Colour Copy - Contest winner announcement

Official support for: u-he.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

groovyomega wrote:Thank God! All these over-creative hipster suggestions, which seemed to be all about showing: ...blaah blah Jesus shatt up willya
Opinions are like assholes and yours is smelling not so rosey Mr 25 posts. You don't have a damn clue what the name creators were attempting to convey with their entries...and "Thank God" for all of them who at least made an effort. Now, try to show a smidgen of RESPECT in this forum. Congrats to the winner!! :clap:

Not what I would have chosen too, but... From all entries, I think that the guy who thought about giving the copies names of the different methods of copies would def be the winner (carbon, laser, etc...)
BOOOOOM!!

Those names would be useless though. And not aid whatsoever in operating the plugin.
I would imagine the aim wasn't to come with a clever totally non functional unrelated to its function name, but a name that would best describe the different modes.
And the winning entry did that to me.
my two cents.
rsp
sound sculptist

:tu: Truly thought most of you did a great job coming up with entries (based on the fact we didn't know what U-he was after) and I am sure a good deal of you put some thought into what each type would be called. It was not easy to know what U-he wanted. If I thought they were after generally 'typical' descriptive terms then I def would have gone that way with my suggestions as well. It seemed to me (and obviously many others) that U-he was after something "colourful" and out-of-the-box to describe the 5 different "colour types", mainly due to the fact that each setting changes multiple parameters in the internal "colour" chain partly depending upon the input material. So I imagine some people were thinking there's not a single good way to describe each type because the result varies with the material...so in that case we name the settings in a creative way. So cheers to all the entrants and once again, congrats to the final winner.

Congratz to the winner definitely. :party:

Fortunately, for those of us who don't care for the winning entry, modding it
out to whatever you prefer should prove a relatively a simple matter, when all is said and done.

Otherwise, I would hope to never see another contest like this from Uhe...

No need to be such a Grinch.
pekbro wrote:Congratz to the winner definitely. :party:

Fortunately, for those of us who don't care for the winning entry, modding it
out to whatever you prefer should prove a relatively a simple matter, when all is said and done.

Otherwise, I would hope to never see another contest like this from Uhe...

dlarseninclusive wrote:No need to be such a Grinch.
Well I'm sorry you took it that way, it was not intended as such.

No worries mate, it just came off harsh. :D
pekbro wrote:
dlarseninclusive wrote:No need to be such a Grinch.
Well I'm sorry you took it that way, it was not intended as such.

i liked the contest, even if i didn't win. :P

i wouldn't mind another one.

I enjoyed the contest as well. I seriously don't want anyone to think that I find
the winning choice to be a poor one. In reality it's far more unreasonable than that.
I simply don't like the word RESO, to me its not a word commonly used to abbreviate
the word Resonant or a word at all for that matter. That bugs me unfortunately.

I would be perfectly happy with "Rezzy" "Sparkly" "Fuzzy" "Snappy" "Dusky" or ((type desc)-ish).
Anything of a more descriptive connotation. Believe it or not, for the most part, I agree with the
concept of it more than I do my own submission. I just don't care for the execution.

Anyway, if it bugs me enough, I can modd it out. So no harm, no foul...

I’m bummed that I didn’t get into that thread soon enough to participate. Hopefully next time. :)

pekbro wrote:I would be perfectly happy with "Rezzy" "Sparkly" "Fuzzy" "Snappy" "Dusky" or ((type desc)-ish).
That reminds me of Snow Whites 7 dwarfs...Grumpy...Happy...Sleepy...Dopey...Sneezy...at least the 5 that end in a 'y'. :hihi:

Hmm...instead of names why not little pictures of multi-coloured unicorns? With rainbows and sparkles naturally. Maybe in Z3. :tu:
:hyper: M O N O S Y N T H S F O R E V E R :hyper:

spunkmuffin wrote:
Hmm...instead of names why not little pictures of multi-coloured unicorns? With rainbows and sparkles naturally. Maybe in Z3. :tu:

pekbro wrote:
spunkmuffin wrote:
If memory serves me, some lovely soul did suggest names of Care Bears. Next time Show yr Pride ppl :hihi:

Congrats to cairnan and to the devs for a great plugin (which I've bought and can't wait to put into production), the labels are good, but with all due respect, I think "dusk" doesn't fit as well with the others. It would be the odd one out in an IQ test.

Consider the sentences:

"I want more reso" -- that works.
"I want more sparkle" -- that works.
"I want more fuzz" -- that works.
"I want more snap" -- that works.
"I want more dusk" -- that feels out of place compared to the others.

My two bits of course, but maybe cairnan or the devs can come up with a better synonym that evokes the same family of vocab. The other ones are good though! All just opinions, of course. Great job, U-he and congrats again to cairnan!

Return to “u-he”