Hive 1.1 latest build - revision 7485

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Err... it already has a super-fat sound when you choose the usual saw waveform and 16x unison. That's how you get supersaw in Hive, by design.

Iva wrote:Can you please add supersaw or hypersaw oscillator? like supersaw on the Roland system-8? Together with already present up to 16x unison mode it will give super fat sound.
It already has, its called Unison mode on oscillator :) Or do you want Unison within an unison ? :) Syanpse Audio Dune 2 has that :) Also virus ti :)

Awesome update Urs! I love that we now have a quantizer in the matrix! :D

Any suggestion on how to use (or visualize) the new saturation curves?

(so pumped for macro controls and new waveforms! tee-hee!)

Sound Author wrote:Awesome update Urs! I love that we now have a quantizer in the matrix! :D

Any suggestion on how to use (or visualize) the new saturation curves?

(so pumped for macro controls and new waveforms! tee-hee!)
Thanks mate!

Saturation curves: The top one is like a tanh _/¯ the bottom one is like ,—´, the rest is in-between.

A lot more coming to the quantizer (musical scales, harmonics).

We have an awesome plan for waveforms. If all goes well, it'll be pretty good.

So, the saturation curves are basically smoothing the modulation signal?

Reshaping them. Try with sawtooth LFO.

Yep, they are like response curves for Velocity.

Urs wrote:Some additional facts about the roadmap for an official release of Hive 1.2:
  • final tagging of 2700+ presets
  • we're adding NKS support
  • addition of macro controls in hexagon
  • More Waveforms
  • possibly one of the new skins we were working on
^^ this is what we're gonna work on in the next few weeks!

Stay tuned,

- U
Hey Urs,

This is awesome to hear!

I want to ask about something you mentioned before. Crossmodulation. Is Oscillator crossmod still in consideration? :)

Probably not.

Elektronisch wrote:Is Oscillator crossmod still in consideration? :)
Yes, but not very likely for Hive 1.2 / this year

The idea is to BDSM-ify the Sub Osc and make it a slave to the main Osc. But not necessarily for CrossMod, rather for DX-style FM, Saw Sync and Square Sync, added as if these were additional waveforms. CrossMod (analogue FM, that is) would be a bit more difficult and possibly a CPU killer. The gist is, this would work so that the Sub Osc inherits the number unison voices from the main Osc. CPU hog territory, hence prioritised quite a tad lower than More Waveforms.

Urs wrote:Yep, they are like response curves for Velocity.
that was my understanding too, but found the use of labeling in terms of saturation a bit 'unusual'.
rsp
sound sculptist

I love the fm by sub oscillator idea!

edit:

Still holding out hope for a 1 pole filter too.

The D&B skin seems to still be working FYI.

Awesome guys! Thanks for this.

More than one year ago, I asked if its possible to extract the midi data from Hive´s sequencer so that we are able to compose and edit our sequences properly, without having to use multiple instances of the synth with different sequences. Please see this post here:

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=485219&p=6792036#p6792036

u-he replied with:
Urs wrote:We actually had drag n drop of MIDI in an early prototype of another sequencer. It's definitely on our radar, but finishing some other stuff had higher priority.

That said, my current project might rely heavily on drag n drop, so there's a good chance we'll revisit it for Hive/Repro-1 sequencers as well.
In this latest Hive release it´s still not possible to do this, right?

Nope.

Return to “u-he”