Custom skin for Tyrell n6 v3.0.3 "Plastic Skin" [UPDATED hi-res version]

Official support for: u-he.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey guys. I had a nightmare last night. U-he was releasing Tyrell v4.0 this week with a multi-tabbed layout and my skin becomes obsolete :) This was the first time I dreamed of a VST ... I'm a bit scared of myself now :scared:

Does anybody know if further updates are planed? I really would like to see the Undo/Redo Buttons from the newer plugins ...

Very nice Thank you !! :clap:

would be better without the amazona logo I think.

Also you made a little mistake with the osc 2, should be SAW and square shapes. (the original skin has the same error)

Good shapes here https://u-he.com/PatchLib/skins/Chris-S-Tyrell_Diva.jpg

akira2 wrote:Very nice Thank you !! :clap:

Also you made a little mistake with the osc 2, should be SAW and square shapes. (the original skin has the same error)

Thanks for the hint! :) I will fix it later this evening and upload the new version. If you dont like the amazona logo you can download the trial of Affinity photo, remove the logo, export the document as png and then overwrite the png in the "panes"-subfolder.

akira2 wrote:Very nice Thank you !! :clap:

Alright it's done! I have changed the waveform icon and uploaded the new version.

And about your comment with the amazona logo ... I dont know if it's legal to remove the logo ... or at least if it's fair, but I have made a special Edition including your comment :hihi: Regard it as a present for your help :party: :hihi:

Download Link:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2xi77ewsbngmj ... .png?raw=1

Thanks again :)

audiot wrote: Alright it's done! I have changed the waveform icon and uploaded the new version.

And about your comment with the amazona logo ... I dont know if it's legal to remove the logo ... or at least if it's fair, but I have made a special Edition including your comment :hihi: Regard it as a present for your help :party: :hihi:

Download Link:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2xi77ewsbngmj ... .png?raw=1
What a present !! :o I think I'll use this one :hihi:

Thanks for the shape update ;)
Is the Affinity-Document updated too (with new shape) ? (I don't have Affinity photo installed yet so I can't check)

akira2 wrote: Thanks for the shape update ;)
Is the Affinity-Document updated too (with new shape) ? (I don't have Affinity photo installed yet so I can't check)
Yes, it's an inactive layer called "akira edition" or something :)

By the way ... I strongly recommend Affinity Photo to everybody who's doing image editing. It's just 50 Euros, wich is a steal. In combination with Affinity Designer it's the perfect tool for UI-Design, website scratches and stuff like that (documents can be exchanged flawless between both programs). And with buying it you can kick Adobe in their overweening, turbo-capitalist f**king a**es :x :evil: There are still a few things missing compared to Photoshop and Illustrator, but there are also a lot of things that work better then with Photoshop or Illustrator. But beware - you need a strong CPU for Affinity (one of the reasons could be the huge zoom-level compared to Adobe, I think). On my Haswell i7 it works very good - on my other Haswell i5 it works also nice but it starts quite slowly compared to the i7.

Go and support the good ones :tu:

Lovely, thanks Audiot!

audiot wrote:By the way ... I strongly recommend Affinity Photo to everybody who's doing image editing. It's just 50 Euros, wich is a steal. In combination with Affinity Designer it's the perfect tool for UI-Design, website scratches and stuff like that (documents can be exchanged flawless between both programs). And with buying it you can kick Adobe in their overweening, turbo-capitalist f**king a**es :x :evil: There are still a few things missing compared to Photoshop and Illustrator, but there are also a lot of things that work better then with Photoshop or Illustrator. But beware - you need a strong CPU for Affinity (one of the reasons could be the huge zoom-level compared to Adobe, I think). On my Haswell i7 it works very good - on my other Haswell i5 it works also nice but it starts quite slowly compared to the i7.

Go and support the good ones :tu:
Just wanted to let you know that I hadn't heard about Affinity Photo prior to you posting this, and I checked it out solely because I've been kicking around the idea of trying to skin a different product and was interested in seeing what you did here. Plus, it seemed like a cool product, and a step up from Gimp, which is what I had been using. So yeah, you sold at least one license.

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Just wanted to let you know that I hadn't heard about Affinity Photo prior to you posting this, and I checked it out solely because I've been kicking around the idea of trying to skin a different product and was interested in seeing what you did here. Plus, it seemed like a cool product, and a step up from Gimp, which is what I had been using. So yeah, you sold at least one license.
Great :party: If you are coming from Gimp you will love it. I know Gimp ... i had it installed for 5 minutes :) For an open source project it's awesome, but the workflow and the interface is to choppy for me. With Affinity photo you can now directly edit vetors in an image editing software - I think this is essential for UI design. And you can also do UI's with Affinty Designer. Affinity photo has excellent image editing options and basic vector options ... Affinity Designer is the opposite - it has excellent vector editing options and only basic image editing options. For the tyrell skin I used them in combination. Just copy and paste objects from one software to the other :love: But the tyrell skin could have also been done in Affinity designer alone - you can even open the ".afphoto"-file I have uploaded with Affinity Designer (looks exactly the same).

And here's a useful hint (tooked me some time to figure it out in the beginning): If you have grouped objects in Affinity photo and you want to select a single object from that group, just double-click on it (you dont need the layer-list ... huge time-saver)

The only thing I'm missing in Affinity photo is a proper batch recording, but Affinity is still a very young software suite compared to adobe ... and for macro recording someone advised me to check out MacroX. It's an external tool for recording macros but I have not tested it yet.
Last edited by audiot on Sat May 26, 2018 11:19 am, edited 3 times in total.

I will upload another version within the next days ... I dont like that some controls are moving slower or faster then others. The Resolution-Fader for example moves much slower then the Cutoff-Fader (the mouse way is longer). I think this can be fixed within the script (at least I hope that). I have a lot of other stuff to do but I will try to do this soon.

This skin look amazing, best one by FAR!

I'm getting an error message that the zip is invalid though, anyone else?

Wernstrom wrote:This skin look amazing, best one by FAR!

I'm getting an error message that the zip is invalid though, anyone else?
Thank you :) The ZIP is fine. You should try it again.

audiot wrote:I will upload another version within the next days ... I dont like that some controls are moving slower or faster then others. The Resolution-Fader for example moves much slower then the Cutoff-Fader (the mouse way is longer). I think this can be fixed within the script (at least I hope that). I have a lot of other stuff to do but I will try to do this soon.
I had a look at the script yesterday and I have no idea how to fix this. There are slider-id's that are linked to other slider-id's and these slider id's in turn are linked to other slider-id's ... wtf :?: My brain is in saving mode at the moment ... the weather here in germany is much to tropical for june.

There must be a way to fix this because the mixer-sliders in the original skin move different then the mixer-sliders in my skin. Maybe some more experienced modder can help me with that? :help: Otherwise it stays as it is ... it's not a big problem for me - just would be nice.

Elektronisch wrote:Looks fantstic!

I think Urs should ask you for the rights to make this one a default skin. Truth to be told original one is quite ugly in a way that its a little bit hard to use :)

Also dont forget to add the waveshapes :wink:
While audiot's skin is certainly way better than the ugly default Tyrell GUI, there are so many great Tyrell skins out there! My favorite is the Bittersweet and Lavender skin. :love:

Return to “u-he”