Zebra HZ v2.8 update. Any ETA yet?

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

#rob wrote:Yes, ZebraHZ is basically Zebra2 + extras, it can do anything Zebra2 can do, so it can load and play back anything Zebra2 can load and play back. :)
If i remember right there will be some extra added additionaly to what ZebraHZ is now, is that correct? :)

Elektronisch wrote:If i remember right there will be some extra added additionaly to what ZebraHZ is now, is that correct? :)
To the best of my knowledge, there are currently no decided plans to extend ZebraHZ 2.8 past the functionality of Zebra2 2.8 plus the current ZebraHZ. So we'll put in the new 2.8 modules, we'll update the interface, it'll get the new browser. But apart from the usual framework/compatibility updates, I think that's all.
Cheers
Rob
u-he | Support | FAQ | Patch Library

Urs wrote:....................................

ZebraHZ with 8 MSEGs, Wavefolder and NuRev is a quick fix if we keep the Diva filters where they are - good especially for new presets and unicode serials. Plus, Hans really wants that preset browser. Then, as Z3 needs it anyway, we'll have another update of ZHZ with unlimited number of rack units.
Hi @rob, isn't the 8 MSEGs new and not in 2.8 regular Zebra?

I think there was one other new feature that Hans already has that will come out in HZ to us the public.

rsp
sound sculptist

Yup... 8 MSEGs... totally forgot about that myself... :oops:

zvenx wrote:isn't the 8 MSEGs new and not in 2.8 regular Zebra?
Hehe, absolutely right, my bad. They've been in our internal builds for so long, that I already accepted them as the status quo. :)
Cheers
Rob
u-he | Support | FAQ | Patch Library

#rob wrote:
zvenx wrote:isn't the 8 MSEGs new and not in 2.8 regular Zebra?
Hehe, absolutely right, my bad. They've been in our internal builds for so long, that I already accepted them as the status quo. :)
Show off :)
rsp
sound sculptist

Alright, so. I'm curious to know how much I'd have to pay to get twice as many mod maps as well. ><

I've been running out as of late. :lol:

And 2 additional GLFOs, even if it's just for consistency :pray:

Yes would be nice to have two more GLFOs :D

zebra hz patch performance:
https://youtu.be/cL7QKP3UokA
It gets much more insane the more notes you play, but alas. I am no Lubomyr Melnyk. :help:

Urs, is there anything to lubricate our dry eyes ? :)

I suppose an additional question I have is why does Pan have a dedicated modulation knob, but not Mix on the mixer modules? I see much more potential with the latter than the former. hmm.

EDIT: Is there anyway to slew MMap increment values?

Have a request/hope if it isn't done yet and forgive me if someone else has asked for it.
After I do my favourites in Zebra 2.7 and before, when I open those presets in Dark Zebra 2.7 and before they aren't there, I have to manually edit open my 2.7 favourites file, copy them, paste them in my Dark Zebra 2.7 favourites, paste them and edit them with the relative location, and of course whenever I find a new favourite in Zebra 2.7 from any new bank I purchased, I have to repeat and copy the new favourite entries.
I hope that Dark Zebra 2.8 will see the preset database of Zebra 2.7 upon start up and automatically copy those contents to its own preset database.

Or what may make more sense is they each have access to the other presetdatbase file and favourites/author etc changes to patches inthe Z2 preset folder is saved to the z2 presetdatabase file and anything favourites/author etc changes to patches in the DHZ preset folder is saved to the dhz presetdatbase that allows for both to see any changes made to z2 patches whether you used z2 or dhz to do it.

Hope that makes sense.

thanks
rsp
sound sculptist

Still nothing, eh?

EvilDragon wrote:Yes would be nice to have two more GLFOs :D
Use a couple of the 8 MSEG's as global LFO's... :)

Return to “u-he”