Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:10 pm Re: Phase-4 and u-he ?

EvilDragon wrote:Yes, Bazille. Has both phase modulation and phase distortion.

That's what I was kind of thinking of. Although PD and PM are common techniques, it's the recent Bitwig/u-he association (offer for customers) that perhaps also had some other collaboration since it would make sense to offload the (or some of the) features of a nice synth to people who actually are excellent at doing it.

Let's see if sound designers will come up with soundsets for Phase-4.

pdxindy: good idea that, of distinct modulations per voice.

Moderator: u-he Mods

Return to u-he