Hive 1.1 latest build - revision 7485

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Drag'n'Drop support is in the works, but not specifically for the Sequencer & MIDI.

Again, our ideas for new Waveforms are very major and are the top priority feature request. We would rather not postpone the release of those for the MIDI export feature etc.

I understand, thanks.
But with all new improvements and features you shouldn´t forget efficiency.
It´s musicians using your synths every day and the way we are forced to use a synths sequencer is extremely inefficient and outdated. And I don´t mean u-he synths only but synths in general.
I still can not understand how most people ignore this major issue all the years and prefer to use and pay for external software to do such simple tasks like dragging out the sequence and edit it in the DAW project.

Urs wrote:
Elektronisch wrote:Is Oscillator crossmod still in consideration? :)
Yes, but not very likely for Hive 1.2 / this year

The idea is to BDSM-ify the Sub Osc and make it a slave to the main Osc. But not necessarily for CrossMod, rather for DX-style FM, Saw Sync and Square Sync, added as if these were additional waveforms. CrossMod (analogue FM, that is) would be a bit more difficult and possibly a CPU killer. The gist is, this would work so that the Sub Osc inherits the number unison voices from the main Osc. CPU hog territory, hence prioritised quite a tad lower than More Waveforms.
Ah this is awesome :) although i did expected analog fm type :D but fm from sub osc is already amazing and opens up possibilities :) but how crossmod worked in diva? (i mean jp8080 oscilator)? it didnt seemed to consume much more cpu (i like to use that feature alot for those screamy, screetchy sounds) :)

They could also jack the LFO’s Into audio rates like ACE, but I love the idea of making use of these solid subs. It won’t affect or break earlier versions of presets or saves. It will give a one of a kind unique feature sound. It’s going to integrate beautifully and scream like a banshee.

If you want to have some fun with screaming pads (I love doing this) apply the constant to the filter cutoff.

I know it’s my imagination, but I swear this thing sounds better. Is it normal to form a romantic relationship with a VSTI? It’s such a romantic instrument. It needs more BEAUTY in the GUI. You need to deck her out in diamonds and pearls, and beautiful pastels. Should have been named Boudica IMO.

nevermind

Urs wrote:The idea is to BDSM-ify the Sub Osc and make it a slave to the main Osc.
Now I see strange images in my head... :shock:
:oops:

xx JPRacer xx wrote:
Urs wrote:The idea is to BDSM-ify the Sub Osc and make it a slave to the main Osc.
Now I see strange images in my head... :shock:
:oops:
Yeah BDSM kind of reminds me this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zyxxXlFdf4Y

This sums my experience with Hive nicely. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yOTgWr0J1Bw

Urs when you do your BDSM research could we get some pics of you and Sascha in black?

edit: Oh and Sascha as master, Urs as slave please. :o :help: :tu:
:hyper: M O N O S Y N T H S F O R E V E R :hyper:

I love interim releases (software only)!

Thank you Urs and team!

I like the improved preset browser, working with old directory view and using tags does it for me.
Did you already made a decision about the upcoming skin? If so, which one will it be?

Elektronisch wrote:Yeah BDSM kind of reminds me this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zyxxXlFdf4Y
:-o :-o :-o
:nutter: :nutter:
:smack:

AndreasH wrote:I like the improved preset browser, working with old directory view and using tags does it for me.
Did you already made a decision about the upcoming skin? If so, which one will it be?
As I know Basti, he'll start over with a mashup of some of the concepts and some new ideas. He's currently doing the new skin for ZebraHZ, so I'm not sure if the new Hive skin will happen before the 1.2 release. There's a very good chance though.

Just curious, are you contemplating wavetables for this update or is that further down the road?

I just got really confused and thought Hive had a bug. I was using a lot of modulators and playing around with ModMatrix modifiers. I set polarity to "only if negative" on one, and then I disabled that modulator for a while. Later I re-enabled it and switched it to a Mod envelope source. It seemed broken and would not modulate anything. After a few minutes I finally realized the envelope is never negative, so it effectively disabled the modulator. The same thing happens with an LFO in unipolar (positive) mode.

I realize this is intended behavior and "user error". I think a visual indicator when ModMatrix modifiers are enabled would help debug a modulator that's not working.

I was also wondering if you can modulate the depth of a modulator on the MM2 tab with a modulator on the MM1 page or vice versa? Since these targets are not in the drop-down menu, it doesn't seem possible. When doing drag-and-drop assignment, I expected that hovering on MM1/MM2 would open that tab so I could drop it on any of the modulator depths. This isn't a big deal because I don't need to do that much cross modulation (or do I? :ud:).

Return to “u-he”