New u-he Website - preview & testing

Official support for: u-he.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

discoDSP wrote:Hmm you guys should consider reviewing some gfx to be retina compatible.
Yes, it is on the list to deal with, but something we will tackle after the initial launch.

Mace404 wrote: But what also happens is that the cart 'popup' is extended (like expected) but that there are also 3 items listed.
After enabling inline and scripts for domain u-he.com everything looks fine, also with the (now emtpy) cart.
Looks like there was a bit of HTML left over from the templating stage. When active, the javascript clears these contents and then adds new items as it they are added to the cart (Rob can probably give a better technical explanation). Without javascript these pieces of HTML cruft show up.

We have removed them, so should be empty all the time now (once the new files are uploaded to the preview domain).

- Michael

On the old Zebra page the 'Stellar Features' picture had orange stars that you could hover over to actually see what the other tabs/panels like Perform and Patches look like. But on the new page you have those beige spots and you only get text bubbles when you cursor over them. I had to look twice to see WTF the dots were...they kind of look like smallpox :hihi: The old orange stars are much better for this purpose...and bring back the interactive panels as well, no? Oh and the old Zebra skin looks way better than the new one. :D
:hyper: M O N O S Y N T H S F O R E V E R :hyper:

The site works well on Microsoft Edge as well, BTW. FWIW. :)

Howard wrote:
QLNE wrote:Let the pummeling commence!
:smack:
Oh Howard finally finds an opportunity to use his favourite emoji. :wheee:

spunkmuffin wrote:On the old Zebra page the 'Stellar Features' picture had orange stars that you could hover over to actually see what the other tabs/panels like Perform and Patches look like. But on the new page you have those beige spots and you only get text bubbles when you cursor over them.
It will come at some point. Not for v1, but I have it on my to-do list and when all the more pressing matters (like databases and laws and so on) have been dealt with, I can get back to the eye candy. :)
spunkmuffin wrote:I had to look twice to see WTF the dots were...
They did pulse every couple of seconds at some point, to signal that they're there, where they are, and that interaction is possible. But during my away time over Easter, that functionality has miraculously disappeared from the page. No clue who did it or why. Nobody seems to know. :shrug:
chk071 wrote:The site works well on Microsoft Edge
Yup, should also work well on IE8+, no clue about earlier versions.
Oh what a PITA it was to get it to that point...
Cheers
Rob
u-he | Support | FAQ | Patch Library

Hehe, from a site i once made i know how the different browsers "interpret" the code in different ways sometimes. ;)

Web site preview updated to latest render.

Among the bugs that were squashed:
- broken SSL because sounds loaded off non HTTPS CDN
- menu hamburger icon (in narrow view) now works
- no items in cart if JS disabled in browser
- individual product links in All Synths bundle fixed
Last edited by #rob on Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cheers
Rob

spunkmuffin wrote:You guys probably know this but for me the Ace price is displayed in Euros (€69) while everything else shows up in dollars $.
It's always been like that, Dark Zebra is also in Euros. "For reasons."
Will be addressed sometime in the future.
spunkmuffin wrote:On the Tyrell page there is no link to the English manual.
Talk to the Amazona guys. :)
spunkmuffin wrote:'Latest Builds' link, 'View all user guides'
Will be handled.
synth_punk wrote:Would also include Dark Zebra under Synths.
The Dark Zebra is a soundset. The included plugin is just an add-on/replacement for Zebra2, it's not (license-wise) a standalone product. You wouldn't believe how many people don't get that, despite all the mentions and even calling it a "soundset" in the Share-It cart... *sigh* Nah, categorizing it as a synth would just, let's say, add to the confusion. ;)
finetrees wrote:click on any navigation element in the top nav bar, the whole nav bar sub menus open up for a split second as the new page is loaded.
Could you describe this more in-depth? Maybe upload a screenshot? (Feel free to send an email to support)
finetrees wrote:hovering over a top nav bar element that also has sub-menus, the sub-menu should open automatically.
Depends. Personally, I find it (not so) mildly annoying if I move my mouse over a page and stuff automatically starts happening all over the place. And don't forget the mass of users visiting the page with touch devices, if the mouse-over event does what clicking should actually do... how would a user with a touch device do a mouse-over? :)
discoDSP wrote:Sign up for the u-he newsletter form does not comply with GDPR.
GDPR is not effective yet. We're informed and already aware of/obsessed with the matter of 'consent' in the background, but let's first get things to work at all. It will be addressed, we will be compliant.
Mace404 wrote:without javascript it shows 3 items in your shopping cart by default.
Mace404 wrote:I'm using uBlock to block all site scripts by default
Thanks for pointing that out, the 3 dead items have been removed, should no longer be visible.
As for the weird looks, well obviously, if you disable all JavaScripts a page tries to execute, then you have to be prepared for things to not work as expected. :)
Could you check in uBlock (it's possible) which scripts exactly it blocks? And could you look into your browser's JS console to see what errors there are? The screenshot is clearly a result of missing functionality, caused by not-executed/blocked JS.
EvilDragon wrote:You know what's massive unused spaces/padding? THIS.
Attraction and decadence often go hand in hand. ;)
discoDSP wrote:retina compatible, EULA text size is smaller than Imprint and Privacy Policy, Twitter box should not scroll inside the iframe
No show-stoppers since it's looks and not mechanics, but noted. :tu:
discoDSP wrote:Share-it checkout page should get retina for some elements too
I don't know if we're able to customize it that much, we'll have to see when the worst part (functionality, laws, etc.) is over. Also not a show-stopper, but noted.
Cheers
Rob

BTW, when opening the products menu, it would be nice if it closed if you clicked outside of the popup window it opens. Not only if you click on X Close or again on the menu button.

#rob wrote:
spunkmuffin wrote:On the Tyrell page there is no link to the English manual.
Talk to the Amazona guys. :)
Image Ah ok, here's the link if anybody wants it. :wink: Image

It works well - Ich bin zufrieden.

Holy RING MODULATOR Batman! New site looks terrific

EvilDragon wrote:BTW, when opening the products menu, it would be nice if it closed if you clicked outside of the popup window it opens. Not only if you click on X Close or again on the menu button.
+1

Wow, the new site looks really good. I particularly like the new PatchLib. Much clearer than the previous one.

I do not know if this was mentioned. But if you filter in the PatchLib for a synth (Zebra, Hive, etc.), then the same diva set is always displayed first.

Return to “u-he”