New u-he Website - preview & testing

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

hello urs! I think it's good that now you will be informed about updates clear (best updates also post on facebook, would be great) thank you
Last edited by hihat on Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

synth_punk wrote:Would also include Dark Zebra under Synths.
Hehehe, that would encourage even more people to think that TDZ is a synth on its own, not an add on to Zebra2. Despite all hints, warnings and signs, we still get people who buy TDZ when they don't have Z2.

Looks very nice.

Two small things (I am on Win 10 / 64 Bit / Chrome 66):

1 - When I click on any navigation element in the top nav bar, the whole nav bar sub menus open up for a split second as the new page is loaded. That should probably be suppressed.

2 - I would suggest that hovering over a top nav bar element that also has sub-menus, the sub-menu should open automatically. And clicking on the top level nav bar text should open the main sub page. At the moment only clicking on the the nav element arrow opens the menu and a nav element text click opens the main sub page.

Very nice! I find that the headings of each section a bit too tall and take too much space on my computer but this is completely subjective of course:

It's definitely an improvement :)
And Linux download links!! :D :D

Nice site update!

https://getpublii.com/blog/newsletter-o ... iance.html

I'm also adapting as soon as possible. 20 million EUR fine does not sound good :hihi:

discoDSP wrote:Nice site update!

https://getpublii.com/blog/newsletter-o ... iance.html

I'm also adapting as soon as possible. 20 million EUR fine does not sound good :hihi:

Not yet. It's on the list.
The GDPR enforcement starts May 25, 2018, so we have a little time to finish. :)

:tu:

It's so huge. I'm at a desktop, not a mobile device.
Large fonts, massive unused spaces/padding.

Also without javascript it shows 3 items in your shopping cart by default.

It's fine even on desktop. It shouldn't be crammed either way, the way it is now it allows taking in information in a consistent manner, without overly saturating your field of view with a ton of text.

You know what's massive unused spaces/padding? THIS.

Mace404 wrote:without javascript it shows 3 items in your shopping cart by default.
Can you explain a bit more in-depth what you did to make that happen?

Our JavaScript lets your browser store the contents of your cart, and when your browser visits our page again it checks your browser for items that were previously stored in your cart.

With JavaScript disabled, the entire page should be without functionality, since most of the menus and a lot of the content rely on JavaScript. Also, if JavaScript were totally disabled, the page wouldn't be able to find any previous cart items in your browser and they wouldn't be added to your cart.
Cheers
Rob
u-he | Support | FAQ | Patch Library

Hmm you guys should consider reviewing some gfx to be retina compatible.

Right now in my iPhone u-he logo, shopping cart icon, secure checkout icon and social icons at the bottom page are 1x only.

EULA text size is smaller than Imprint and Privacy Policy.

Twitter box should not scroll inside the iframe for better navigation.

Share-it checkout page should get retina for some elements too like Norton Digicert and SSL connection images. Feel free to get a SVG I worked in for our shop https://dxezhqhj7t42i.cloudfront.net/30 ... e_seal.svg

Well, I’m probably going to be crucified for this, but the new page feels too much like “UHe Incorporated”.

Now don’t get me wrong, I support UHe, own eight or so products, and I understand new security rules present an opportunity to change the web design. I’m also reputed to resist change.

I would like to see larger representation of the product GUI, and maybe a better tease description of each respective product before linking to the actual product page. And, uh, ‘the about us’ page looks like a legal or real estate firm.

As I stated, I am fully vested in UHe products and totally understand the need to upgrade the site. But, honestly, my very first reaction was “ Ooh it’s so clean! Wait, where’s my account , and where ZebraHZ”. Of course I found them, but a bit too slick for my taste.

Let the pummeling commence!

AF

QLNE wrote:Let the pummeling commence!
:smack:

#rob wrote:
Mace404 wrote:without javascript it shows 3 items in your shopping cart by default.
Can you explain a bit more in-depth what you did to make that happen?

Our JavaScript lets your browser store the contents of your cart, and when your browser visits our page again it checks your browser for items that were previously stored in your cart.

With JavaScript disabled, the entire page should be without functionality, since most of the menus and a lot of the content rely on JavaScript. Also, if JavaScript were totally disabled, the page wouldn't be able to find any previous cart items in your browser and they wouldn't be added to your cart.
I'm using uBlock to block all site scripts by default (and enable those for sites I want too/visit often)
I added a screenshot of how the site opens with scripts disabled. Normally I would expect stuff like menu's not functioning and as like with your site, all menu's expanded.
But what also happens is that the cart 'popup' is extended (like expected) but that there are also 3 items listed.
After enabling inline and scripts for domain u-he.com everything looks fine, also with the (now emtpy) cart.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thank you everyone so far for the testing and feedback. We appreciate the comments and bug finding.

I will upload a new version of the site a bit later today. We haven't addressed everything that has come up in the thread... it's either still "to do" or under discussion.

Keep it coming and no pummellings for speaking up. :)

- Michael

Return to “u-he”