Hive 1.1 latest build - revision 7485

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Elektronisch wrote:* Init preset can be loaded from Data Display

Apeareantly you can only from local folder because there is init preset? :) i tried with other folders, no init.
Same procedure as with any other of our recently updated plugins. Right-click the data display to get the list of the presets from the current folder. Scroll down to the end of the list. There you will find an init preset. :)
init_preset.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
That QA guy from planet u-he.

tasmaniandevil wrote:

Apeareantly you can only from local folder because there is init preset? :) i tried with other folders, no init.
Same procedure as with any other of our recently updated plugins. Right-click the data display to get the list of the presets from the current folder. Scroll down to the end of the list. There you will find an init preset. :)
init_preset.png
Thats what i also thought, but there is no INIT on my end :roll:

Elektronisch wrote:* New feature: ModMatrix cross modulation

can some one of Uhe give some explaination how that works ? :) it doesnt do anything for me, possibly im doing it wrong :)
See the attached pic for a very simple example.
LFO 1 modulates cutoff in slot one.
And the modulation depth is modulated by LFO 2 in slot two.
modmatrix_crossmod.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

tasmaniandevil wrote:

init_preset.png
The problem with this is that if the list is long, "init" is on the bottom, so you need to scroll allllll the way down. In Windows this is problematic because the native dropdown menu scrolling is horribly slow, AND mousewheel doesn't work on them, sadly.

So, patch init should be on TOP, ideally!

Last edited by EvilDragon on Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

EvilDragon wrote:
tasmaniandevil wrote:

init_preset.png
The problem with this is that if the list is long, "init" is on the bottom, so you need to scroll allllll the way down. In Windows this is problematic because the native dropdown menu scrolling is horribly slow, AND mousewheel doesn't work on them!
I just figured that out :lol: ok, it seems its actually faster to go to local folder and load init from there :D

tasmaniandevil wrote:
Elektronisch wrote:* New feature: ModMatrix cross modulation

can some one of Uhe give some explaination how that works ? :) it doesnt do anything for me, possibly im doing it wrong :)
See the attached pic for a very simple example.
LFO 1 modulates cutoff in slot one.
And the modulation depth is modulated by LFO 2 in slot two.
modmatrix_crossmod.png
Ah i see, i was trying to select parameter but it seems you have to drag from destination part in modmatrix to modulation slot :)

EvilDragon wrote:So, patch init should be on TOP, ideally!
I once was told the reason for why it is not at the top of the list, but I absolutely can't remember it.

Whatever the reason was, I just gave a convincing counter-argument, at least for Windows peeps. :)

An alternative would be to use your own dropdown menu code instead of relying on OS frameworks, I suppose... Or perhaps there's a better substitute for this sort of menu in win32, one that allows mousewheeling through...

Elektronisch wrote:Ah i see, i was trying to select parameter but it seems you have to drag from destination part in modmatrix to modulation slot :)
Yes, exactly. The modulation mod depths do not appear in the list of modulation targets.
You have to drag the crosshair to the modulation depth knob to assign those.

tasmaniandevil wrote:
Elektronisch wrote:Ah i see, i was trying to select parameter but it seems you have to drag from destination part in modmatrix to modulation slot :)
Yes, exactly. The modulation mod depths do not appear in the list of modulation targets.
You have to drag the crosshair to the modulation depth knob to assign those.
Will modmatrix destinations gonna be added in dropdown in the future update?

EvilDragon wrote:Whatever the reason was, I just gave a convincing counter-argument, at least for Windows peeps. :)
Yes, I know, and it's a very good (already known) argument. And I too would like to have the list at least scrollable via mouse-wheel on Windows.
But again, I dunno the reason for why it's currently not possible on Windows, sorry.

Elektronisch wrote:Will modmatrix destinations gonna be added in dropdown in the future update?
Not sure about that, so I can't promise it.

Elektronisch wrote:Will modmatrix destinations gonna be added in dropdown in the future update?
Not entirely sure yet. Adding Macros is next on my list, and the Macros will simply be Modulation Sources which will be prewired to simplified versions of the Matrix (no "Via Source") with 4 or 8 target slots. The question is whether or not to make the Macro Knob/XY an option in these Matrices and e.g. swap them for something else.

tasmaniandevil wrote:
Not sure about that, so I can't promise it.
Ah i see. I think its a bit helpful to have those because i do believe there are people who dont use drag and drop feature (including me) when there is matrix (unless its forced like in massive) and just go directly to matrix mod dropdown menu. When you dont see those destinations it kind of makes it "secret" feature wich is something you might forget :D

Can you please add supersaw or hypersaw oscillator? like supersaw on the Roland system-8? Together with already present up to 16x unison mode it will give super fat sound.

Return to “u-he”