New u-he Website - preview & testing

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

ligthlive wrote:Wow, the new site looks really good. I particularly like the new PatchLib. Much clearer than the previous one.

I do not know if this was mentioned. But if you filter in the PatchLib for a synth (Zebra, Hive, etc.), then the same diva set is always displayed first.

Yes, that is intentional, it is supposed to act as a "featured item" callout. But it might need a little reworking / improvement.

- Michael

m_d_p wrote:
ligthlive wrote:Wow, the new site looks really good. I particularly like the new PatchLib. Much clearer than the previous one.

I do not know if this was mentioned. But if you filter in the PatchLib for a synth (Zebra, Hive, etc.), then the same diva set is always displayed first.

Yes, that is intentional, it is supposed to act as a "featured item" callout. But it might need a little reworking / improvement.

- Michael
Ah ok, so it's ok As a revision, a word "Feature" might be sufficient. :)

Here is my suggestion for the PatchLib: showing the date when a new entry is made. Very often I will be looking at the free patches and think, "did I download that one yet?"
You can hear my original music at this link: https://www.soundclick.com/artist/defau ... dID=224436

+1

How do you get to the PatchLib?

Also - when I click on a heading the dropdown appears for a split second and then goes away. (MacBook Air - OSX Yosemite).

ontrackp wrote:How do you get to the PatchLib?
bottom navigation, soundset section of front page and PatchLib section of support page

However, we decided to place it more prominently once it's fully migrated (afaik it isn't 100% complete yet, gotta ask Michael tomorrow)

aaron aardvark wrote:Here is my suggestion for the PatchLib: showing the date when a new entry is made. Very often I will be looking at the free patches and think, "did I download that one yet?"
+1

looks pretty neat and works fine on the chromium based vivaldi 64bit browser.

"...enter your email address below and our system will this information and send it to you."

grammar sounds a bit off^^ and i don´t know how long it takes for your system to send the account info to the email address^^, but its more than 5mins for sure^^
other than that, looks all good to go.

anttimaatteri wrote:
"...enter your email address below and our system will this information and send it to you."

grammar sounds a bit off^^
yea.. "...our system will *find* this information.." maybe

anttimaatteri wrote:looks pretty neat and works fine on the chromium based vivaldi 64bit browser.

grammar sounds a bit off^^ and i don´t know how long it takes for your system to send the account info to the email address^^, but its more than 5mins for sure^^
other than that, looks all good to go.
Thanks for spotting! Not sure if this is a dummy form, or maybe it's even being worked on atm...

If all goes well I think we're going live on Wednesday.

.maki wrote:
anttimaatteri wrote:

or "collect"

but it works!
5 to 10mins to get that info is pretty much ok i say.

anttimaatteri wrote:
.maki wrote:
anttimaatteri wrote:

or "collect"

but it works!
5 to 10mins to get that info is pretty much ok i say.
It has the advantage that no user data needs to be stored on a webserver. All it does is store "hey, a user with this super-hashed email address wants his stuff" for up to 10 minutes or so. Our closed system picks that up, checks if a user with an email which results the same hash exists and reacts accordingly.

quite clever, also for DSGVO compliance i guess.

.maki wrote:quite clever, also for DSGVO compliance i guess.
Yes, that too.

My two cents: I like the overall structure. I find the brando font a bit ugly, it does not look very modern, so does not fit to the topic software. You can retina everything very simply by using the double/even more sized image and then scale it down using css. Shadows look cheap on images, because it adds some weird pseudo depth into the image. Real modern design uses zero shadow and zero outline, it works with surfaces instead. I wouldn't add a gap between top menu and content, and there are shadows :C Remove the shadows. Instead you can add a veeeeery slight repeating transition to the background, barely noticeable. It will add some slight shininess. The menu could stick on the top, and at start being located below the teaser, see imgur link below. The footer looks great. Except the "Sign up for the u-he newsletter:" left next to the input field. Put it on the top or remove it.

https://imgur.com/a/jzKLCnr

Return to “u-he”