Zebra2 2.8 & Diva 1.4.3 Hotfix update RC (revision 7418)

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi all,

we have a release candidate for a Zebra2 2.8 and Diva 1.4.3 hotfix update (revision 7418).

Diva 1.4.3 rev.7418 Windows download
Diva 1.4.3 rev.7418 Mac download

Zebra2 2.8 rev.7418 Windows download
Zebra2 2.8 rev.7418 Mac download

As some of you might have noticed, there was a very unfortunate little hiccup in the release version of the Zebra2 2.8 and Diva 1.4.3 updates, which, for a few Mac users, led to an instant crash every time the plugin was loaded in a host.
This was due to missing write permissions in some user library folders.

So, here comes a release candidate for a hotfix update, which deals with this issue.
If those permissions are missing, the plugin will set them before trying to create the user presets folder.

Additionally, we also fixed a few more bugs, mainly in the preset browser.
Thus, this update will be a recommended update for everyone, Mac and Win users alike.

Don't wonder, the version number did not change, it's still Zebra2 2.8 and Diva 1.4.3.
The only thing that changed is the revision number, which is now 7418 (up from 7325 for the previous release).
You can simply install the update over the previously installed version.

And a general note, should any of you experience crashes or white GUIs when trying to load the new version:
This is then most likely the case because of a mix-up of old plugin version and new installation files.
Please make sure that you install into the same locations the last version was installed to.
And make sure to update all the plugin formats you had previously installed.
If this doesn't help, then please contact our support, and we will figure it out quickly.

Changelog for Zebra2 2.8 & Diva 1.4.3, revision 7418 (changes since rev. 7325):

Fixed:

* Mac only: Crash when loading plugin, due to missing write permissions
* Mac only: Crash if a symlink pointed to an external drive
* Some issues in preset browser when creating or duplicating folders
* Zebra2 DotEight skin: Lock symbol of the mute button had a graphics glitch
* Zebra2: Some parameters could take over value from previous preset under special circumstances (XY related)

Thanks
rsp
sound sculptist

Thanks!

Thank you! Will try this out.

I think the values of Detune knob on Dual VCO are mixed up. If you press shift you have "faster" turn with mouse while by default with mouse turn is slow. Shouldnt be otherwise?

Elektronisch wrote:I think the values of Detune knob on Dual VCO are mixed up. If you press shift you have "faster" turn with mouse while by default with mouse turn is slow. Shouldnt be otherwise?
Good catch.
happening here too.... Diva vst2, Cubase 9.5. Sierra 10.12.6
rsp
sound sculptist

Elektronisch wrote:I think the values of Detune knob on Dual VCO are mixed up. If you press shift you have "faster" turn with mouse while by default with mouse turn is slow. Shouldnt be otherwise?
Although I'm not experiencing the "faster" turns when using Shift here, what you should know about Detune in Diva is that the Detune knob is already the fine adjustment of the pitch parameter, so holding Shift can't make it any finer.
What I experience here is: Detune knobs fine tune the pitch parameter, and with the same amount no matter if I hold Shift or not. Using the mousewheel gives me +- 0.40 steps.
That's actually the way it always was, and isn't a bug.

Unless I'm misunderstanding you and holding Shift actually accelerates the parameter changes when clicking on the Detune knob and moving the mouse up and down - can you check again if Shift actually does that?
Like I said, we've checked on our machines and that does not happen here.

Viktor
u-he team

I don't see my response.

I had typed.
you are probably right in that it isn't faster, but it certainly wasn't slowly as I had expected, it indeed probably is around the same speed.
thanks
rsp
The unshushable Coktor wrote:
Although I'm not experiencing the "faster" turns when using Shift here, what you should know about Detune in Diva is that the Detune knob is already the fine adjustment of the pitch parameter, so holding Shift can't make it any finer.
What I experience here is: Detune knobs fine tune the pitch parameter, and with the same amount no matter if I hold Shift or not. Using the mousewheel gives me +- 0.40 steps.
That's actually the way it always was, and isn't a bug.

Unless I'm misunderstanding you and holding Shift actually accelerates the parameter changes when clicking on the Detune knob and moving the mouse up and down - can you check again if Shift actually does that?
Like I said, we've checked on our machines and that does not happen here.
Viktor
u-he team
here it is:
yeah I think indeed it isnt' faster if I pay special attention to it.
rsp
sound sculptist

Return to “u-he”