When can we expect a standalone saturation/overdive/distortion effect from U-he?

Official support for: u-he.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

The topic says it all, but I just wanted to say that I particularly love the wavefolder distortions in a few U-he plugins, and Jaws is simply amazing.

I know there's a huge backlog, but has there been any discussion about making something like this as a standalone plugin?

I barked up this tree once.
My thought at the time was, perhaps it could be an expanded aspect of Presswerk.
My real hope though is for a 'Swiss Army Knife of distortions/saturation,' which could be used on anything--none the least of which is guitar. Vocals would be important as well.

Could be in Uhbik-2, maybe as part of Runciter.

Or they could make an FX version of the synths they come from. The value in Zebra 2 is astounding when you consider Zebrify (you're using the wavefolder there, right?). ReProfy would be nice.

But things like Bazille's spring reverb deserve their own further-developed standalone plugin. So I'm glad that is getting attention.

Or just added to uhbik...

Cytomic does this very well

Cytomic.com/scream
Cytomin.com/drop
Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM

electro wrote:Cytomic does this very well

Cytomic.com/scream
Cytomin.com/drop
Scream is good, but everyone says to use the Drop as an overdrive box, and I don't get it. I've never been able to get it to go to places I want it to go.

idk what places you're looking to go, but if you put one of the filters just above or below the place where the sound actually stops (like hp/lping anything for standard mixing to cut out the noise and the cruft, you know), and then you CRANK DAT on the drive and like 25%-30% on resonance, it gives a sort of vibrancy and stuff in the audible frequencies. i've just today taken a 606 kick drum and had a high-pass filter between 0-20 hz, well below the fundamental frequency, and turned the drive up and the resonance a bit and it turns it into a pleasantly chunky, bouncy creature.

I just want a U-he distortion plugin which calculates out to the inf and slams my CPU. I want it to be a perfect marriage of Presswerk, Runciter (with latest filter tech), Satin and Protoverb. That's all I want damnit! :bang: BLARRG!

This would be dope. I'm honestly disappointed Fxpansion dropped Maul since it sounded very rich and had quite some power. Urs... I think you want to make the best distortion plugin. Unless that means taking two forevers to release Zebra 3, I'll take Zebra 3 instead. But like now. thx

Oh yeah, distortion plugin...

mihai wrote:This would be dope. I'm honestly disappointed Fxpansion dropped Maul since it sounded very rich and had quite some power. Urs... I think you want to make the best distortion plugin. Unless that means taking two forevers to release Zebra 3, I'll take Zebra 3 instead. But like now. thx

Maul was so close to being it, but I feel it was overburdened with LFOs and stuff. Don’t get me wrong, they were interesting, but I would rather have had just the straight up distortion/overdrive without all that complexity.

dangayle wrote:
mihai wrote:This would be dope. I'm honestly disappointed Fxpansion dropped Maul since it sounded very rich and had quite some power. Urs... I think you want to make the best distortion plugin. Unless that means taking two forevers to release Zebra 3, I'll take Zebra 3 instead. But like now. thx

Maul was so close to being it, but I feel it was overburdened with LFOs and stuff. Don’t get me wrong, they were interesting, but I would rather have had just the straight up distortion/overdrive without all that complexity.
I never liked the sound of the crossovers in Maul. It was difficult to make a multiband sound which 'meshed'. I appreciate there was a lot of flexibility in that bands could be significantly overlapped (or even 'underlapped' - leaving parts of the spectrum empty), but it just wasn't for me. I ended up using Ohmicide most of the time. For single band work, Maul was my go-to for a good few years before plugs like SGA1566 and The Scream arrived.

Something of a feature I'd like to see might be two large knobs: EVEN and ODD. Maybe macro views too, like Presswerk where we get say, Pentode, Triode and Tape?
I'd also love to have a feature which could allow me to easily isolate very specific harmonics and filter out everything else. :violin:

cron wrote:I never liked the sound of the crossovers in Maul. It was difficult to make a multiband sound which 'meshed'. I appreciate there was a lot of flexibility in that bands could be significantly overlapped (or even 'underlapped' - leaving parts of the spectrum empty), but it just wasn't for me. I ended up using Ohmicide most of the time. For single band work, Maul was my go-to for a good few years before plugs like SGA1566 and The Scream arrived.
That was the other thing. I never used the multiband part of it either. The Single Malt version through CM was perfect, but didn’t have all the various models and filters available and is now sadly unsupported (the installer no longer works).

Enough of these. You have a ton on UAD, also many Nebula programs and then there are the native VSTs like SGA1566. Even Native Instruments has one called Supercharger.
https://www.native-instruments.com/en/p ... ercharger/

Then you still have overdriven filters with Monark for Reaktor, Synapse Legend, Gforce Imposcar etc.
http://shatteredglassaudio.com/gear_list.php?id=digital

And also don't forget the AMP Sims, Thermionik, Amplitube, Overloud TH-3, TSE X50 II, Guitar Rig 5 etc.
Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM

electro wrote:Enough of these. You have a ton on UAD, also many Nebula programs and then there are the native VSTs like SGA1566. Even Native Instruments has one called Supercharger.
https://www.native-instruments.com/en/p ... ercharger/

Then you still have overdriven filters with Monark for Reaktor, Synapse Legend, Gforce Imposcar etc.
http://shatteredglassaudio.com/gear_list.php?id=digital

And also don't forget the AMP Sims, Thermionik, Amplitube, Overloud TH-3, TSE X50 II, Guitar Rig 5 etc.
none run for me though :scared:
they only run in dumpyland

Return to “u-he”